The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved First American Home Buyers Protection — denial of all claims
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I purchased the expanded coverage. After taking possesion of the house, the register was gone from the gas stove. Flames were shooting a foot and half out of the burners. The company stated that they did not cover that kind of damage. The oven was not working properly. Apparently the previous owners had damaged it between inspection and our taking possession. The coverage was denied again. The shower began to leak. The company said that the pipe had been twisted so hard that it was damaged and they refused to effect a repair. The dishwasher stopped cleaning the dishes and the bottom rack needed to be repaired. The technician came, and I saw that he was not going to do anything. He told me I needed to run the hot water. I pointed out that how we did the dishes had not changed and now the dishes are not getting clean-- sounds like the pump. I asked was he saying the heating element was broken? He responded that food gets into the pump. The company denied my claim-- big shock-- and claimed that I had not cleaned the dishwasher and that food particles had damaged the pump-- this inspite of the fact that no food particles were visible in the tub and the technician never did anything to discover any food particles-- he did not remove any filter screen nor did he take out the pump to inspect it... also no lower rack was forthcoming.
When I called to ask for reconsideration of the denial on the shower-- I was told that they did not cover malicious damage. When I called to ask for a different decision about the dishwasher I was told that all reports by the technician were final. At the time, I thought I was dealing with a shiftless plumber-- I had no idea I was dealing with Moses coming down from Mt Sinai with the ten commandments. They are tits on a bull useless.
More First American Home Buyers Protection Complaints & Reviews
- First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation - I would not recommend first american to my worst enemy!
- First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation - va inspection not good enough??
- First American Payment Systems - ryan de vitis, a scam artist
- First American Payment Systems - you'll get screwed!
- First American Home Warranty - rip off-poor service, taking advantage of customer
- First American Home Protection - terrible experience
- First American Payment Systems - excessive charges
- First American Home Buyers Protection - without ac for over 2 weeks
- First American Payment Systems - unreasonable demand from their collection dept
- First American Home Buyers Protection Inc. - breach of contract