Having problems with Fingerhut?

Fingerhut reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 19, 2006. The latest review Item was broken was posted on Apr 17, 2021. The latest complaint Product that was never deliver was resolved on Dec 28, 2014. Fingerhut has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 185 reviews. Fingerhut has resolved 29 complaints.

Fingerhut Customer Service Contacts

1660 Highway 100 S. Suite 500
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fingerhut Customer Service. Initial Fingerhut complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fingerhut above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fingerhut. Discuss the issues you have had with Fingerhut and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Fingerhut Complaints & Reviews

Fingerhutbait and switch

On 11.29.2013 I ordered a LG Neon II Unlocked GSM Cell Phone in Orange/Gray, I received a Red/Silver on 11.28.13, this was to be a birthday present for Dec. 7th. When I got the incorrect phone, I IMMEDIATELY reordered the Orange and Gray on 11.29.13, as to assure a timely delivery of the second phone. I then returned the incorrect phone the following day, for credit,

As stated earlier, This was to be a birthday present for my Mom on Dec. 7th. I got the replacement phone in a timely manner, yet when I opened it, IT WAS THE INCORRECT COLOR PHONE for the SECOND TIME, and getting the incorrect phone 2 days before a 70th Birthday, the return option, WAS NOT AN OPTION.

I had called customer service line the day the 2nd phone was received, and was on hold for ONE HOUR and FIFTY SEVEN Min., then disconnected at 9pm EST. At the same time I was on the site waiting for a chat to appear, which it did TWICE, I stated that I had an order problem, and when I started to put in the order #, and relevant information, the agent(s) disconnected me. basically not enabling me to make an inquiry as to what I could do to get a replacement phone in an expedited manner, or just to give me some options to problem. ( I personally think this item was nothing more than a bait and switch)

I shop quite frequently with Fingerhut and am VERY disappointed at the service that was not provided to rectify something that should never have happened. This company has a complete lack of customer service as well as lack of integrity. .

Fingerhut — deffered payments

I put a order in about a week ago, orderd my items online because I thought I didn't have a catalog not...

Fingerhutbilling fraud

I was a Fingerhut customer one time purchase. I bought a coffeepot for a gift. I paid off the full amount due early and I am still being billed for the minimum payment. Throughout the entire billing cycle I was charged late fees even though the payments were autopay and initiated from the Fingerhut Company and payments were directly submitted to my bank for payment. The representative said there is no way to termenate pre arranged auto payments and the cycle must proceed in spite of a satisfied account status. This is fraud and theft by conversion.

• Se
        Sean Coulom Jul 06, 2013

I had an account with them that I was paying off... my statement usually comes around the 1st of the month...When I did not receive my statement I called them to inquire about it. If anyone knows the process of calling them... they require you put in your phone number and last four digits of SSN... then they tell your current balance now I know I had available credit as i've been trying to pay them off to close the account. What I heard was that I had no available credit. speaking to a customer service representative told me that someone had logged into my account and purchased a laptop computer $899.00 now its possible my account got hacked but I question this...In all my dealings with this company a STANDARD DELIVERY takes 3 weeks from point of purchase to delivery. This laptop was purchased on 6/12/2013 and delivered the next day 6/13/2013 STANDARD DELIVERY someone had to know where to send this item that would take the least amount of time to be delivered... I live in Boston ma this package was delivered to... lake in the hills IL and Just DROPPED OFF an $899.00 package... after this I closed my account with them ill pay them what I owe them minus this laptop as I believe this was done by someone who currently works at fingerhut...

Fingerhutbilling for merchandise not ordered

They got my name and address somehow and started shipping worthless stuff--hand towels at $14.00 each (the bill arrived separately and later.) When I called them to get a return label, the person on the phone lied that my account "did not come up." I returned their trash, but ended up paying for shipping. After three days, another package arrived via FedEx, for $76, but I happened to be at home and refused to accept it.
      How can this scam be stopped? I an leaving for Europe in a few days, and if they continue to ship and then bill me to ruin my credit, I will have to go to Police.

Fingerhut — safeline plus

I never realized that I was being charged for safeline plus on my account... I called to request it removed...

Fingerhut — absurd charges

at issue is I purchased a wedding ring, poor quality. I returned it within a couple of days. they charged me...

Fingerhut/philippines Outsourcing — incompetent pathetic filipino #s why do companies hire these goons??

I dont get why these horrible stupid companies hire these idiotic filipinos to work for them??? Every company...

Fingerhuthorrible reps, they lie to customers liars freaks won't cancel account

fingerhut is horrible...so basically...I got an increase in credit limit and decided I wanted to get some things I've wanted for a while. However, there was a coupon code that got messed up during an order so I called it in the next day. I got a rep...some male, who basically told me that if I placed the order with him he'd honor the coupon code, but just as a one time courtesy. Of course he was LYING. He placed my order, then said he'd use the coupon code to adjust everything...to take 15% off. When I checked my account I noticed the code wasn't used. So basically this jerk lied to me...fingerhut has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU CAN ###ING IMAGINE. all they do is give DIFFERENT ANSWERS TO EVERYTHING, LIE LIE AND LIE...their reps just LIE FOR NO REASON ...they dont KNOW what they're talking about...they are TERRIBLE!!!

so this jerk lied to me and told me he took a discount...but he didn't. then i called back and got the stupid FILIPINO CALL CENTER which is the WORST...the DUMBEST REPS EVER...HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE NO KNOWLEDGE OF ANYTHING STUPID INCOMPETENT RUDE. the filipinos are liek braindead robots who spew the same nonsense like idiots..they have NO clue what they are talking about and they LIE like hell. my question is...why do they OUTSOURCE to the philippines when these reps have NO CLUE WHAT TO DO AND ARE STUPID AS HELL? i had a similar issue with AT&T and the HORRID filipino REJECTS there...DUMBEST MOST INCOMPETENT ###S TO EXIST and with FINGERHUT TOO???

so then the white jerk who lied to me...didnt apply my discount, so i called the number and got a filipino ###...this [censored] basically...then said no discount was applied and she then claimed SHE applied the discount...but i'll only see it on my next billing cycle...again WTF?? i checked my account and there was NO DISCOUNT. i asked the [censored] to cancel my order but she siad that there was NO guarantee the order would be cancelled and would STILL be SHIPPED even though I had JUST PLACED THE ORDER AN HOUR PRIOR???? so fingerhut cannot CANCEL AN ORDER ONE HOUR AFTER YOU PLACE IT??? BULLSH*T...these sickos are LIARS and do ANYTHING to not cancel an order which is ABSURD.
        so then...the 2nd rep a filip [censored] HUNG up on me after not letting me cancel and i called BACK...then some stupid MALE filipino told me...after looking into it that YES the discount was applied...he was LYING again...and then basically...i said when will i see it and he said in 24 hours...again ALL LIES...
        then i called back...to try to cancel the order and they said they put in a REQUEST and that i'd have to call customer service...this FILIP liar too also said the discount was there...but i wouldn't see it yet...
        OMG??? then i call back TODAY with TWO FILIPINO reps and an incompetent braindead supervisor saying there was NO DISCOUNT there...WOW...and to call customer service...becaues they can deal with that and that i can't cancel through them...again WTF????

this is the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER???? these sickos that work here are LIARS PSYCHOS LIARS...they LIE to customers...LIE LIE AND LIE..aer the MOST incompetent people ever...its the WORST SERVICE YOU CAN IMAGINE??? they wont let u cancel...they lie and say discounts are there...huh??? FINGERHUT SUCKS AND THEIR CSRS ARE THE WORST EVER ALONG WITH THE FILIPINO REJECTS AND IDIOTS THEY OUTSOURCE TO...STOP THIS SICK COMPANY...!!!

• 2g
            2greeniz Mar 23, 2014

Hmmm??? I guess you DON'T LIKE FINGERHUT! AND something else???...a FILIPINO?

• Ro
            RobertSpur55 Feb 21, 2014

Try not going over the deep end when stuff happens like this, i know it hard, you may be in your every right to be totally pissed off about it but...you must remember they people you deal with are not running the company, and in a way they are allowed to do only so much, you make them mad and it wont help, now there angry cause your venting to someone who is just trying to earn a paycheck. Try speaking with a supervisor or emailing a complaint to someone else up the foodchain. If all else fails bit the bullet pay the thing without the discount, and tell everyone you know of your experiece. Go to there face book if they have one and voice your story. Bad reps and press hurt companys in the wallet so raise a big stink. Do like I did. I bought stuff and made more than mimimum payments and in a year I had a low interest credit card and said good bye to there over priced crap. There good for one thing, getting your credit score out of the gutter. move on.

Mad in Bx Jan 08, 2014

To my surprise I got an alert from my credit monitoring account. Some crappy half ### company name fingerhut/webbank ran my credit without my permission and now I have another hard inquiry on my file. I am in the process of buying a house and these people
            are ruining my life. How do I prove that I did not authorize this invasion and get them off my report?

jack77777 Apr 03, 2013

I agree..i hate dealing with these foreign rodents

Fingerhutpoor consumer service

Fingerhut sells obsolete products at premium prices, has absolutely no way to cancel an order in the event that you change your mind or make an error, keeps you on hold for an unacceptable time frame and tries to rip you off at every corner.

The order
          I placed an order for a cell phone: htc hd7 windows phone. I mistakenly thought this was the newly released windows phone (Which I soon realized is the htc hd8 not hd7). I went ahead and ordered. Then as I viewed a review of the phone on youtube I realized that i'd purchased the hd7 from them not the hd8. The hd7 was released in 2010 and is obsolete as far as smart phones go. It is available at all other outlets for between $149 and $199 because it is an older model. When I realized the mistake (About 2 hours later) I sent an email requesting to cancel. This is when my problems began. Unlike most all other vendors, fingerhut does not cancel your order. They claim that they begin fulfilling it as you check out and therefore can't guarantee a cancellation. Almost every vendor I know begins filling orders upon checkout but as long as the order hasn't shipped they can cancel and fingerhut can too, but they refuse to. I received an email saying that they attempted to cancel my order. I called to confirm. I was on hold 45 minutes. A representative answered the phone and told me that it was indeed cancelled and that it would take 24 hours to process and receive my cancellation number and that I wouldn't be charged.

Surprise surpise
          After 24 hours I did not receive a confirmation of the cancellation so I sent another email. No one ever responded. After another 24 hours I sent another email, again no response. Then I receive an email saying that my package shipped. This was 2 days after I requested cancellation. I call again and tell the representative that this order was supposed to be canceled 2 days ago. The item shipped 48 hours after i'd requested cancellation and you're telling me that's not enough time to cancel an order? The representative kept telling me to try the 30-day-in-home-trial. No. This item was requested to be canceled and then you shipped it 48 hours later? The representative tells me he will send me a return shipping label. So now i'm supposed to pay to ship it back just because you refused to cancel? I cannot be the first or last person to place an order in error. I told him to forget the return shipping label I will track the package, stay home and refuse your garbage shipment.

Refused shipment
          I stayed home all day waiting on the ups man. They were not going to stick me with a package that I didn't want. Trying to sell me an obsolete phone for $379? If that's not a rip off then what is? The new version was released december 3rd and it is $369 so why would I pay $379 for a version from nearly 3 years ago (Its almost 2013 and the phone fingerhut is trying to pawn off is from 2010). The tracking label shows that I refused the shipment because I cancelled the order and it was sent in error. The phone was delivered to the vendor on december 7th as confirmed on the tracking information

Back to the phone
          I call back to find out what the next step is after refusing shipment. I was on hold for 45 minutes. That's completely and utterly unacceptable. We're talking about a 1.6 billion dollar company and they don't have enough agents to answer calls in a timely manner? What a joke. This company is despicable and i'd say pass on them no matter how desperate you are for credit. The agent tells me to wait 7 business days for the item to return and then I will be credited. It's been 12 days since the item arrived at the vendor and still no credit. I demanded that my account be closed immediately, however they are still charging me interest on a phone I don't have and still showing my outstanding balance as $379.99 instead of $0.00? On top of that — when you close your account they keep all your details active, they never delete your account!

Their loss
          I was a good customer. Never paid late. Never took out more credit than I needed. Only ordered one item at a time and paid it off. They even raised my limit from $200 to $500. The fact that you cannot cancel any orders made in error is ridiculous. They just want to stick you with their sub par obsolete premium priced crap so that you will either give in and keep it or they will charge you an outrageous re-stocking fee and shipping and handling fee. Never in my life have I ordered something from a merchant and they refuse to cancel it. Meanwhile, you are expected to pay on an item they refused to cancel and that you don't have in your possession while they take you through the ringer. They are trying to profit no matter what, whether its on re-stocking fees, interest on an item they refused to cancel or whatever. Their goal is to make it easy to order but difficult to receive any real service or assistance thereafter.

Demographics
          Fingerhut banks on the fact that their demographic are mostly consumers with damaged credit that are looking to rebuild. They trick you into thinking they are a good option and as long as you're ordering and paying on time they will play nice. The moment there's an issue with your order, forget it, you're on your own and its their opportunity to take advantage of any mistakes or errors you make. They are banking on you being incompetent and uneducated. I'm college educated and my credit score is 620, no perfect, but not terrible either. You've fugged (Purposeful spelling) with the wrong person fingerhut.

Take them down
          Wait until the shenanigans are over and cancel your accounts people. Hit them where it hurts, which is their bottom line. Don't give them your good business. They will no longer get mine. I will file complaints with the consumer affairs department of california. I am also a journalist for the los angeles times and plan to do an article on the poor service and illegal tactics that fingerhut uses to get your money and keep it, meanwhile keeping you on hold close to an hour and refusing to cancel your order, or acting like they "attempted" to cancel and couldn't. I'm going to interview other consumers. The los angeles times has circulation of just over 1 million. Take that fingerhut. I'm going to make sure you don't get more potential customers to torture from any time soon. I am also filing a complaint with the better business bureau and filing complaints on every single consumer web site in existence. I will spread word-of-mouth to all of my friends and family. I also run a very popular consumer blog and I will inform my readers of this. I get over 68, 000 page hits per month from all over the united states so this will help spread the word further since my los angeles times article will be local. I will also file complaints with the ftc and every consumer protection agency.

chelseacortes09 May 02, 2013

Did they ever credit it back to your account? I refused a mini fridge from them march 11th 2013 and it was then signed for as returned by the direct shipper on march 19th and still has not been credited to my account. They say they have not heard back from the direct shipper after making 4 requests. Now they are making me jump through hoops such as having to wait 10 more business days to receive a form i must fill out and return before they will do a full investigation. I have called then weekly since match 24th and still no where. It is now may 2nd 2013. The customer service reps are rude and ive caught themi lies on multiple occasions such as when they said they were going to put in a referral 3 times before and i call back and am told no suh referral was put in. They have no way as to contacting the people i need to speak to directly and thus can not transfer me to the department. So im stuck making these payments for a mini fridge that was returned and documented by fedex and they wont do anything to help me. I asked if i would be returned all payments/money once the item was finally found and was disconnected... Twice!!

Fingerhut/ Microwave Oven — adding charges without my consent

Finger-hut has got to be one of the biggest Scam Companies in America, I bought a Microwave Oven from...

Fingerhut.comdispute and civil account issues

"The Company lied about Delivery Service pick-ups with DHL and have collection agencies drafting and arranging money and bill payments for returned merchandise on my Policy agreement with my Fingerhut account not handled years and years later with customer service but they Company has yet to Guarantee customer Policy terms and conditions from a debt they have on my Credit Report I have disputed in 2012 and will continue until they fulfill all legal rights noted and applied for assistance."

Fingerhutoverall customer service

On Jan 3 I receive a letterfcromFingerhut informing me they were closing my Credit Account with a whopping line of creit of $400. Now rememberthey contacted me with offer of credit. I had place 4 orders which contained multiple products within each order. I received7 different product for promotional coed creits and shiupping and handing allowances. THE LAST TIME I CHECKED THAT WHAT PROMOTIONAL CODES ARE USED FOR. I almost forgot they send me a free hooded sweatshirt as comphensiontin. Frm the letter it stated the number of times that you hjave requested credit and other exceptions is greatly in excess of that which occurs with other customers and is no longer acceptable. Therefore we do not believe this relationship is mutually beneficial and we are notifyingb yourthat we are closing your Credit Account. As of that Jan 3 i could no long be allowed to place order using fingerhut credit card. You are still responsible paying the balance inf full. I was not satifieid with the orders I freceived and as a customer I have the right to any and every promition avalable!!! Of course I called their customer Headquarters and given the generl so sorry speech. I still had $40 of merchandise coupons to use and was told if I used my own credity card they would still accept the mercvhnadise coupons. Of course I tried several times with my other credit cards and when put in merchandised coupon was denied.
              I raised cain with customer service and called corporate headquarters and got no response. I received a letter from the same person who wrote in Jan which ruined my Christmas Holidays. This lettter dated March 27 informed me ath I was no longer allowed to contact any entity of Fingerhut via telephone due to excessive unnecessary contacts.I am no longer alloed to email Customer Service Departments. If I must contyact them to discuss issue about remaining balance must be done in writint ti address they require.The credited the $40 to my account they had just denied me using it. Thye now consider this matter closed and will not respond to any further communication received from me regarding the discount coupon, the business decision to close your account or the decision to block you from contacting Fingerhut via telephone or email. I am a retired NAvy vet of 20 years and when I wanted other items or questioned why I did not get a promotional credit I did finall get it after contacting their customer service via telphone and e-mail. I asked for my complaINT TO GO TO THE ceo AND RECEIVE A LETTER OF APOLOGY AND GOT THIS RUDE LETTER!!! And on the bottom of the letter is a sign of the BBB accredited Business! I would not recommend fingerut to anyone or ever shop their again!! I am stuck with some jewelery I wanted to send back!!! I would like to know who these high and mighty people think they are treatment of their customers andf lack of respect for me as a veteran!!!

Fingerhutscam

I've had a Fingerhut card for a year now. I bought a couple things and have been paying them off ever since. I recently noticed on my January bill that there's a charge for $29.95 from some insurance company. I tried to call Fingerhut but of course they have bankers hours it seems. So I called the number on the transaction charge that went directly to the "supposed" insurance company. I got a hold of an extremely rude man and when i told him these charges (which go back 6 months I found out) are fraudulent, he said that I gave them permission and they have it on recording. I said to hell I did! I never speak to phone salesman and I would never buy disability insurance from a damn credit card! He said they will pull a recording that says otherwise because they wont charge anyone without expressed permission. I said go ahead and pull the call because i guarantee you dont have one! When i said i want these charges reversed he said he can reverse the last charge but not any of the other 6, OR i could dispute it and if they find a recording that can prove i said okay to these charges i wont get any money back. Of course I said i dispute it! Beware of Fingerhut! They used to autodial me all the time trying to sell me crap and i would just hang up. I finally called them to let them know that if they dont stop calling me to buy crap im going to report them for harrassment. I guess they took that as I wanted to buy disability insurance!

• Ed
                    EdgarVon Jan 10, 2011

Fingerhut used to be a joke in our family because they lure in old people - in our case, our 80-something grandmother who spoke about 10 words of English - but her German was perfect. She thought they were a German company by the name.

My mother has now succumbed. She ordered me a present and the woman hit the order before asking her to confirm the shipping address, then said that there was no way to change it. Then, my parents paid an extra 20 bucks to fedEx it to me by Christmas.

It arrived broken.

Now, they won't give me a refund. They'll only credit back my father's account. Of course, they have to send me a label in the mail. No, they can't email the label. No, they can't issue me a check for the refund. And after they get the package back from me, they'll take up to 2 months to credit my parents. Meanwhile they can invest that cash for those two months, but aren't obligated to give us the interest they earn.

I am so furious I want the world to know this is the WORST company in America to do business with in 2011.

• Go
                    Goddess1 Dec 20, 2010

I bought one item from Halstead Jewelry company. I was billed through Fingherhut, and then they started sending items I didn't order. I returned three items, which they credited, but they charged me $6.98 shipping and then started tacking on exorbitant finance charges on top of that. When I called Fingerhut they said they could do nothing because they were just billing for Halstead. When I called Halstead, they claimed to have credited my account but I kept getting bills from Fingerhut. And many harrassing phone calls morning noon and night. After many called to customer service they claim to have finally settled the account. Fingerhut and Halstead are both ripoffs!

• Bi
                    BigBob3 Sep 21, 2010

Ordered a set of dishes from Fingerhut and when they arrived some were damaged. I contacted their so called customer service and was promised replacement pieces. That was 3 months ago and everytime I contact 'customer service' they either ignore me completely or tell me how sorry they are for any inconvience that this has caused and my replacement pieces are being shipped.It does absolutly no good to to contact them as they have the next thing to no customer service. The company even sent me a $20 gift check for being such a good customer. I sent it back and told them I would not be ordering any more from them. I have also filed complants against them with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's offices in my state and theirs. Nothing seems to motavate them to treat people with respect.

Fingerhutbad people

SmartA$$ customer service ..
                  After always making payments 2-3 times the minimum I was surprised to find a credit limit loss. I emailed them about a credit limit change (lowered) and the customer service rep that responded said ..
                  " We have responded to you request to close your account " LOL I didnt ask to close it but after reading ALL these complaints I am glad/lucky they did.
                  Thanks Guys ..

• Pk
                      p.khan Apr 22, 2013

sambhadit department meri help kare..
                      Our area old delhi jama masjid.
                      Gali godo wali haveli azam khan chitli qabar jama masjid delhi, 6
                      hamari gali ke kuch log nasha kar ke danga karte hen or un logo ne gali walu ka jina mushkil kar rakha he...

Credit Watchman/fingerhutI never approved this $69.99 charge

This charge appeared on my statement. I never approved such a charge. I would never pay $69.99 for it. I have my own from my bank at $12.99, why would I need another? I am so angry. I did a search on this and there were MANY similar complaints!!! I will take this to another level of investigation. My name is Donna Duffy. My telephone number and address are provided above. Thank you. I hope to get a response soon.

Fingerhutstay away

Poor choice of mine to make Christmas purchases for my husband with Fingerhut using the pre-auth'd credit limit they gave to me. I was making my payments as required. Only a couple months later I received a notification from Fingerhut stating that I was getting a credit increase. Fabulous, I thought, because it would improve my credit rating -- or so I thought! Turns out, the additional $200 credit increase is something I'm having to pay off, even though it's not a purchase?!?!?! Does it make ANY SENSE that I am required to PAY UP to my new credit limit? From what I can tell from my statements, I have paid off my purchases, and yet Fingerhut wants me to continue making payments on an increased credit limit amount that I did not request! I have since closed my account; I am DONE with Fingerhut!!

Fingerhut — overpricing

I checked out the guitars that Fingerhut sells. If you notice, they never include the model number. A program...

Fingerhut — harassment

I have an account with them and I was recently laid off. I am fully aware they are allowed to call on an open...

Fingerhut — customer service/shipping

On April 9, 2011 I ordered an 18" grill that I have not been able to find elsewhere from Fingerhut. I did...

Fingerhut.comconstant calling

This company constantly calls my home number looking for a person I have told each operator who does not live here. I wouldn't mind problem is the phone calls are always between 6am-9am and I work shift work. y phone number is on the "do not call list" a whole lot of good that does. There excuse why they always call is that my number is listed under an automatic dialer system. Well I really don't care whether it is manually or auto dialed take my number off your list. This morning they called at 8.13am woke me up as I just got home from work I waited through the automatic message system to finish to speak with a operator..."Urgh hullo is Jamal there" there is no Jamal here "click" she hung up on me. I call back and ask to speak to a supervisor because I am sick of the last 6 months every other day of this. Apparently I am being put through to a supervisor "click" hung up again...are you kidding me! I call back this time I am told it's the automatic dialer and a request will be put through to that department to have my number removed, didn't get any apology. Really is it? Is it really going to be removed? Because no Jamal lives here and my number is on the "do not calling list" 1 more call from them and I am pushing legal action. I should not have to change my phone number or account because of 1 company that are too lazy or "don't care" attitude to remove my number btw I am not turning off my phone I have kids, and why should I have to.