Fast Floorsbeware

O

I ordered wood flooring from Fast Floors. while the salesperson was very helpful, the customer service stopped there. When my flooring contractor started to lay the floor he noriced that each box was an assorted mix of boards that were cupped and the random lengths were more than random. There are normally 4 differant random sizes. With this shipment there were so many differant lenghts, that you could not even duplicate the same length with many of the sizes. We installed the flooring in one of the rooms and my contracter refused to install it in the other rooms cause the material was so cupped and he said it was like they packaged all their retrn or seconds and shipped them to me. I filed a claim with Fast Floors to replace the 8 boxes of bad wood that I ahve left. After 2 months they said the manufaxture denied the claim saying it is within their normal spec. How can obviously cupped boards be within the manufactures specs. Give me a break. I really doubt they even sent the board samples to the manufacture. Then to top it all off, I sent in my rebate form, invoice and delivery receipt. on Sept. 6th. It had to be postmarked by Sept. 30th. On Dec. 1 I had not recd. any word from Fast Floors regarding my rebate. So when I inquired they said they recd. the rebate form but not the delivery receipt or invoice. This is a complete lie. everything was mailed together. If it was separated, it was on their end. I then emailed then a copy of the forms they calimed to be missing and was told it was too late, that it had to be postmarked by Sept. 30th. Which it originally was. Bottom line is that at this point I have recd. nothing but the run around. Defective material that they do not stand behind and no rebate as promised. I ahve emailed repeatedly to speak with a supervisor and cannot get ahold of anyone. I believe this company to be a complete faud. BEWARE!

• Tc
    tcff Apr 04, 2009

When you purchase a "random length" wood floor it will always be just that meaning the lengths will be all random, none uniform and that is the intended look. This might be an issue for an installer that does not have experience with random length floors. Additionally cupping refers to floors that have been installed and subject to very high humidity. When this occurs the edges of the boards are high and the center low forming a cupped look. This happens after installation. Your boards were slightly bowed which is perfectly normal for the type of flooring you purchased. As with other claims we’ve seen over the last 29 years, this is a case of the installer not having the experience or the desire to install the product you purchased.