Menu

EyeMart Express review: Eye glasses - - lenses

S
Author of the complaint
10:51 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a pair of glasses from EyeMart Express and within second year, the lenses started cracking.

I am a grandmother and I've been wearing glasses since I was 8 years old. I know how to take care of my glasses and I'm not hard on them.

I have limited financial resources and was hoping they would just replace the lens. Guess again.

They said that these new types of lenses "crack rather than shatter." What? That's an odd statement. They would not replace the one lens, so I had to just live with it.

Time went by, now there were two cracks on the left lens, two appeared on the right lens, and a couple of chips on the upper left lens

I called to see how much it would cost to replace the lenses and keep frames. I was quoted $75. Still had to wait till I had $75 extra to do this.

Next time I called it's now $100. And now they tell me it's my fault because I use "glass cleaner" on them. She said, "These lenses are not glass, you cannot use glass cleaner."

Soooooo. I'm supposed to believe that glass cleaner is so strong that it causes these lenses to crack and chip? Excuse me!

She also inferred that it had been so long since I bought them... Again, excuse me? I have old glasses lying around my house from 10 years ago and they none of them have chipped or cracked.

At no point did they even suggest that perhaps they had done something wrong. It was all my fault.

I am taking that $100 that they want to replace these lenses and going to another store.

I will NEVER buy from EyeMart again.

More EyeMart Express complaints & reviews

EyeMart Express - defective eye glasses
EyeMart Express - bait and switch
EyeMart Express - employee
EyeMart Express - poor service & dishonesty
EyeMart Express - service
EyeMart Express - Glasses broke and extra fee
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
EyeMart Express - pretty much everything.
0 comments