ExploreTalent.comNightmare

I feel really stupid now after reading another report about Exploretalent.com. I had signed up on a free membership a while back and in late January/early February received an email saying that a casting director was interested in me. When looking to see what it was, it turned out to be for a local hair show and it paid $100. I was really excited about the audition and I looked up the company and they were legit. When I had called Explore Talent to get the information, they looked on my page and said, 'oh you're not a pro-member, I can't give you that information unless you sign up as a pro-member.' I asked how much it was and they had said something around $33 a month or I can get a 'deal' and pay around $70-75 for three months and that I'd have more of a chance getting more work with a longer period of time. I thought it was kind of weird that I had to pay to get information and told him I'd have to call back because my funds were low so I'd have to ask my boyfriend if he can spot me the money. He then said 'you have to ask your boyfriend?' So I then told him yeah and explained again because I had no money at the time. My boyfriend said to save money I should do the three month thing and when I had called back, the guy took my information and 'set up' my pro-membership and started giving me all these compliments like 'you have some pretty pictures' and even told me once that 'did you know you have other casting directors interested in you too?' I thought he meant I had others who had sent me emails that I hadn't gotten or something. So this made me even more excited. Well I didn't end up modeling for the one company that emailed their interest to me, but did model for another one I met at the show anyway. When I was looking at my 'pro-member' casting page, I saw that they had these pretty 'generic' casting that you would find in a newspaper or on a theater website or something. Another thing I found odd and I didn't appreciate was that the 'booking department' would 'submit' me for these roles that I didn't even fit! One that I remember was for an MTV True-Life that wanted lesbians and another MTV True-Life that wanted people going off to war or coming home from war. First of all, I see these castings already on the MTV.com website. Second of all, I'm not a lesbian and I haven't been to war nor come home from any kind of war so I was wondering 'why am I being submitted for these?' I felt mad because I didn't know before reading the other response to this rip-off that they don't actually submit anything to anyone. I was thinking that they were submitting me to these and that I would be getting calls or emails or something and have to explain that no I don't actually fit their criteria they want. Another thing I didn't like was that they had me list three cities that I prefer working in. I live in the Midwest and had locations such as Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota. I was getting casting calls for New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan, etc. I feel totally ripped off and wish I would've just turned down the offer to become a 'pro-member' so that I could get that audition information. I hope that something gets done about it like a class-action lawsuit or somebody puts their foot down that has a powerful say in the matter because Explore Talent don't care about their 'models' and just worry about how much money they can rake in.

• Cy
    CyberGoddess Jul 03, 2016

I've never sought out acting or modeling gigs. Ever. I'm a computer nerd - a very security conscious type, too, who was not born yesterday - not an actor. I'm not even on social media save for a Twitter account I use largely as a news feed, using no personal face photos or other easily identifiable information in either profile or feed. I hate Facebook and would never use them for a personal profile. Ever. They are just as evil as Google.

I guard my personal information like it was solid platinum and rare diamonds. Still, SOMEHOW these clowns - Explore Talent - got my very closely guarded second cell phone number that I do not give out for anything other than beyond-a-doubt legitimate business. "Tiffany" from [protected] left a message on this line that she was "following up on my interest in acting and modeling opportunities". Again, this is an "interest" I have never had nor expressed. Perhaps they have this number from a previous assignee. But my gut instinct is that my NOT BEING AN ACTOR OR MODEL along with my online research convinces me this is just an elaborate scam designed to aggregate personal information and basically steal money from the gullible. Imagine people from the Internet not being honest. :-/

DON'T FALL FOR IT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU REALLY ARE SOMEONE LOOKING FOR ACTING AND/OR MODELING OPPORTUNITIES. THIS IS NOT THE BEHAVIOR OF A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS! DO NOT PAY TO WORK!!!

Always do your due diligence, lest ###s like these make off with your money and your identity.

Viva Lost Wages, if you don't look out!

Peace.

• Mo
    Monique Brisson Feb 04, 2016

Great Article. suggestions - I am thankful for the details . Does someone know if my company can get a fillable a form form to type on ?

john cock 123 Apr 04, 2015

name of the office in cebu...universal tech...google it if you like. rip off...i was once an agent for them for 2 weeks...couldnt stand the scam.

john cock 123 Apr 04, 2015

its such a big scam.. 2 offices one in las vegas on in cebu philippines...ceo and flyer attached ...name of ceo mikhael cook

john cock 123 Apr 04, 2015

Its a call center run in Cebu Philippines...Led by a CEO named Mikhael Cook...They have 2 offices, one in las vegas nevada and another in Cebu Philipines...the name of the call center is universal Tech.

as i mentioned before ...what a big scam.
    Google the company yourself...attached are pics of Mikhael and the company flyer.

• Ne
    Neisha - Grice Entertainment Productions Aug 26, 2014

I AM a Casting Director
    I have used Explore Talent numerous years to recruit my talent and I ALWAYS turn out satisfied with the talent.

Regarding THIS particular complaint, there really doesn't seem to be any MERIT in the NATURE of her complaint. Maybe I missed something in her complaint but that what I DID read, made me think she actually DID get what Explore Talent offers - she was given an offer from a company (just not the company E.P told her about) and as a director, maybe once she appeared in person (if that were the case) she just wasn't what the company was looking for.

This is the status of being an ASPIRING talent. You WILL GO THROUGH the status!
    You will get called to an audition if your profile meets the initial criteria and there is a chance you could make it in front of the casting agent or the director and you're just not what they expected. In my casting I've had some who aren't what they were in their profile - sometimes they're BETTER than expected and sometimes their in person appearance just isn't enough.

Like one of the responses said, AS THE ASPIRING TALENT YOU MUST PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE AND NETWORK.

If you don't put in the work, don't expect Explore Talent to do all the work for you!

• Hu
    Huntergatherer Aug 01, 2014

Having been in the entertainment business at one level or another all of my life, I am familiar with this scam. One of the posters made a very good comment. Never, Never pay an agency to book you etc.

• Mo
    Monroe15 Jul 17, 2013

im against exploretalent there was a child predator on their and young girls were falling victim to him and i called and told them and they said we do not interfere with are talents. Later i was bullied by a fifty something woman and she reported me and i woke up to see my page and hard work gone. Waste of time. I was trying to be a good person and in this business theirs anough bullying and hate to go around that you have to put up with, without it being where im trying to get help. Quite honestly the traditional meet an agent in person is the only 100% way to get better life long results. Explore talent operates on time for money. If you think about it look honestly at the talent on there you can tell that anyone can be on their, meaning anyone and everyone will be given " casting oppurtunities", not because they have an actual chance but to keep you on there website. They had nothing against me to take down a 15 year olds profile because a fifty year old woman became intimidated by a younger girl because how quick i recieved votes in there little contests and stuff, and oppurtunities. Total crap i could have been spending my time hanging out with friends like people my age should but no i wanted to better my career but thankyou explore talent for all the awesome things you have to offer, whatever, Ok someone not right for a part and not talented can be "submitted" to a transformer audition, Now lets think dont you think that for such big auditions they already have in mind people already famous for the parts. Big movies get big actors, to make Big money because when you see you favorite actor in a movie you want to see it. Explore talent is glorified craigslist. At least craiglist knows theirs few morals but exploretalent llike to put out that their the most respected online talent site. RESPECTED SCAM.. Also if paying a company for your talent is seen as the number one sign of a Scam what makes you think that sign is different online... i apoligise for spelling and grammatical errors my keyboard isnt working correctly sorry.

MajorComplainer2013 Jul 12, 2013

MASSIVE SCAM
    they call u 24/7 & harass you to give them $70

• Gr
    Griffin Allen Jun 16, 2013

Explore Talent lifted the text right from my CraigsList ad, put it on their website, then responded to my ad to say that they can help me fill the singing role I'm advertising for. I didn't even bother replying to them. So wonder what they'll do if someone on their site responds to "my" ad? It does sound like they are not totally legit, but you don't need to pay anything to read Craigslist and respond. I don't see the complaints out there about the legit agencies, nor do I see posts from those companies scrambling to counter public opinion like they have here. I didn't get scammed and I haven't lost a cent...just want to make people know about how they were trying to work my ad (I'm advertising for a singer for a band and I guess they thought I was someone important). Beware folks...lots of slick packaging and not enough law enforcement against it!

• Tu
    Tuga Sep 14, 2012

i got to admit that also i have not work for them but i got a call as well and they said i'm gorgeous to be a model and they don't understand why i'm not one yet and tried to get money from me they almost got me untill they ask for money that's when i hanged up the call...

• Wo
    words to the wise Sep 14, 2012

Legally the only person that can take money from you is a talent agency that you become contractually bound with. Casting directors go through agents to avoid any legal hassle that could arise from using non-union (non-SAG) members. This places the burden upon your agent to ensure that all parties are represented correctly and all interests be considered before an offer is made to a non-union member. Anyone that solicits money for any casting is in direct violation of applicable laws per state but are hard to prosecute since these are third party entities and you act in the capacity of self representation when you are dispatched to an audition.

• Ge
    getjustice911 Aug 03, 2012

I agree with the complaints, sadly. I tried calling them back several times to cancel the pro-membership. I cancelled my credit card as well so they won't take any more money out. They haven't returned my calls or e-mailed me back once. Their customer service just takes me to voicemail during regular business hours. This is totally a scam!

• Ta
    TaniaT Jul 28, 2012

wow so i lost $200 buck with this company! damn they call me too and told me the same ### that have told u guys and i was so stupid that paid the $200 dollars that they ask me to to go Pro, member! f*** can believe this ### :/

• Jk
    jksmiles0320 Jun 21, 2012

I too was curious about this company. Never being one to be fooled by scams, I did kind of wonder how they got my number and address, and sometimes I look at sites like these when I am bored so I was curious, thinking maybe I did sign up for something at one point. During the conversation, the rep on the phone kept complimenting me and tried to get information about my physical appearance and if I had younger kids or siblings (I assume to poach them as well). Then he wouldn't shut up, like someone trying to hard. Lastly, he told me that this movie was starring ben affleck and was not being filmed in Cleveland, my major city, but my small town. So an alarm went off in my head. First thing I did was run home to check out Ben Affleck on IMDB and see if he was indeed filming a movie with Jessica alba like this man said. He in fact was not. I then checked the greater Cleveland film commission, which gives details on all filming or industry news in Cleveland and the surrounding cities and there was nothing listing this movie. So my words of advice are, trap them. Ask so many questions that the person on the phone just can't answer them any more. No one calls people up randomly for extras because everyone wants to be a star, so casting calls are never begging for more people, especially in a small city where a filming of any kind would garner big attention. Just trust your gut and never, ever give out your account information over the phone to anyone. Always ask for something to come in the physical mail. If they want you, they will comply.

• Qu
    Queen24 Feb 07, 2012

PLEASE EVERYONE WHO HAS FALLEN FOR THIS TRICK, get back to me!! I'm putting together a case, but I need YOUR help. This is a great start, but I need more! Thank you!

• Qu
    Queen24 Feb 07, 2012

I would like for everyone who has had a problem with this company to get back to me. I'm putting together a case against them but I need YOUR help. This is a great start though, good work!

• To
    tonymirra Jan 31, 2012

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

they lie about number of casting calls they offer, I have counted
    they send expired casting notifications via email..

• Kn
    knowyoutoowell Nov 30, 2011

Explore talent has been using the same model as these other companies that you have heard of in your area, Barbizon, John Casablnaca, John Robert Powers, and those scouting services that come to your local mall. They just do it in a more 21st century way via the Internet. But they all do the same thing. They prey on the uninformed, the fame seekers, and the stage moms. Pretty much they all say the same thing, " Wow, has anyone told you that you can be a model?" or if you are not tall enough "You look like you can be a movie star." All they try to do is feed your ego, get you vulnerable, then fast talk you into trying to sign-up for a membership. Back in the 90's to early 2000's this was a common thing with these talent scouts that patrol high traffic areas such as malls, and downtown. As a matter of fact I am sure there are still those approaches going on now. I'm sure every few to 6 months you hear the radio about talent scouts coming to your mall. Explore talent works the same way. They will get you to sign up for bogus stuff, then tell you that you will need to pay more for other features on their websites. Unfortunately these companies having been doing this for years, and the money they rake in is so much that they know that even with bad reviews that they will still make money. Even if they go through a lawsuit they will settle and still scam more people. So i just implore to everyone do your research prior to signing up. If you used a credit card, you can dispute it. But overall, if you used your debit card, more than likely you have lost that money. Horrible way to learn about the business, but in all industries, there are legit companies, and there are scam companies. Good luck.

• Si
    Siliday Nov 24, 2011

We called the better business burrow and asked if this site is real. It's not real!

• Ki
    KissOff Apr 30, 2011

1. The entertainment industry DOES take hard work and dedication.
    2. Agents/Talent Agencies do NOT make money by hitting up their talent for a fee, they make money when talent is booked and gives them 10-20% of the pay as agreed upon in a signed contract between the talent and said Agent or Agency.
    3. ANY business and/or individual that performs UNAUTHORIZED transactions to or from a bank account is a scam.

If I only killed 30% of the people I met, by a good deal of the theories being presented by people in support of this group, I would not be a murderer.

Any percentage of people using this website who are not scammed out of their hard-earned money does not dismiss the people that have been.

I am VERY happy I found this review after just having received a voice-mail from "Explore Talent; Hollywood" today (Oddly enough, from a number based in Clark County, Las Vegas, NV... like I wouldn't note the area code?) I'll be sure to inform them where they can shove their membership.
    THANK YOU!!!

• Er
    Eric3333 Apr 19, 2011

I will give you some information, one of the owners of this business is Ami Shafrir, he and his ex wife (Sarit Shafrir) were involved in very shady business, where there is shady business there is shady people as well..., at some point they got into trouble, then was born the great story of the great fraud stolen Them $ 40 million, two crooks (Sarit and Ami) met two crooks (brothers Neishary) because they too big crooks, in all this turmoil, Sarit wanted to get money from Ami...bcz she was ###ed with one of the brothers...well all become a big ### and the brothers facked Ami and Sarit both... :)) well this is the shady business...and you can read about it ...one need some more information and assemble the puzzle...
    now...Ami shafrir is a wise man, Very Intilgante, but!!! he is a big crook, very big crook, he was a crook befor(25 years ago)and he is a crook now, He has a way to recycle himself, he always keeps himself behind the scenes, he always sell you something not worth anything, and always feel like you're buying gold, that his talent.
    his ex wife sarit...well she is even more talented, she is clever.She always knows which side to choose, she can seduce you quickly, she will use every way of seduction...
    No need to add words, these are dangerous people, it is very important to be careful, because they really are dangerous people who can do very dangerous things, so be carefil.

• Yb
    Ybori Mar 25, 2011

Market yourself, go on Youtube(upload videos), go on FaceBook, go on Modelmayhem.com and make an account for free, stop trying to get famous easy, it will not happen. Marketing yourself is a great way to get expore, met new people and really get some work done. I have tried and think i created a free account on ExploreTalent.com, they still send me casting, and once i get those casting i google it and /or do my research to try to land on that casting without having to call the site or upgrading to a pro-membership. Everyone that wants to make it in the showbiz, just creat a portfolio of whatever your trying to do( Musician, Actor, Model etc...) and do some research and send you portfolio via mail, email and if you get lucky in person. STOP TRYING TO LOOK FOR A EASY WAY IN...! Good Luck!!!

• It
    i*tell*the*truth123 Feb 26, 2011

Okay. Well I read most of these reviews and I am skeptical. I know for sure Explore Talent is a fraud, but I'm just scared. Because I was filling out their cool-looking account maker, then exited off the web page and didn't finish it. I didn't know that they had already made me an account, and I wanted to cancel my profile ASAP. When I clicked on the "Cancel Membership" button, this is what popped up:
    "Dear Nicki, you are not being charged and you
    will never be asked for money for your free account.
    Therefore, there is no need to cancel, your account will be Free Forever,
    and you can for as long as you want, enjoy for free the many benefits of a free member."
    The reason I'm a little scared is just that I'm hearing a bunch of people saying that after their 7 day trial, they start to get charged with money. Do I have 7 days? If they say it's free forever, should I trust them with that? I just want to delete the WHOLE account so I don't have to worry. Any help?

Mandy0009 Jan 31, 2011

I have a strong feeling THAT THE PEOPLE HERE WHO COMMENTED GOOD THINGS ABOUT EXPLORE TALENT is just one person using multiple names and were either working for Explore Talent or paid by them. Why on earth would you go to great lakes to write something good about exploretalent.com on a website about complaints against these [censor]? Why would you oppose the bad experiences of the people who were victimized by these website? Victims who were way overcharged and obtained overdraft fees and had most of their paycheck taken away from them for nothing. Any human being reading those complaints would be upset and compassionate with these people. Or maybe you are just plain stupid! I had a couple of friends who were a victim of Explore Talent as well. One of them had to pay fees to her bank just to cancel the monthly automatic withdrawal of Explore Talent to her bank account. I hope anyone who is planning on getting a "pro membership" from them would think twice and I hope the victims of this scam corrupted website would file a class action lawsuit so that they can't victimize anybody in the future..

TO JOSEPH MONROE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE USEFUL INFORMATION YOU POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE ABOUT EXPLORE TALENT.

• 87
    876773 Dec 28, 2010

I agree with the complains. I recieved several calls from that company exploretalents.com and one time i talked to a guy who seem to be Indian, he had a an accent. All he kept doing was asking me " how would you like to pay?" He didnt even give me a chance to ask a couple questions. I was new and only tried the free profile they offer. I then told him, i would have to ask my boyfriend first. he then went off yelling at me, as if he was cursing at me. he was like " is it ur boyfriend who wants to be successful or you? and just alot of comments i found very rude. It was as if he wasacting like my father, he then cursed me out, telling me how he wasted his time, almost sound like a telemarketer. I was so shocked outta my mind! he then hung up, so from the start of the conversation to the end, i didnt even say much, i had no chance to...WOW! thats all i cud say. All they wanted was my account #, the number on my card. geeszz let me ask some questions please, but no..I THINK they are a SCAM!

• Re
    ReggThorston Nov 25, 2010

There is no EASY road. Unless it's an agent you aren't going to talk to anyone who can really help you. If you live in LA grab a copy of all the local rags...this is about work and paying these crooks $70 to look through the want ads is ridiculous. To all the people that said, "well you paid for a service", very true, unfortunately when you as the provider have no intention of providing the service it is fraud. You can be certain Mr. Shafrir knows the ropes. Just like finding any other job, you can't wait for someone to GIVE it to you, if you want it bad enough, hit the bricks. It's not easy, but well worth the effort.

• Br
    BruceKonev Nov 18, 2010

• El
    Ellen Webb Nov 16, 2010

I had an incoming call from a weird number so i picked up and the person said my full name and i hung up. And then they tried calling me back again but i let it go to voicemail. I just listened to the voicemail 30 min ago and it was some guy named Lemar calling for me and to call him back with his extension. I called back but he was not in his office but i talked to the receptionist and she told me a little about it that they were a worldwide company. I said oh well I'm not even from those states and she said that it was worldwide so it didnt matter, but she also did say this guy would be calling me back. But after reading all these comments about ExploreTalent...I feel like i got TOO excited for nothing, for just a scam.. So now i feel like an idiot. Does anybody know legit sites to sign up for modeling etc.? I got asked to be in a calendar shoot but i wasn't able to make it but i think i would have potential. I am also 19 years old.

• Ji
    Jimmy1123 Aug 30, 2010

Well Well. I applied to explore talent like 5 months ago just because I wanted to wing it and see how it would go. Then I forgot about it, and 5 months later they called me and complemented me and all the same BS. Funny thing is, I believed it. But as soon as he mentioned the fee...I was on the phone with him at the time, and I immediately searched for a review of them, and I didn't find what I liked, hence forth, why I'm typing this right now. So I told him, I would call him back, and he said " Ok that's fine, I'll wait on the line", So that was more suspicious, and I told him a second time I would call him back, he responded, "is there a particular reason?", I played it smart and told him I couldn't find my credit card and needed to call him back but he was still persistent and said he would wait, so I told him, in a more serious tone, "I will call you back". He finally let me go but not before he made sure I had his number. Sooooo, when I hung up, I placed him on my block list xD. 5 minutes later, I got a voice message. I wonder who its from? :)

• Yi
    ying_ying Aug 11, 2010

summers4
    if you are really work for a compnay but after you dimission but you talk about the bad words to the compnay which you work for in used . then you lost your respect to yourself too...remember, you work for them before! you take your income from them! you lost a human nature. if i were your new boss and i will fire you at once, no one can stand the kind people like you ! that just could hurt the copmany, and remember, one compnay not only boss can get money, all the people who work for this compnay all get money from this company too, they need to subsistence to their family or their samll children, so you are fire if i were you new boss .
    i am Chinese, and manage the trad compnay for my boss, if my underling all like you and i can say... all of them i already let them go home !
    and all the complain people in here for a compnay and i hope before they complain and need to do 2 things before go to complain others . 1st. before you give your money out and need to sure why you need to pay out the money, if you pay out and the largest what you can gain and the largest what you will lost, thinking it well before you action to pay money out, dont do act the stupid like fool after you pay money but can not gain what you want back. you should know youreslf well before to do anything, 2. before you complain anyone and you should know well youself if your complain really come into existence, your complain maybe will let the an innocent person into the trouble condition even maybe lost their life if you done the compain not real .

why i be here ? why i saying this in here? as i told above, i am chinese, i go on net to get the info. from over the net and get well more knowledge to work well the compnay where i work for, and the complain is the good way let me know more about the people thoughts . but today i just waste one morning to be there to read the compain about a compnay . then i check this company's web too, i found they already statement well to everyone whom want to be the members there, they seems just give a chance to the people to find more chance to get what they want, but not promised anyone they must let anyone get what they want . see...this compnay write so clear in there, why they complains not saw them before the go to anywhere to complains? just act like a fool .

today's china if all the people like the complain in here, i can say our life maybe just saty in 5000 years ago, like primitive communes ... goog luck our chinese ...our know well whom we are, we can account what we can get or not get before to do a thing or talk too... now i understand why our china can be so strong today in world!

tell the true, i really look down to those people who just no pay but can get what the largest want in their mind!

our china have a old word mean, no pay no gain, , , hope anyone who want to complains a thing or people and have better to sure what you compains is a reasonable .

too poor those people whom complains like that way!

too poor that compnay have to fact thouse fool complains and get F rate by those fool complains!

good luck i live in china and work in china, and dont need to face thouse stupid things each day. i am good luck i have good employee work for me, good luck i have unite with all forces that can be united team, good luck i have good employee still stick up for my work even the leave my team. if there are have member like summers4 i would rather go to hell not hire the people like summers4 .

• Su
    summers4 Aug 03, 2010

i used to work there all the complaints are true.

• Su
    summers4 Aug 03, 2010

I used to work for explore talent. and all i can say is david your wrong.

• Kl
    Klestekoff Jul 15, 2010

It appears that employees at Explore Talent have a remarkable amount of time to spend on many, many blogs and websites posting long messages that attempt to rebuke posts citing their bad and fraudulent practices. Need I say more? Or is it they have a lot of time because they are wealthy now. Again, need I say more? Legit casting companies will take a percentage. They will not charge upfront. Ever. Be sure to read Explore Talent's response to me connect the dots. I am sure it will follow...BTW: I am an actor, and not unknown. Stay away from them. (Now read Explore Talent's response attempting to discredit me).

• Li
    Liza_Carlson May 31, 2010

Amazing. First of all, many of the people on this site who use phrases like "they look my money" when its usually followed by "... they said it was free...".

Let us take a step back. If it was free ... like hotmail, Gmail, or Craigslist ... they would never need you to enter credit/debit card information. Usually, when something says, Free Trial or Try It for Free; it means just that, you can try it out for free. What do you think happens after the "trial period" is over? You get charged for something. You can't expect a free trial to be free forever.

They didn't take your money; you paid them for a service. Now, whether or not you allowed yourself to get caught up in the emotional "what if's" and forgot/declined to listen to/read the terms of said agreement ... well then that's your fault/lack of attention/sheer stupidity.

And finally, many people on this site say words like "scam" "fraud" "cheat" when you really have no idea what goes into the websites/companies you're talking about. Nothing is free. There is a cost to everything. Regardless of how/where they get their information - they pool it all together in one neat resource. Sure you can look all over the internet yourself, or you can pay someone else to compile it all on your behalf. The information may be free and readily available ... but you're not paying for the information, your paying for the service of someone else finding it all for you.

Its not a scam if you don't pay attention. Its not fraud because you had unrealistic expectations. Your not being cheated just because you didn't get EXACTLY what you wanted. And to be really honest, many of the people on sites like [redacted] & complaintsBoard expect the world for a few $$$.

And What is wrong with making money? Do you think that Bill Gates would have declined going to grad school if he didn't think he was going to get paid? No. Business are here for one reason:

To seperate you from your money. That's it.

To go about doing that, they usually provide a product or service. They want to keep customers happy because it allows them to continue to operate, thus bringing in more money. Business are not here as a social service to the people they serve. So when someone says, "they just want your money" they're 100% correct. They may be nice about it but that is the ultimate goal of any company; and because your broke, uneducated @ss is jealous of others' success, you trample on the motivation of money.

The US is not a socialist Society. We base things off of capitalism. Businesses are here to make the owners rich, the investors a dividend, and supply jobs to people who complain on these boards. That is their only obligation. They follow a code of ethics, only to stay in business, not to be "right" "fair" "honest"; those are bi-products of their want/need to say in business.

I've digressed from the original post. I will close with this:

Yes, they want your money; but so do I and so does everyone else, wake up and join reality ... its really great down here. So when you decide to leave your bloated, self-entitled, victim of the world attitude back in never-never land (or as most of the smart ones call it; your imagination), you will realize that you get whats coming to you. You need to read things before you hand over financial information. Understand what you are paying for. Learn common sense or find a friend who has some and spend more time with them. LISTEN, don't just wait for your turn to talk. LISTEN, because when your daydreaming or formulating your response, you're probably missing one of those details that you're going to later claim they didn't tell you ... a la (bait & switch, fraud, scam, cheated me).

And to the lady who was asking if someone thought you were stupid, with a low IQ ... most people are, 90% of the people who post on here are, and without people like you ... well these sites wouldn't exist because us smart people cruise these sites for a lunch-time laugh at your expense.

• Ae
    aero32 May 17, 2010

Ami Shafrir and Ben Navon are two of the biggest slime balls in human history, they have no compassion for their talents or their own employees... Not Only are they using explore talent as a front to fund their other "operations", but he also runs hundreds of scams all over the world. I personally know some people that worked there, and its nothing but horror stories! They just shut down the L.A. Office "On the Run" from lawsuits and the feds and fired every single person that was working for them! If you do your research you will find that the original owner actually raped a 14 year old girl and is in Jail right now! When Ami took over the company he actually put a guy from the Mafia in jail, and put him on the line for a credit card fraud they had going on before that! He sued him for over $40, 000, 000... Also Ami is under investigation for child molestation and bank fraud, over the last couple years they have stole over $100, 000 illegally from YOU. If you give them any information, let alone a credit card number, you are another one of their victims! I suggest to sue sue sue sue!! Get your money back! Their auditions are 90% Fake, if you actually look up some of the projects, most of the information is all false if you do get work you can get the same ad on craigslist! They have no idea how the entertainment industry really works and is victimizing America! They want to take advantage and steal money without giving you anything back! They need to be Deported, or better yet locked away in Jail! THEY ARE FAKE!!

• Na
    naomiw01 Mar 28, 2010

After reading all the complaints online I am astonished that exploretalent.com is still business. I should have read all those complaints before because I to have fallen for this scam. I canceled three months ago and am still being charged with out my permission, so I called my bank and filed a complaint against these scammers. I went online and sarted doing google searchs and found a bunch of stuff about them like that they own hundreds of websites to try to confuse people into thinking it's another company so they can scam the same person multiple times.

I even found out that thecutekid.com is also owned by the same scammers. I found one of the owners his name is Ami Shafrir and he has quite a reputation if you just search for Ami Shafrir scam. What really bothers me is that there are complaints dating back years and no one has done anything to stop this guy! Isn't this America where the rule of law is observed! I feel like I am n the twilight zone, you have a proven scam, tens of thousands of victims, going on for years, no law enforcement or media effort to stop it!

I am getting my money back because this clearly a scam and I called my bank about and if you have been scammed you should to! I am so angry at myself for falling for such bs, I should of known! Well next time I will know better. Hopefully my story is helps others avoid my fate. God Bless

• Gy
    gypsybluedog Mar 05, 2010

Stay away from this place!

The only phone call from this place was them trying to pitch their services! They called while I was on the air, to grill me about why I'd not paid, I told him it was not a good time to talk and I'd have to talk later.

They called back with a snotty message, saying I'd never make it anywhere if I "hang up" on agents, and too bad, because I'd lost a Disney casting they'd now have to pass on to someone else (cough "bullsh*t" into your hands at this point), and they deleted my account.

Thanks goodness I got out before getting in too deep!

Friends don't let friends sign up for exploretalent.com!

• Gy
    gypsybluedog Mar 05, 2010

Stay away from this place!

I signed on thinking after my profile was complete, I could try their 7 day free offer. When it asked if I wanted to activate it, I clicked "no, " because I wanted time to set up my profile first. I did so, they called me today pressuring me to pay for their service now. I was actually on the air when they called, I told him I thought I hadn't activated my service yet and he said I had and now it was time to pay. I had a live break coming up, told him it wasn't a good time to talk and hung up. He called back saying it was too bad I'd "hung up" on one of their representatives, because they were going to offer me a voice job from Disney. (Cough "bullsh*t" into your hand at this point.) The snotty message told me to have good luck in my radio career and to never in the future hang up on an agent again if I want to get anywhere, they deleted my account. Now that I've researched the company more, I'm glad to have gotten out when I did!

Friends don't let friends join exploretalent.com!

• Hi
    Him Feb 27, 2010

Just got off the phone with an agent that said to "Run as fast as possible from this site". And if you possess any talent, go to an agent and get involved with them. THEY... do not get money until you get paid... the way it's supposed to be. Unlike some of the postings previous to mine stating otherwise!!!