ETourandTravelScam charges

Z

I just got off the phone with etour as they were calling me about their fabulous $119.00 flat rate Orlando and Daytonia package. I am Canadian and a little sun sounds good just about now. I listened to the young girls pitch and she was very sweet. I asked if it was Time Share and was told no, it was Vacation Ownership. (Ha, ha, I've sat through a time share pitch in Cancun before) So I had the basics of the pitch at this point but I just don't jump all over strange deals and give out my credit card number!!! When I said I wasn't willing to make a decision right now she asked me to hold the line and a guy came on the phone.

Well, this is where the conversation went south. He had this tone about him asking me if I had ever heard of Sheraton...and when I said I wanted to discuss it with someone first he practically screamed..."WHO, lets calls them then!" He told me I was never ever going to get a deal like this anywhere ever again and his voice was soooo angry. "what's the problem, don't you have a credit card?" Then I remembered, I got a similar call some months back and they were extremely rude. At this point told him I definitely decline and then he thanked me for "wasting 10 minutes of his reps time" and was even hotter under the collar then before...and like months back I cut the line and hung up on him. Now I tell you...I don't ever find the need to hang up the phone on anyone, but these guys are ridiculous and the last time they swore at me and the whole bit so I wasn't waiting for it again.

Bottom line is people don't give away things for nothing...there is always a catch. And he certainly had motivation for being rude and I'm sure my enjoyment of Florida didn't push him over the edge. I can imagine the Vacation Ownership reps and how pushy, intimidating and condescending they might be. It would ruin your whole vacation.

• Mi
    Milissa Johns Oct 13, 2007

I have been trying for a year to resolve issues with my once and a lifetime trip to Disney. In February 2017, after several attempts to get our money back from this company took their offer and went to Florida only to realize we got roped into more lies from this Company. I booked my car with etourandtravel (for a deal) with an upgrade only to realize when I went to rent the car they charged me more than double what the rental agency would have charged me. I would never recommend this company to even my worst enemy - it was one nightmare after another. I even tried using BBB to have my money returned. Still Nothing!

Milissa Johns

• Ca
    Carol Kitchen Nov 26, 2007

False advertisement! I was told when I purchased
    this vacation that I had 15 days to cancel from when I received the video. When I tried to cancel I was told the 15 days had expired, the 15 days had not elapsed. I also did not received any paper work in the mail, only the video. The Hotels they told us about on the phone were suppose to be 4 star Hotels, they were not. They refused to credit my charge card. I do not want this vacation & I want my charge card credited! They also said they would be taking $50.00 a month from my charge card. I do not want any money taken from my charge card! My account # is 1238994.

Joetta Jan 02, 2008

I was charged $169. on my American express and promised 3 nights in Orlando, three at Daytona Beach on a nice beach front property, a car for seven days, and a two for one ticket to Universal.This almost sounded too good to be true but since I promised them 90 minutes of my time in each city I thought perhaps they were for real. I have tried everything and can't get a confirmation emailed to me after being told twice they would send it. I am ready to make my travel plans and have no idea where to start. I own a timeshare in Orlando and my children are interested in one so I was going to look at both of these for them. I tried to talk them into buying into this same deal and they wanted to go out of the country this year. I'm glad I they didn't spend any money with these people or I should say throw their money away.

• Co
    connie Mar 01, 2008

I wish I would of read these before we booked with etourand travel. We went ahead and booked with them, great deal to Orlando for 3 nites and a bonus Daytona/New Smyrna Beach for 3 nites. We new there was a time share involved. But, not once did the man say that a spouse had to be present. So, I took my children and my mother. They called to confirm the reservations, 2 weeks in advance and then told me that since I was married my husband had to be with to make me eligible for this trip. Told them he can not travel at this time. Now, because of this, we had to pay for the nights at Daytona. They were kind enough to let us keep Orlando. They were not very pleasant on the phone either. Making us sound like liars when we told them that we were never told of this.

Make sure that when you book this the details.

Connie

• Sc
    scamindentifieer Mar 01, 2008

You actually have 15 days from your time of purshase, not 15 days from when you receive the dvd!

• Ki
    Kim May 05, 2008

I own 2 timeshares and I am fully aware a spouse has to be present. I told them on the phone that I was separated. She said that meant I was single and put me down as such. When I arrived I, again, told them I was separated. They said that since I was in the computer as single that I was lying about being married and refused to give me a tour or my tickets to Kennedy Space Center, which were promised instead of Universal Tickets because I am a season pass holder to Universal. They basically lied to me from the start to get me to agree to the trip. I shudder to think how much money I spent in gas alone, travelling back and forth, wasting my time for their "bait & switch" scam.

Daytona/New Symrna is a KOSMOS COMPANY owned property. I blame them as much as etourandtravel. They are all, collectively, out to screw us.

Nora Jun 27, 2008

I will not recommend this option for anyone going on a vacation (DO NOT BUY YOU’RE VACATION THRU etourandtravel). When you read the small print on the “package” things are not included.

Example: I told the person that sold me the package that I had three kids and would need separate rooms, they reply no problem. Now when I tried to book a room all the rooms in the package where 1 bedroom with two beds, when I called they told me the upgrade would cost me an additional $40.00 per night and that I had to pay this amount to them... For the car the same thing. The star tickets they offer for universal studios- read the fine print- YOU WON’T GET THEM UNTIL YOU SIT DOWN FOR THE 90 MIN. SEMINAR ON TIME SHARE BUYING.
    This is not a cheap vacation as they sell it when you're talking with them. Make sure if you are going to schedule anything thru etourandtravel you are AWARE of this and that you only have 15 days (counting weekends) to cancel, otherwise you're stuck with a package that is NOT WHAT THEY'RE SELLING YOU. I've had many conversations with them and they won't budge, they're ridiculous and unaccommodating. I was once told they could not cancel my reservation because the “computer” wouldn’t allow them. If they way you want to start your vacation is arguing with customer service about reservations and where you want to stay, than by all means book with etourandtravel - they’re excellent at being difficult and unhelpful. If you want to have a smooth vacation starting with the reservations call the hotels yourself, you will definitely get a better start and better deal because at the end you will know for sure what you’re spending (no hidden fees and exclusions). Very dissatisfied with etourandtravel services- NOT WORTH IT. NCOLON.

Nora Jun 27, 2008

• Li
    liv Jul 14, 2008

I receive like 4 calls per day from eTourandTravel.com and i keep telling them that i am not interested to buy anything from them, but they insist that i registered on this site -wich i never did- and they keep telling me all my personal informations, i wonder where from they have all the info about me? when i ask to be put on NO CALL list they hang up the phone. i also tried to send them an e-mail regarding those disturbing calls, but it seems to do not go through.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS AGENCY. THEY ARE DESPERATE TO TAKE YOUR MONEY!

Cheryl Aug 29, 2008

They've been calling me so I finally listened to what they had to say. As the guy was telling me how wonderful the trip was, tempting me with Daytona Beach (NASCAR FAN, GO TONY STEWART!) I heard in the background some whooping and hollering and congrats etc...and thought oh oh, I've been here before with this type of sales pitch. The price sounded too good to be true even when they were telling me I could split it up, etc...I finally said no I wasn't going ot do it, couldn't afford it, etc...the guy I was talking too 'transferred' me over to his 'manager' and then the hard sell started. But during the time I was on the brief hold, I found this website. I didn't have time to read thru all of the comments, but just reading the headline confirmed to me not to go there. I kept saying no, was trying to be polite, but they wouldn't take no for an answer. Well, just before I was going to fess up and tell him about the website he made a rude comment and hung up on me. I'm sure it was the best thing that happened to me this morning. So tell all your friends. If etourandtravel call, just say no and hang up. Thank you for your website and for all the comments. I would have been another victim of their ploy, but because of you, I'm at least $398 richer. I don't have a timeshare in Florida but I didn't have one when I went to bed last night either and I was doing just fine. Now I got $398 to spend on something else...LIKE A TANK OF GAS!

• Sh
    Shane Dec 04, 2008

I have had exactly the same experience with Etourandtravel as outlined here - INCREDIBLY BAD. They did the old "15 days from receipt of package" and then refused to refund. Then they refused to provide an invoice or bill - just the CD. Refused to allow me to talk to a supervisor (or anyone else in the company) And now they have my personnel info, which I suspect that they are selling to other telemarketers. I think I'll just skip the vacation, stop throwing good money after bad, and write this off as proceeds to organized crime...

• Co
    coolblue Jul 15, 2009

how i can travel if they only show the video.
    there is no enough information to find.

are they take our money behind etourandtravel?

• Dr
    drv Oct 22, 2009

paid the inital fee to go on the vacation found out that was not able to follow through cancelled my package and forwent my initial payment t0 them. (cancellation fee) Now they are still trying to collect the balance.. Do they really think people can afford this. Good Luck SCAM Artist.

• Jm
    jmyslicki Jun 19, 2010

I agree they are VERY harassing. We never even booked with them and told them right off the bat to quite calling, but they've called everyday for the last 6 months. They're very rude and threatening and I am looking in to how I can charge them for harassment, because they go to far. I can't imagine how the owner of that company can allow it to be ran like it is; it's discraceful.