Etihad Airwaysnot allowed to board

Me and my husband had a flight from Washington DC international Airport to Kathmandu Nepal yesterday 2nd October 2019. We were departing with the etihad airways from Washington DC to Abu dhabi then to Delhi India, and from there we had a connecting flight with Nepal airlines to Kathmandu Nepal. The lady at the check point told us that we were not allowed to board the plane because we do not have visas for New Delhi. Nepali people and Indian people do not need visas to travel each another's country. She told us that we were allowed to travel without the bags but to travel with bags we needed visas...which does not make sense to me. Nevertheless, they didnot help us get another flight or help us get a refund. Now were are stuck here at the airport since last night!! I need to be in Nepal as I planned to be and we were not allowed to board the plane and we were not given any visa which is severely ridiculous for a lots of facts.
I have to go through legal process to get compensation since we are having hard time here and no one wants to help.

• Updated by RojinaRegmi, Oct 03, 2019

I meant to say we were not given any money Back instead I said we were not given visas.

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Oct 05, 2019

Hello Rojina, I'm sorry to hear about your experience.
    Please forward your details to [protected]@etihad.ae and the Guest Relations Team will investigate what has happened. *Isi

Ro