[Resolved] Ethan Allen — Sales associate attitude
This afternoon my husband and I were shopping to furnish our new 1700square foot home. We were in the Setauket store on Long Island and spoke with a sales associate named Kathy. She asked us what we were looking for and we indicated a sectional for our den. She mentioned that the only sectional they had in the store was the one we just looked at. We indicated that we would be interested in looking at other sofa and love seat set ups. She immediately asked what our budget was. We said approximately $3000. She told us that $3000 would not be enough and looked at us uncomfortably. We proceeded to leave. I have never felt so bad about myself in my whole life. My husband and I are two young professionals, purchasing our first home. What I am suggesting is that their sales associates not judge a book by its cover. We were willing to stretch our budget in order to purchase a quality product and an open minded sales associate would have showed us the merchandise and let us decide what we could or could not afford. I would assume that Ethan Allen would like to attract new business, but they will not do that by alienating younger generations. Mark my words, I will never step foot in another Ethan Allen as long as I live after the way the associate Kathy made me feel today.
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More Ethan Allen Complaints & Reviews
- Ethan Allen - Terrible company
- Ethan Allen New Impressions Dining Table - Poor Quality / Poor Customer Service
- Ethan Allen - table top
- Ethan Allen - Horrible quality
- Ethan Allen - Poor Workmanship/Poor Customer Service
- Ethan Allen - Buyer beware
- Ethan Allen - Do not purchase from them
- Ethan Allen - Delivery delay (6 weeks late, at best!)
- Ethan Allen - price increases as of september 18th, 2018
- Ethan Allen - Shame on them