Essoesso extra card / extra privileges card website

J

On April 17th I filled up $41 worth of gas at the Esso Gas Station located at 4530 Erin Mills Parkway in Mississauga, Ont., and was given an Esso Extra Card / Extra Privileges Card to use for future transactions. As a new car owner, I decided to go with Esso as my gas station of choice for a number of reasons.

My attempts on trying to register my card on the "www.essoextra.com" website have failed due to the website being down. Over the past week my numerous attempts to register my card have failed due to the site's "maintenance in progress" state.

To have a website down for that period of time without resolve is completely ridiculous, particularly for a conglomerate company such as yours. I have given up trying due to the frustration of trying to register my card and will rather use another gas company instead.

Thanks for the headache.

One lost customer

• Da
    darmartin Sep 27, 2018

can I use my Esso Extra Card / Extra Privileges Card ( 2.5 cents discount ) along with the optimum card?

• Al
    AlBw Apr 27, 2017

The website is still down, this is simply unacceptable. I will have to choose another gas station.

Norm Jones Apr 27, 2017

This maintenance issue has gone on for way too long. Clearly Esso doesn't have a clue on how to run a website. I can see a day or even two if there is a major issue, but it has been two weeks now. They don't even bother to put up an information page explaining when it is expected to be fixed.