Erin Capital Management LLC & Eltman, Eltman and CooperIllegal and Fraud collection practice violations

P

On June 19, 2006 Eltman, Eltman and Cooper requested for access to my credit history via Transunion credit reporting bureau without my authorization nor any communications in writing as to the reason on why they requested for my credit report, then on Jan. 8, 2007 Eltman, Eltman and Cooper with Erin Capital Management as their client filed a lawsuit against me and obtained a default judgment on May. 7, 2007 because the complaints and summons were purposely sent and delivered and used with an alternate proof of service to a John Doe male that was currently residing at the previous address where I lived at 5 years ago, which is in a different city and county from where I currently live at the time when this legal action was being performed against me by Eltman, Eltman and Cooper with Erin Capital Management LLC.

In the summons and complaint, it clearly indicates that they used my previous address instead of my current address as my contact and location to file the lawsuit and notify me. As of March 2006, my current address and my previous address were already reported on all the three major Credit Reporting bureaus, hence Eltman, Eltman and Cooper were already aware of my previous address and current address information at the time they obtained a copy of my credit history from Transunion on 6/19/2006 and prior to filing their lawsuit against me on 1/2007.

Beginning Sept. 7, 2007 5 months after Eltman, Eltman and Cooper with Erin Capital Management already obtained the default judgment against me, Eltman, Eltman and Cooper employees started calling and harrassing me at my work directly telling me about an old charged off credit card that I needed to workout a payment with him. I didn't even know this person and the credit card debt that he was calling me about and told him that he is not to call me at my work and harass me about a debt amount on a credit card that I don't even have, since I had no debt outstanding not even a car loan or mortgage loan at the time.

After that phone call to my work at the client's location/site, I received 2 letters from Eltman, Eltman and Cooper stating that they are in the business of collecting a debt and that I owed them for a judgment amount to Erin Capital Management with a case number and date of the judgment, but no other detail. I ignored the letters as I had no idea as who these companies are and no prior communications from them about any lawsuits or judgments.

After discovering the default judgment on my credit reported on 2/2008 and still receiving constant harassment calls from Eltman, Eltman and Cooper's office demanding to contact them for payment of the default judgment they obtained against me, I hired an attorney to help me with this situation because the charged off credit card debt they used to obtain the default judgment against me had been so old and had already passed its statute of limitation for further collection in the state California. EEC had clearly violated several of my civil rights and have caused me humiliation at my previous work and lost my job. Their harassment caused me to lose my job, because Eltman, Eltman, and Cooper had gone as far as calling my business client's human resources to demand for my employment and wage information even though I was not an employee. When my client's human resources informed them that I was not an employee with my business client and that they cannot release any information about me, the Eltman, Eltman, and Cooper employee rudely yelled at the HR employee and hung up on her.

I have a federal case pending against Erin Capital Management LLC and Eltman, Eltman and Cooper for violations of my rights per the FDCPA.

• Ca
    Can't believe theses lawyers? Jan 17, 2013

Hi my name is Jennifer Eschrich, they have just done that to me, also. Using my new employer old last name and address that i haven't lived at in over five years. They got my credit report, and now garnishing my wages for 25% of my pay after taxes through my new employer under my previous last name and address i haven't lived at in over fover years. I will be sueing this law firm this is redicious.

Daniel S.. Dec 15, 2012

How could I cow about joining the class action suit? Please send me some information. Thank you. I live in Pennsylvania. Thank you.

• Ro
    R OReilly Jun 14, 2012

I currently live in Georgia. The ERIN Group and its associates is a rogue group of outlaws that don't mind breaking the law. I have proof of this. My wife filed bankruptcy in Feb. 2011 (chapter 7). The bankruptcy was discharged (all debts voided) and completed May 2011. ERIN conned a law firm is filing a garnishment against my wife June 2012. This is over a year after the bankruptcy was discharged by a Federal Judge. As you can see, this is a clear violation of the Federal Law that has serious consequences to the law firm. ERIN has put this law firm is some bad trouble. I am probably going to sue the law firm. If anyone needs more information about this outlaw company contact me at [email protected]

Daniel S.. May 16, 2011

One step[ that i took against the company was to dispute the fraudulent information on my credit report. i also filed a complaint with the BBB, who has follow ed up with an investion. apparently, Erin CO has not been veru compliant and cooperatove so i have now filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office in the State of PA. They are actively working on the complaint and if needed I will proceed with a lawsuit. I must advice you that it is going to take a long process so exercise the dedication and patience. Dont freak out..i am going through the same thing, and they have not been ablt to garnish anything from from. They do not have the right to garnish your money if they arent the federal government and there is a whole process that would actually go into effect before some independent collection company would ever be able to garnish your finances. be prepared to take your issues and your matters to the farthest if possible..never back down or give in to them.

• Pa
    patty72 May 11, 2011

am i too late to join in the the class action suit? this lady calls me with the same line that everyone else has received threatening me with wage garnishment! she gave me addresses in michigan texas and florida before i actually told her i am and always have been in missouri, and that i was a victim of identity fraud around the time of this incident. she said they have a judgement against me already, so this was just a courtesy call...WTH? apparently, they are going to start taking money from me. i asked if they could send me proof that i signed for the card, paid on a statement, or received a summons, she said NO. i am frustrated now and her attitude did not help the situation at all.

Daniel S.. Feb 21, 2011

ERin capital management did the same thing to me. I happened to check my credit report and discovered that they had a judgement against me. I had never received any information about them or what the judgement was about. I recently contactewd the attorney General Office and I need any further information on how I could go about handling this company.

• Vc
    vcarnovale Dec 04, 2010

just today i received a notice in my mailbox from my employer informing me of a 25% wage garnishment upon a judgement on some previous debt that i was totally unaware of and still til this moment am not sure of what it is for. i checked my credit report and found a judgement was made by erin capital mgmt llc, which i googled and is how i ended up on this site. i still dont know what the judgement is for but i am supposedly getting my wages garnished 25% starting on my next check already! i read all the posts... can anyone give me any information on any lawsuits or what i can do?? please???? this is an absurdity and i feel like i should be contacting the authorities since i also learned recently before any of this came about, that some lawyer showed up to my ex-husband's house looking for me. now if these are illegitimate claims by their company, i'm kind of spooked out by some man physically coming out to look for me at an address where my 6 year old daughter resides and i used to. would anyone that has made any progress on their case please contact me at my email address: [email protected] apparently, it has been a good amount of time since anyone has posted a comment so i am thinking that something has had to have developed. i'm forwarding this post to the original poster's email and any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Fo
    fosterjd24 Jul 02, 2010

I'm in the same boat, took about 6, 000 total from me. I'm down for the class acton lawsuit.

• Ni
    nicolinha May 17, 2010

just checked my credit report and there is a judgment on there!
    i was in germany the last 5 years, how would i know i was being sued.
    who do i contact, i do not even know what this is about!!!
    please someone help!

notsittingdown35 Apr 06, 2010

I just caught on to a similar scenario as well. As far as I can tell, they haven't taken any money from me but I did just learn of a bogus lawsuit that I defaulted on because I was unaware of it. The plaintiff was Erin Capital Management, L.L.C. I googled them and this was one of the first links. I'm going to do what I can to address this and frequently check back here to see how you all are doing.

• De
    debsuz52 Feb 24, 2010

I would also like to file a complaint. They are garnishing my wages from something from 4 years ago. I can't get an answer from anyone. Also another company is Asset Acceptance.

samado Feb 06, 2010

I would like to file a class action suit against them too. They did the same thing to me.

• Go
    goodwin90403 Oct 27, 2009

They just did the same thing to me, and I am interested in filing a class action lawsuit against Eltman, Eltman & Cooper.

If anyone is interested in joining me, or can share additional information, I suggest we pool our resources - my email is [email protected]

Please email me and let's band together against these unethical and illegal business practices!!!