Erie Auto InsurancePersonally Violated for dedication to Erie

I have been a loyal customer of Erie Auto and Home insurance for 15+ years, I recently added my 16 year old daughter to my policy. Prior to adding my daughter I personnely had 1 accident with my car costing Erie only $1300.00. That is One-thousand and 300 dollars. I backed into a tree stump. dumb luck.

Erie touts on their ads loyalty pays with Erie and they understand and are very affordable for thr young drivers. ALL LIES !!!

LIES: Erie is charging me $3255.00 for my daughters insurance !!! She is driving a 5 year old KIA not a Corvette for God's sake. I AM BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY ERIE. Read on:

When I approached the agent aboout why this insult, they informed me this is Erie's policy for young drivers. I am trapped by Erie as when I go to other companies, I am not able to get insurance as they want more money than this because of my $1300.oo Please note, over the years I was tempted to go to other insurances as I coul svae money, 1 to $200.00 year. But chose not as I liked my agent and their service. Apparently, for this I am now a Hostage of ERIE and this scam.

DO NOT USE ERIE Insurance.
IF YOU ARE A YOUNG FAMILY or a family with kids who will drive within 5 years change policies NOW. YOU WILL BE SCREWED BY ERIE THE LONGER YOU STAY WITH THEM.

Email me for any information at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Er
    ErinAstwood May 20, 2011

My car was parked in a grocery store parking lot. While parked, a woman smashed into my car along with 4 other cars. My car is totaled. My car was towed to a lot, where it still stands building up lot fees. This woman is insured by Erie Auto Insurance. She has a 2007 Toyota so I am sure she has full coverage. A rep from Erie told us that our lot fees would be covered for a week. Their rep did an appraisal of the damage and told me the value of the car. Fine...so when it came time for me to go get my car from this lot to junk it, the lot owner would not allow me to take my car. He said the insurance company did not pay him and he doesn't deal with insurance companies and he just wants his money. So we were on the phone again with Erie. The rep then told us that Erie will NOT be paying the lot fees. They claimed that since their client had a Toyota of a certain year, the car may have a malfunction and this may not be her fault. OK, fine. Someone needs to give me the value of my car. I don't care if it's Erie or Toyota. My problem is this lot fee that has been building up that Erie is unwilling to pay after they said it was covered for up to a week. When I asked the rep, well who is responsible for paying this lot fee??? He then said, you are, it's your car. WHAT!!! I was legally parked at Price Chopper!!! I didn't put my car there, why should I have to pay over $300 just to get it back!!! I understand there is an issue with who is responsible, Erie's client or Toyota's faulty manufacturing. Why should I have to be dragged through the mud without my car!!! I can't drive it!!! I can't even take it out of the lot!!! This is total bull and it's not right. Now I have to get a lawyer involved.

• Jk
    JKDE May 21, 2011

Your insurance carrier should be handling everything for you. What company insured you? Do you even have insurance?