Enbridge / Direct Energyunauthorized charges on account

J

My wife and I have received charges on our Enbridge Gas Bills for home maintenance plans and their respective cancellation despite never ordering them. The actual charges were generated by Direct Energy and processed through Enbridge's monthly bill statements.

We believe that many others are victims of this fraudulent behavior.

According to Enbridge's Ombudsman (Ms. Debbie Boukydis), if the charges are not supported by Direct Energy within 60 days, then Enbridge will apparently not enforce its collection; however, how many take the steps to challenge these unwarranted unsupported charges?

Manuel Faria Jun 13, 2014

I live in Brampton ON and got Direct Energy insurance plan for furnace in January 2014 where I was charge almost $200 at once then in February somebody called saying that I could enhance the plan by getting pluming and AC protection for a few dollars more a month.
    In May my home was sold and got extra charges for almost $400 extra because they said I had a year contract that was never disclosed to me and they are charging the full amount of the insurance again even though I paid something in January.
    I put the claim and they said all charges are valid, I don't know what else to do or where to have a claim put against this kind of abuse they are doing against people
    Guidance will be appreciated