eCraterIllegal stuff being sold

I was sold an illegal copy of the windows7 operating system.Had no where to go after it was deactivated by microsoft.Luckily I found this place to keep others from being scammed

• Ju
    JustMeTwo Jan 10, 2011

Is EBAY a scam as well? or just an individual seller there? How about Amazon... etsy & all the others.I don't care WHERE you shop... you should check out sellers first. I have bought on ecrater & never had a problem.

• Sq
    squidee Aug 29, 2010

I don't see how you people are all getting scammed so easily. Are you just blind or illiterate? Do none you of dare to take precautions before buying?! Scams are everywhere! Go with a secure payment source like the standard PayPal for eCrater. There is also a well known PayPal email address Verification Program. Do your research. It is simply a link to type in the e-mail of the seller to see if they have been Verified by PayPal. If the seller will not give up his e-mail address or is Unverified, I'd stay absolutely the hell away from that one. Ask for some credentials to make sure you are not at a liability if something happens. Be smart. Do your research! Don't just go on clicking randomly and saying "Ooh I want that and I want it now! Buybuybuy! I'm so rich and happy!" Well no, cuz this is exactly what will happen.

AnotAmouse Aug 16, 2010

eCrater has nothing to do with it. Find a trusted seller wherever you go and get the best deal you can. Caveat Emptor, and remember if it is too good to be true it is and it's your own fault if you are too careless with your money wherever you buy. If on the other hand, saving money is not important for you, you generally get a good deal on Amazon.com, or why not just buy it from a retailer that marks it up 20% higher and in exchange gives you peace of mind. Me? I prefer to shop around intelligently, pay my money, take my chances and then get a coronary when someone sticks it to me...which hasn't happened for a while after pso much practice to be savvy, but could happen again any minute ... such is life and saving cash is important. Just ordered a product on eCrater/Google Checkout for $20 - the identical one was on eBay/PayPal for $26.50, both postpaid.

The fees charged by the sites and payment folks t the seller are as follows:
    eCrater/GCO combination: $0.60
    eBay-PayPal monopoly: $4.21

It is on sale on Amazon.com via a third party (the only possibility with Amazon) vendor for $22.00 ppd, with a temporary $5.25 discount. Since it is a third party, I figured I'd give the eCrater format a shot.

Will let you know how it goes. The eCrater is an "A" company (range A+ to F, I believe) with the BBB in its state, has over 8000 positive feedbacks on eCrater and has a 98.9% feedback rating. Will see if all this translates into a good experience for me.
    Best

• 1p
    1 PO'd MF Aug 12, 2010

Agreed. I just received a counterfeit Windows 7 64-bit disc from a seller (Lapland Multimedia) on eCrater. Luckily, I noticed it was phony before I installed it. Just avoid eCrater entirely and go with a trusted seller.