Easy SaverUnauthorized charges!

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER [protected] PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I informed ProFlowers of this problem and they gave me this number: [protected], which is different from the one on the bill and on their website. I talked to a service rep. named 'Linda' and she was willing to give me only a fraction of my money back after a long-winded sales pitch about how great their service is. She became rather forceful and obnoxious when I demanded all the money back, claiming that Easy Saver had legally billed me since I signed up for the service. I asked for a manager and talked to 'Jennifer' and she eventually promised to pay back the charges.

Thus far, I have been credited with all but one of the charges; they credited my card a few charges at a time.

If this happens to you, I suggest calling the 800 number I listed above and demand your money back. If that fails, ask for a manager and tell them you are willing to file complaints and inform the media of their unethical business practices. Also, informing ProFlowers, or other companies linked to Easy Savers, would be a good idea.

• Sc
    scam on the poor Aug 22, 2016

Moneyedge and Easy Saver ripe people like me off. I told the representative I was not interested in any type of member or any other offers. money was taken from my checking acct. I was interested in one product that was a trial basic and it was $1.00 and the charged me the $1.00 plus 16.95 twice. I told the rep that I was on life disibility and i was not intersted my times and she continued to talk. I interruped her and tole her that i was not trying to be rude but that i was saving us both time by stopping her.Finally she said okay and thank you. I made sure to ask again that not one dime other than the $1.oo was comming out and she said yes. What a scam.

• Br
    brandi mason Aug 12, 2016

LET ME TELL YOU ALL SOMETHING... OKAY? I happen to be one of those women/men who answer those phones at the CALL CENTER that you are calling and verbally abusing. Really, is that necessary. Most of us who answer those phones have worked there less time that you have been being charged. We didn't work there when it happened, we didn't enter in any of your information FOR you, we are working in one of the hardest industries there is and yet...why do we chose to be there... because we like to HELP. We are helpers when we answer that phone. While we do understand your frustration - we want to help remedy the situation. Every company will do something that angers you at some point. It's how they resolve the issue that matters. That gal on the other end of the phone had nothing to do with your enrollment. Yet, daily we get yelled at, cursed, and verbally abused as soon as we as how we can HELP you. What part of HELP don't you understand. YOU made the mistake of the enrollment in the Easy Saver Rewards Program. YOU are the ones who have been negligent in checking your accounts weekly... if not DAILY - like I do! Believe it or not, it's not a SCAM. We have been in busines for over 30 years and have over a million satisfied customers... who DO read the smaller print, (which in this case there IS no fine PRINT! It's an entire webpage that TELLS you to 'ENTER YOUR INFORMATION MANUALLY"... where it says "ENTER YOUR INFORMATION TO JOIN THE EASY SAVER REWARDS PROGRAM!" So, PLEASE... remember when you call that we truly do understand you are surprised, upset, angry, irrate and even threatening to report us to the BBB. Well, we ARE members of the BBB! Just try to be nice. You get alot farther with honey than vinegar. We are not responsible for what happened in your situation...however, we are kind enough to take the abusive from you... and still resolve the situation for you to your satisfaction! We like to have happy customers! We post our phone number on every charge on your bank statement. The bank has our phone number. It's no scam. The fact of the matter is that you didn't read. So, because you didn't read, just clicked clicked and clicked, you call and curse at us! Hey, some of us are good Christian women and we don't deserve to be talked to the way you talk to us. YOU made the mess... now, try to be kind to us while we resolve the problem to the best of our ability and to your satisfaction. Just stop yelling at us!

• Ru
    Russell L. Rehm Aug 12, 2016

I placed an order from Oriental Trading Company online and was automatically registered for easy saver membership. I never completed the registration for easy saver club and now I see by numerous complaints...I am in for alot of hassles to cancel this membership. I tried to cancel by going to their website and can find nowhere to cancel the membership only rip off complaints. I see by the numerous other responses this is a normal practice for this company...very bad business.

• It
    It's personal Aug 10, 2016

Give me a break. I came across the same charges on my statement. HOWEVER... I am smart enough to check my statement regularly and picked up on the enrollment with the initial charge of $1.95! If you don't check your statements - well, then I call that STUPID. After I called to cancel, I went back to the PRO FLOWERS site and checked to see how "fraudulent" it was. IT'S NOT. A WHOLE page comes up offering a discount on your next purchase... TELLING you that that discount includes the 30 trial of Easy Saver. You actually HAVE to enter your email address AND zip code ANDDDDD click on "enroll me now" !!! If you people can't see that, you don't need to have a credit card OR bank account. I too called to cancel. I spoke with a perfectly lovely customer service representative who was more than helpful in explaining the enrollment process as well as refunding my money. All I had to do was request it. These poor people you are calling have NOTHING to do with the enrollment. They are just the unfortunate souls who have to deal with hotheaded idiots like all of you. What the heck are you getting out of being rude and demanding to these people! It's a job. How would you like people to call YOU all day and yell at you????? You get alot more with honey than with vinegar. LEARN TO READ AND OWN UP TO YOUR OWN MISTAKES. This is a perfectly ligit company. I have looked into it. They have been in business for longer than I am old, and if you think being a bunch of idiots in denial is going to bring them down... well, continue to waste your time. However, I would suggest you spend that time learning to READ rather than yelling about someone "stealing" your money when it's your own fault. Jerks.

• Valerie Jul 21, 2016

My mother is 83 years old so I just recently started helping her in her business affairs. I noticed on her Discover Card these charges for these two companies. She did not know what they referred to nor had she ordered anything from either. The charges totalled $ 186.45. I will try to receive credit for these charges, but after I have read some of these other complaints I have my doubts about

receiving any help. I felt compelled in adding my mom to the already long list of credit card rip-offs and complaints.

• In
    Inderbir Jul 21, 2016

There is a company called Easy Saver And American Leisure. They called me pn my cell phone and offered to send me gas coupons for free in mamil. They said it will cost 2 $ since I have a good credit history. If I don't use the coupons, nothing will be charged to my account. I didn't get any gas coupons and then see 2 transations in my account for close to 60$. When I called them, they said since you didn't call back to cancel, I was charged and hung up on me.

I wasn't using that credit card actively and as a result was not monitoring the bills. I have been charged 120 $ as the late payment fees as a result. I am stuck. There are lot of reports on the internet about this company doing all the fraud. Just google "Easy Saver And American Leisure Fraud" and you will get a lot of links on /link removed/ website.

Can someone please help me?

Anju Mittal Jul 20, 2016

We liked the information available here. http://www.bangaloreflowerplaza.com

• Am
    amber Jul 20, 2016

bought some halloween items from orential trading and was signed up for this easy saver club, don't know what it is. the company e-mailed me but it went to my spam box, so i deleated it. I want my money back. rip off!!!

• Ve
    verbnp Oct 30, 2015

I recently found out that I was being charged $14.95/month by Easy Saver since Jan 2010! A total of 867.10! I have not used the credit card it was being charged to for the last 4 years and had cut it up and was getting electronic statements. I take responsibility for not checking statements but most of you can understand why I wouldn't have a need to ! I called the [protected] number. After listening several times that I had electronically signed up for a 30 day free trial and then started getting billed for this membership monthly when I ordered flowers with the credit card, I mentioned that this was unethical and I was going to go to the media and file a complaint. They finally agreed to pay half the amount back. I kept requesting to talk to this supervisors supervisor and he kept upping the amount until finally he met me half way. Lesson learned! I still think they should tell customers with the membership at least annually via letter or email that they have this membership. I know I'm not the first and certainly wont be the last to have this happen!

Joe83 Oct 07, 2011

I just dealt with this myself because of a proflowers order back in Jan 2010 ($313 worth of fees). They of course will not give you all your money back unless you put up a valid argument. You don't have to be nasty, just logical and intelligent. Ask questions like, I'm paying for a service, but what service are you providing me? They'll respond we get you discounts on hotels, travel, etc. Then you can ask, how are you making me aware that these services are available to me? they'll respond, "well you signed up for a membership which you have 30 days to cancel...blah blah". I stated, "how did you confirm to me that I had the ability to use your services, you had to send some kind of notification?" They stated they sent me an email, that's right, one email stating the terms and conditions. I asked, "did you send me anything else, was i being reminded of the services you provide?" They stated no. So I finished with, "So you sent me one email, you never sent me anything else, you don't require confirmation of my acknowledgement, this one email could have gone into my junk mail or spam folder, how am I supposed to know the value of your products if you don't keep informed of what i can save? I'm paying for something that I've never used and your organization sends me nothing but an email from almost 2 years ago?" The lady responded, we will refund your money fully from Jan. 2010. don't forget to ask them how long you've been paying them for, because that obviously is very important.

• Wo
    worklizard Aug 04, 2011

I recently noticed a charge for $14.95. I never paid attention because I thought it was for a website domain page that has a similar name and is also $14.95. But I called the [protected] and asked what company it was. They said it was Easy Saver a coupon program. They told me I signed up in 2009! I went online to investigate Easy Saver and know that it had to do with Proflowers. I never signed up for this. I would not enter my information for something I have no idea about. A coupon program?! I would have gotten emails for coupons. And I never did. They refuse to refund me. But I am the host of a radio show in Dallas that attracts about 10, 000 a week. Monday night, I will encourage people to stop doing business with Proflowers and any companies associated with Easy Saver. I can honestly say there has been no account activity on my part. So charging me is unethical. It is stealing! And I never clicked on an agreement or entered my email for this program. I know better than to do this. I only bought flowers and now I am out $358.80.

• Su
    supersnips Jul 06, 2011

Same thing just happened to me, hopefully I resolved everything with them, and will get my money back. Probably was Pro Flowers that started everything. I would suggest that you call your credit card company and complain. Also get a new card number.

• He
    Helen Pietsch May 14, 2011

Will someone please help me figure out how to get these charges removed from my credit card!!!

• Sh
    Shaoyu Apr 13, 2011

The same thing happened to me also. They charged me a total of $259.10. I called today; they said they would refund me the whole amount. I hope they do.
    I'm woundering if ProFlowers gets part of the money. No more order from ProFlowers. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME ON PROFLOWERS.

• Fu
    funkyguitar Mar 29, 2011

Same thing happened to me. I noticed at least 3 months of charges at $14.95, who knows how far back it's gone, as my online banking records only go back 3 months. There will be a couple of phone calls made tomorrow. I'm just livid. Lots of four letter words have entered my mind since I just discovered what's been going on. The only reason I noticed is because I'm closing a bank account since where I moved to that bank doesn't operate. I kept the old account open "just in case". And now I find this has been going on. Unbelievable.

As a point of comparison, whenever I sign up for something legitimate, I get email newsletters, promotions in the mail, etc. You know, staying in touch with the customer. Nothing from Easy Saver. Nothing. Clearly a scam. I'm so mad.

• Tm
    tmckinney Jan 25, 2011

As I am reconciling my fiance's bank account I found these EASY SAVER charges. He doesnt recall how where or why these charges started happening. I looked back all the way back to dec 2008 and viola, $19.80 each month there forward until today. OMG really yes 2 yrs, so little amount that no one unless your anal about your finances, and account you would never find these. I wonder what other companies this easy saver prgram is linked to. Does anyone have a idea how to search this on the internet. Unfortunately we are in this position because of these jerks. but Glad I found others this was happening to and their experience so I know how to deal with them when I make the call tomorrow.

MaryZion Jan 05, 2011

I can't believe how ProFlowers can justify victimizing their own customers be entangling them with known scammers such as EMI Marketing. It's the kind of marketing decision that can wreck a company. You can recover your losses by calling the fraud department of your credit card company and repeating the phrase "I never received any goods or services from Easy Savers." That puts the card company on the hook for the charges and they will muscle EMI Marketing to refund the money back to you. Good luck, and remember, those people in the Mumbai call center for EMI are just doing their jobs working for unethical executives back in the US so be firm but courteous!

• Ca
    cailet Dec 29, 2010

If you are told they they will only refund part of the money, call back and be nastier. I just spoke with someone and after telling them that I would be filing a complaint with the FTC and Florida Attorney general because their practices were deceptive and fraudulent, she told me (getting a little huffy) she could "see where I was coming from" and that I would be refunded the entire amount. She also told me that they follow all laws and trade guidelines and if they were trying to hide anything they certainly wouldn't give a phone number to contact them. (I guess I'm supposed to thank them for that?)

• Ni
    Nikki Raistrick Nov 26, 2010

I've been billed $14.95 since May 3, 2009 (a total of $284.05) for flowers that my brother bought using my credit card number. When he bought flowers with my card (I allowed him to do so) at proflowers.com, he was automatically signed up for Easy Saver that charged MY card every month. I thought it was something my credit card was charging for fraud protection and just realized this month that that was not the case. I will be getting my money back.

sandrda Nov 22, 2010

Thank you very much for posting this site. It was helpful to me because when I called the billing number all I got was a recording. Then, I saw this site and dialed the 800 number. Janet was very nice and proceeded to cancel my membership ad refund my $14.95. I originally purchased something from Oriental Trading, where I apparently signed up for this. I was happy to know that everything was taken care of.
    Sandra

• To
    tommielee Oct 09, 2010

I to bought flowers from pro-flowers and started getting billed 1.95& and then went up to 14.95 every month. This went on for 5 months before we noticed it on our bank statements. this whole pro-flower thing is a scam. Freeshipping dot com is allso part of this scam. keep an eye out on your bank statements. They charged us 12.97 for 5 months and will only return 1 month of that money back.

• Ro
    RoxT Sep 28, 2010

I will never use Pro Flowers again, it looks as though I have also fallen victim to this scam. I will however, list a complaint with the BBB and my state attorney's office.

• Ro
    roaddrunner Sep 27, 2010

billing my bank account every month for a year for some type of membership

• Mi
    mislis33 Sep 13, 2010

I had the same issue with order flowers from 1-800ProFlowers and being signed up for easy savers "membership". I was charged for a year without noticing even though I check my bank statements monthly, they some how snuck those $14.95's in there. I called the 1-800 number and spoke to 5 different people each giving me a different dollar amount that they would refund me, and each telling me of how I signed up for this service. I told them, I never gave you my credit card information, never had a membership, no passwords or e-mails, and that they have been stealing from me for over a year. I wouldn't take no for an answer, and told them they would refund me the full amount. Eventually they gave in, and as of today, I received my refund in full. So if this has happened to you, don't give in to them cheating you out of a full refund. Tell them what they did is fraudulent and that you are going to fill a police report and contact the Better Business Bureau. Worked for me.

• Mo
    momeek Aug 16, 2010

I noticed this month a 14.95 charge on my Discover card. Unfortunately, I don't always look at my statement because the payment is withdrawn automatically from our bank. These charges have been monthly since October of 2008 when I made a purchase from Oriental Trading. I remember the pop up window and I also remember closing it without clicking on anything or entering any information. This is definately a SCAM!! My husband intend to have our money refunded! Thanks for all the helpful tips!

• Wi
    William Wood Aug 09, 2010

This outfit takes one legitimate transaction for which they have a charge and then they continue to make the same charge month after month with no transactions. It is a classic scam. I called the number indicated and I spoke with Amy. She was EXTREMELY gracious; agreed to cancel my account and to refund three months of charges. This is a SUPURB employee of a crummy company.

• Up
    upsetatproflowers Jul 28, 2010

Thank you so much for posting this. I am a busy college student who has lived all over the place during the past two years and when I started noticing easy saver charges on my account, at first I assumed they were charges from small businesses who used another company for their credit card transactions. For example, when I saw the charges on my account I thought to myself "Must have been when I went to the liquor store, or privately owned salon the other day" Amidst the business of my life, what I failed to notice was that every time an easy saver charge was made, it was always 14.95... nevermind the fact that I hadn't actually bought anything. Pretty stupid of me, I know. Long story short, easy saver had been charging me 14.95 a month right under my nose directly out of my checking account for NINETEEN MONTHS. At the point when I realized what this whole thing really was, I was out $186.00. I felt pretty stupid but was still angry that something like this happened to me so I did more research. Turns out, I ordered tulips for my mom for Valentines day on February 10, 2009. That's when the initial $1.95 from Easy Saver charge happened. From then on out I had charges for 14.95 to my account from Easy Saver every 28 days. When I put the puzzle pieces together 19 months later, I was out $286. Yep, call me dumb for not putting it all together earlier, but when you're leading a busy life sometimes things like that just fall under my pretty vigilant radar about my bank account. I called Easy Saver and spoke to "Dave" who was EXTREMELY POLITE and sweet. He told me they have been having problems with this a lot and they are working on refunding me the ful 286. The first portion of 179.40 will be deposited directly into my bank account within the next seven to ten days. The remainder of the 286 will be sent to me via a check in the mail within the next three weeks. I then called proflowers and talked to "Renee" who confirmed the cancellation of my Easy Saver account and apologized and talked about the Easy Saver program and how great it is for their customers. With both calls I placed I informed them right off the bat that I was notifying the Better Business Bureau, my bank, and the consumer protection portion of my local news station. I am in the process of following up on all this. I'm also telling all of my friends to never buy from Proflowers again (who I see was the worse company than EasySaver for selling my credit card info in the first place) and posting this info on facebook for the world to see. What a pain in the butt. Hope to see that refund soon.

Andy A Jul 23, 2010

I had the very same experiences happen to me. After 9 months of not noticing (due to charges being listed as 'charity' and them taking the money at different times of the month) I finally caught on.

After following the instructions of the poster I had the 9 transactions credited to my account within 5 business days.

My advice: They are trained to point the fault at you. Do not accept this. They will begin by telling you that you signed up for a program. If you press them on that subject (either you didn't or were not able to read the fine print) they will soon back off of that. They will then agree to cancel your subscription and attempt to hang up the phone. Don't stop there! Press them that you want your money back. They will again point out your fault for not doing it sooner. Don't let that break you, if you continue to press them about wanting your money back you will eventually succeed. For me, I told them that I didn't notice the charges due to them being taken out at different times of the month and never actually being notified by them that I had this service.

As unfortunate as it is that you have to go through this, it is possible to be fully refunded. Be firm but don't lose it. Don't take the fault. Pro flowers promised me that if easy saver didn't give me a full refund to contact them back. It didn't come to that for me but I would recommend trying that out too.

Thanks to the poster for the advice and good luck!

• Fi
    FirefighterParamedicTX Jul 09, 2010

I just wanted to let y'all know that I spoke to a service representative named "Melinda" today and I am getting every single charge refunded except for the initial $1.95. At this point I will take it.

She was very helpful, granted I didn't yell and scream at her, because I knew it wasn't her fault I was being charged $14.95 every month. She initially said that I was to get back about half of it, but with some kind conversation and asking questions in a normal tone (as though I was speaking to her face to face), she spoke to her supervisor and they will be refunding nearly every cent.

"Melinda" said that she is only authorized to refund X amount without having to speak with her supervisor. She didn't place me on hold for more than 2minutes--tops!! And she told me exactly how I would be receiving my refund. Some of the charges will be reversed within a day or two and the remaining amount will be mailed in a check (which can take up to 4 weeks, or a total 28day billing cycle).
    She told me that if you do not receive your check within 4weeks, you can call the [protected]) phone number and speak to someone.

I would say that I may be one of the lucky ones to get a refund of nearly everything I was charged, however working in a customer service for nearly 10years, I know what it's like to be on the other side dealing with the ones who anger quickly and are never satisfied.

I hope this helps y'all. I'm just grateful I don't have to see that flippin' charge on my account anymore. Have a blessed day everyone.

• Mr
    mrader Jul 07, 2010

Same for me! I had no idea where this charge originated from, but I had made a Proflowers purchase. I will not ever order from Proflowers again! What a ripoff! I didn't have the phone number either. Thanks for posting it!

• La
    Latricia Arnold Jul 04, 2010

can't sign onto website. Did a search through my mail for passwords or confirmations---none were there. At same time, my bank statement there was a second $16.95 charge coming out for American Leisure. When I called the number, the messages are the same as EasySaver. I do not know who these people are or how they got access to my account.

• Je
    Jentastic!!! Jul 02, 2010

Because of my online purchase thru Oriental Trading in February 2010 I too, had charges of $14.95 debited from my account monthly, totalling over $75.00. The debits from my account had Easy Saver assigned next to them. I contacted the number listed on my bank statement and the first rep I spoke with was rude and unhelpful. I was very upset, I requested information about the company and he was unwilling to help without me verifying my mailing address. I am very upset!

I called back today and spoke with another rep and explained my concerns. I did verify my address, reluctantly. They have cancelled my "membership" and will be refunding my money. When I had asked how this came about she explained that they offered a $10 -$15 discount on my purchase thru Oriental Trading if I signed up for a trial of Easy Saver. I don't recall this, however it was February!! She also stated that paperwork was mailed to me explaining the program and emails were sent, however I do not recall receiving any information.

I also called Oriental Trading regarding the matter, they appologized and confirmed their relationship with Easy Saver. The rep stated she believed that they are no longer doing business with them anymore. She offered to send me a $10 voucher for a future purchase, however I do not believe I will be doing business with them in the future. The service rep at Oriental Trading seemed more genuinely sincere about my frustration and wanted to help me. I believe that the rep was concerned about my complaint. I think Oriental Trading has realized that this was not a good move on their part.

I have filed a Better Business Bureau complaint against Easy Saver and Oriental Trading. I will aslo be filing a complaint with the attorney general. I did not authorize a debit from my account, I find it unsettling that my bank account information has been shared. I also find it puzzling that when I asked the reps at Easy Saver exactly what it is their "membership services" was about, they danced around the question and did not provide an answer.

I hope this helps others from being taken advantage of!

• Sp
    spiketanx Jun 10, 2010

This company is nothing but thiefs! They steaal money from us without authorization.

I found recurring charges of $14.95 per month on my credit card statements for as long as 7 months, called their service number and they refunded me in full.
    Their service representative told me that when I shop online with www.florestexpress.com, they trapped me from there.

There should be lawyers to file class action against this company.

• Se
    Seabassss Jun 05, 2010

I found out I had been charged a total of 26 times by Easy Saver. I remember signing up for the discount and definitely remember emailing them within the time period to cancel my membership so I wouldn't get charged. They said they had no record of my email...Unfortunately I just didn't pay attention to it and the credit card billed was one I used for multiple bills so it never caught my attention.
    I called Easy Saver and got all my $ back. You do have to read the fine print, however, a company that offers you all these "services" for being a member yet never sends me ONE email or update on my "membership" instead just happily billed my credit card each month is wrong and sneaky.
    When you call you need to ask them exactly how many times they have billed you...my credit card online only went back so far. Once you find that out you need to ask for ALL of your money back...at first they only offered me something like 12 payments back. I was very courteous, but stern, and they were very nice in responding to my request. Just make sure you ask for ALL of your money back!!!
    I know people need to read the fine print and all, BUT this company really needs to keep its members up to date with emails or SOMETHING just not $14.95 on the ol credit card.
    Good luck!

markaf May 27, 2010

Same here. $14.95 per month since 12/2007. Shame that I had not caught this sooner and also shame on proflowers for checking a box on their order form. I never authorized it. This may cost pro flowers any future business from me, depending on how quickly this is handled. Up through today they had bilked me out of $443.00. I wonder how many unsuspecting souls have had the same expeirience

Called the 800 number they cancelled, said they would credit 12 months back to my card & $14.95 per month and mail me the remainder. I have the name and a confirmation # and will watching this like a hawk.

• Te
    Terriejw May 26, 2010

My mom ordered Hydroxatoone over the phone, refused all the offers and still ended up getting billed 16.98. I am in the process of getting 2 months worth of charges reversed now.

• Wa
    waybc May 16, 2010

I have recently noticed that every month since April 2008 I have been charged 14.95 a month, when I bought from Proflowers.com to send to my mother in law. It has been 2 years since I bought those flowers an I never noticed. I am being charged from my old account number that was changed 2 years ago. Over the years I have been conned out of $360. When I noticed it a month ago I called in and got refunded for 1 month, but when digging deeper in my junk draw I kept finding these uncanny charges. Do not buy from Proflowers.com.

• Wr
    W. Reynolds May 07, 2010

Same thing happened to me...billed $14.95 from EasySaver the same day my ProFlowers transaction went through. I just called Easy Saver today (5/7/10) at [protected]...spoke with a Kristina (sp?)...explained that I must've inadvertenly clicked on something that signed me up for their membership and I needed to cancel the membership. I just had to give her my billing zip code, name and full billing address and she cancelled the membership and issued a credit for the $14.95. Took less than 2 minutes on the phone with her.

WORD TO THE WISE: Be polite and act stupid when you call.

Both ProFlowers and Easy Saver are responsible for this deceptive behavior and it's very sad to me because I really enjoyed doing business with ProFlowers and thought they had a great service up until this point. But for them to give my billing information to a 3rd party and in such a deceiving and manipulative way has certainly ruined my favorable opinion of them.

If I hadn't found this complaint board I'd be at my bank right now insisting that someone had stolen my credit card information and was signing themselves up for memberships with it. Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice!

Now the hunt begins for a new online floral business to shop with. Bummer :o(

• Bi
    BiggerinTX May 05, 2010

I purchased some products from Oriental Trading, a company that has provided many items for the large company I work for over the past 7 years...I used my debit card to pay for the order because I could not wait on the company payroll department. Everything about my order, down to the address was company information, except payment. I saw this $14.95 charge pop up on my checking account this afternoon and boy am I glad I caught it after reading some of these complaints! I had no idea what "Easy Saver" was, so when I researched it, I found this number attached to another complaint: [protected]. I called immediately and spoke with someone right away. They argued that I must have "signed up" "somehow", so I proceeded to tell the representative that there is no way I would sign up for that service in my right mind. I said I was expecting a full refund immediately and that I needed to be promised this charge would not happen again. The person I was speaking with said the money would be credited back to my account within 7-10 business days...

For now, I am disappointed that they are "tricking" people into "authorizing" charges. WATCH OUT IF YOU ARE IN A SIMILAR POSITION AND PAY FOR WORK RELATED ITEMS WITH PERSONAL FUNDS!!! However they think I authorized any sort of charges is beyond me, I have never gone through any sort of ordering process without entering my card information and recieving a confirmation for the product I have purchased! They also need to be very careful...It's risky business mixing someone's personal bank card to a major company, their charges could be considered fraud in some cases. They would have no case against someone arguing "Yes, I am Suzie Q, and yes they did charge the card that's under my name, but no I don't live at 123 work address...My billing address is obviously my home addres, which is not what their records reflect."

• Ge
    getaclue May 03, 2010

I agree with what they say, and thank all of you for your help and insight, we used Sherie's berrys and had the same situtation, I called Easy Saver today and they will be refunding the 4 months of $14.95 and the $1.95 charges that they billed our credit card. She was very nice and I was very stern with her and told her how it is so wrong that they take advantage of people. She said it was triggered when "you" typed in your e-mail address sir, I told her that many people type in their e-mail addresses and we don't get charged $14.95 a month for life unless you call and question it and then cancel. She quit argueing. and she did give me a confirmation but only after I asked. Thanks All! Jim