Easy SaverUnauthorized charges!

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER [protected] PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I informed ProFlowers of this problem and they gave me this number: [protected], which is different from the one on the bill and on their website. I talked to a service rep. named 'Linda' and she was willing to give me only a fraction of my money back after a long-winded sales pitch about how great their service is. She became rather forceful and obnoxious when I demanded all the money back, claiming that Easy Saver had legally billed me since I signed up for the service. I asked for a manager and talked to 'Jennifer' and she eventually promised to pay back the charges.

Thus far, I have been credited with all but one of the charges; they credited my card a few charges at a time.

If this happens to you, I suggest calling the 800 number I listed above and demand your money back. If that fails, ask for a manager and tell them you are willing to file complaints and inform the media of their unethical business practices. Also, informing ProFlowers, or other companies linked to Easy Savers, would be a good idea.

• Ta
    Tanner Christensen Jan 03, 2008

I had the exact same experience through Proflowers.com! I recently found out about the 14.95 charges that were happening and didn't make the connection with Proflowers.com but after reading this I saw that my first EasySaver charge was on the same day that my Proflowers order went through. Thank s a ton for this article. It was a great help in resolving my problem as well. They were very helpful in refunding the money, but I won't know that for sure until 7-10 days from now. Next time, no Proflowers order!

Joe Splameto Jan 03, 2008

They did the same thing to me, but they refused to refund my money. I will never buy from proflowers.com again.

• St
    steve benton Jan 06, 2008

I was cheated out of over $100 before i noticed the charges. After calling Easy Saver and ProFlowers, I was able to get all of my money back. The Marketing Director at ProFlowers saw my blog post about this sleazy practice and made sure all of my money was refunded. I'm a little surprised that ProFlowers is STILL allowing Easy Saver to rip-off unsuspecting customers....SHAME ON YOU PRO FLOWERS!!!!

Karen Q. Jan 11, 2008

I also started seeing Easy Saver charges of 14.95 per month after ordering from Pro Flowers.com . But right at the same time I also tried ordering a book I saw on a television infomercial by calling the advertised toll free number. That toll free number was all automated, and I gave my credit card info thinking I was going to receive a book.

I never received the book, but thought the Easy Saver charges meant that my book would be shipped to me soon. I never received the book. Finally I looked on the internet and found lots of other complaints about unauthorized Easy Saver charges. I found this number
    8775648538 and called it today.

When I inquired about how I was signed up for these charges, I was told it was when I ordered something from television, not Pro Flowers. But I'm not entirely convinced since I ordered both at about the same time I started being charged.

From reading other people's complaints, I see that this Easy Saver scam is linked to all kinds of other products and advertising. This needs to stop!

The agent I spoke to today says I will be credit back for the whole 5 months I paid, one 14.95 credit at a time, and that no further payments will be taken out. Well we will see about that. I'm still going to go to my bank and make sure there are no more charges taken out for this Easy Saver.

Karen Q. Jan 11, 2008

Anyone who wants to read more complaints about this Easy Saver/American Leisure scam of unauthorized charges can go to /link removed/ and find lots of entries about it there.

• Be
    Beth B. Jan 27, 2008

I just found the same problem. It's a shame that a company like proflowers is allowing this to happen.

When I contacted proflowers they said I must have clicked on a pop up ad to save $10. I told them that my computer blocks all pop up adds and there was no way I could have done that. Now I have to contact this easy saver and attempt to get my money back.

Wish me luck.

Andrew Marsh Jan 29, 2008

Thank you so much for posting this complaint; it was very helpful. I experienced the same after placing an order through ProFlowers. I contacted Easy Saver and spoke to "Christina" in their "Member Services" department. I explained the situation and how I had found their company listed on complaintsboard.com. She said that people say mean things about everything; for whatever that's worth. She explained that I had agreed to a monthly service charge after clicking on an offer for $10 off my ProFlowers order. She also said that I should have received a confirmation email from Easy Saver with my membership terms. I had her wait on the phone with me while I checked my email. I found no such email. I told her that I never intended to be charged monthly for a service I was coerced into and that I wanted a full refund. She told me that she would reverse the charges and that it would be reflected within the next 7-10 days. I intend to contact ProFlowers as well. I really like their service; it's a shame that they are allowing this scam to continue.

• Di
    Diana P. Feb 02, 2008

We ordered from Pro Flowers from Christmas, and have used them many times. Well never AGAIN.
    I missed the $1.95 charge and that credit card statement. Now this month the $14.95 charge from Easy Saver showed up on our bill. I didn't even know who the company was, so decided to search, and this is where I ended up.
    We never ordered anything except flowers. We have never received anything from the company about becoming a member.
    What I am not understanding is with all these complaints, why are they still allowed to do business, what a shady practice.
    Has anyone ever reported them to the Better Business Bureau? I am gonna try.
    And how dare Pro-Flowers agree to something like this, they should also not be allowed to do business, especially sell peoples credit card numbers.
    Thank you all so much for the much needed insight..

• Di
    Diana P. Feb 02, 2008

The BBB that will handle your complaint is:BBB of Metro Washington DC & Eastern Pennsylvania
    (Washington, DC)
    1411 K St. NW, 10th Floor
    Washington, DC 20005-3404
    Phone: (202)393-8000
    Fax: (202)393-1198
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: http://www.mybbb.org

If you haven't already take a few minutes and file a complaint.

Somebody has to stop them.

christi chamberlain Feb 08, 2008

I was a very loyal customer of Proflowers but no longer! Easy Saver & Proflowers claim I signed up for a "discounts on travel & membership services" costing $14.95 per month when I ordered from Proflowers and that I received a confirmation email, neither of which are true. Both companies were very unwilling to help me resolve this issue and very rude. I can't believe Proflowers would give my personal information including credit card numbers to affiliates or partners without my knowledge. Proflowers stinks & I will NEVER use them again!

• So
    Some Poor Sap Feb 11, 2008

I had to same problem, Luckily my online banking notifies me of charges. Easy Saver changed me 1.95 for initial cost I guess I dont remember.

I purchased flowers from proflowers.com and Clicked the pop up at the end regarding 15.00 coupon or something anyway I got 2 emails one from proflowers and one from easysaver... I purchased the flowers on 2/8 and was charged on 2/11 from easy saver for 1.95. I called Prowflowers at 1-800-776-3569 and told them that I was charged from easy saver and she asked some questions and connected me with easy saver.

I told them I did not intend to sign up with them for any thing. She canceled my service and said I am still eligible to use the 15.00 coupon at proflowers if liked. I asked if by using the coupon would I be signed up again and she said no.

I will have to keep a close watch on my back account for any other strange charges from easy saver..

Hopefully I am only out 1.95.

I should of know better, I tell my kids all the time to not click on any "deal" pop ups or Free laptop offers and here I am doing it myself.

Pretty Sneaky business practice to say the least.

• Da
    David Feb 13, 2008

Respectully you guys are idiots for not reading the fine print. Why would you ever click something that states "JUST ENTER YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS AND ZIP CODE AS YOUR ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE AND CLICK YES BELOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR EASYSAVER REWARDSSM MEMBERSHIP AS DESCRIBED IN" and not read the print to the left.

Hello, blame yourself for not being thorough...

• Ju
    Judith Allen Mar 05, 2008

The same thing happened to me--ordered Pro-flowers for some one - clicked to get the $15 coupon--no emails - nothing--got billed $1.95 - couldn't figure out what it was--got billed again this month $14.95---this is a scam and the government needs to do something about it!

• Ks
    ks Mar 08, 2008

This has happened to me too. Today is Saturday and the numbers I have called say they are not open until Monday. What a rip off. Must be stopped. So glad I found this site or I would be pulling out my hair trying to figure out what Easy Saver was all about!!! They won't mess with me, I will fight till the end! All because I sent a bouquet of flowers to my neice last month!

• Jr
    JR Mar 08, 2008

I noticed the 14.95 charges debited from my checking account after a purchase from proflowers.com a long time ago. Then I googled the so called "easy saver" and this is where I have ended up. I actually called my bank and placed a stop on the charges.
    How do we get these scammers? We have all of these complaints and yet no action has been taken!?!?! They need to be shut down. I have been losing money out of my account and have never seen any coupons or so called benefit from being a member (especially when I never signed up in the first place). I will be getting a hold of the BBB as well as consumer affairs.
    SHAME ON YOU PROFLOWERS!!!

• Am
    Amy Mar 12, 2008

Thanks for posting these complaints. I just noticed a 14.95 charge today and searched through my bank transactions and had another 1.95 transaction back on 2/14/08. My husband ordered flowers for me for Valentine's Day through Proflowers.com. We will not be ordering from them again. It is a shame because there flowers are beautiful and last a long time. I have ordered through Proflowers several times prior to my husbands order and never had any charges. I also had a 71.88 transaction from Freeshipping.com so watch outfor those also. They are affiliated with Easysaver and Proflowers. I called my bank and had this sent to the fraud department. They gave me the phone numbers to Easy Saver and Freeshipping.com. I called and they both immediately agreed to pay back these charges with no questions asked. We were given confirmation numbers. So I will have to wait and see. These transactions are pending transacions that have not actually posted to my account so maybe they will be reversed and never post. Thanks for all the good information that helped me have this matter solved quickly.

• Mm
    MMurphy Mar 13, 2008

Thanks for posting this. I too am on the wrong side of this scam and it all started from a Proflowers.com purchase. Which will be my last purchase from them. I called the number on my CC bills and it's not even a valid number. So I called the number in this post and got my "membership" cancelled very easily. I didn't try to get the money back but I'm hoping this will all go away by my next bill.

Janet Mar 14, 2008

Yep....happened to me too. We just found our $1.95 charge too....I ordered from Proflowers on Wednesday 3/6 and look what it got me. I'll never order from them again. My hubby is canceling my account as we speak.

• Jb
    J Borowski Mar 19, 2008

I agree totally with your comments above about Easy Saver which suddenly appeared on my credit report in January and February 2008 after I had ordered a product called Viapren in January 2008 out of Arizona . However, in my case they added another scam called American Leisure which also appeared on my credit report in January & February 2008. They both exstracted $16.95 apiece from my account. I t00 was not aware that I had somehow been duped. I called Easy Saver located in Lanham, Md., and demanded that they return my money. I spoke to a woman by the name of Halbor Redden (with a very heavy foreign accent) who finally agreed to return my money. While speaking to her I found that American Leisure was also located in her office (some coincidence). Ms Redden agreed to cancel both of these two scams and to return all my money

I never received any communication from these people at any time nor any product or service. Now I fear that my credit card may have been compromised. I have advised my credfit card company to this fact.

• Rb
    R Buck Mar 25, 2008

I just got the charges taken off for one month, that's all. What a rip-off. I will never use Pro-Flowers again...I have no idea how this happened. The print must have been very fine print!

Thanks for everone's complaints...that's how I found the phone number!
    Ruth

• Cs
    C Scott Mar 26, 2008

OMG! this actually happend to me too! I couldnt figure out where the charge was coming from...after seeing this site, i put two and two together and realized that when i ordered flowers for my mother in law, thats when the charges had started of $14.95. I had contacted my bank and they said it was fraud. Finally I decided to "google...Easy saver" and bam...found this site, VERY HELPFUL! so I looked back at my old bank statments and found the same 800 number as posted above. I called the, and they gave me this big speal about how I agreed to a membership when I didnt...didnt even click on the pop up add!!!
    I will NEVER order flowers from proflowers.com again! SO...hopefully I will get my FULL refund like they told me I would! So if its not in my account within the 7-10 days, I WILL BE CALLING THEM EVERYDAY!!! tell everyone...this is a SCAM!

• Br
    Brandi Mar 28, 2008

I just figured out that I was ripped off too!
    Thanks to many of you who've written in for giving me the heads up on what to expect. I have to wait until Monday to call in to Easy Saver and it's an arguement I'm not looking forward to. I now feel like I have some perspective and understanding of what's happened to me.
    Unfortunate for ProFlowers...I was a regular customer and I will now warn everyone not to use their services. What a deceitful thing to do to your customers!

• Br
    Brandi Mar 28, 2008

I just figured out I was ripped off too! I go ogled Easy Saver and found this site. It has been quite informative.

Thank you to everyone who's written in and given me a heads up on what to expect when I call Easy Saver. I feel like I now have perspective and more understanding of how to argue my situation when calling on Monday.

Unfortunate for Pro-Flowers... I was a regular customer and I will now try to prevent others from using their services because of their deceitful tactics.

• Al
    Alice Berry Mar 31, 2008

Well this has been an interesting morning! It started with me reading an online story about a man who said he had been scammed by Easy Saver due to a phone call he received about winning a gift card. The name Easy Saver sounded familiar to me so I did a search and ended up here. Last year I had to start taking over the family finances due to my husband's illness. I noticed a charge on a credit card bill for Easy Saver. I asked him what it was and he had no idea. I checked a couple of statements back and found the same charge. I finally called the credit card company to ask if they knew what this company was, was told it was for discount travel and vacation services, and told them we would never have willingly signed up for such a thing as we don't travel. They checked and the charges went back several months. Apparently this was tied to a magazine subscription my husband had taken out. Luckily, the credit card company canceled all the back charges and stopped any further ones. From the way the credit card company person sounded I think they have run into Easy Saver doing this to several others also as they didn't hesitate to remove the charges.

• Ca
    Cathy Mar 31, 2008

Add me to the list. I was also a loyal Pro Flowers customer...same story as everyone else. I called Easy Saver this am to stop the charges and was told that would happen and I would get a full refund for the charges.

Unfortunately, I too will never order from Proflowers again.

• Ro
    Robert Apr 18, 2008

Yep, had the same thing to me. Well I didn't catch it till recently and they took it out for 10 months!! I called them this afternoon and a lady said she was only able to refund 6!!! She stated that I authorized it and their system wasn't able to refund the remaining. "Sorry but I'll override the 1st 2 and then refund another 4 giving you 6 FULL REFUNDS" I said " you need to go ahead and override those 6 and give me a full refund on my full 10"
    At the end she put me on hold (just like everyone else in sales) and acted as if she can get this authorized and with patience I was able to get a full refund.
    Never again will I use them!

• Valerie Apr 30, 2008

I too was a victim of Easy Saver. I saw a pending charge of $1.95 within a day of ordering and express delivery from Pro Flowers. I saw the offer for a shipping rebate on my next order within my order confirmation from Pro Flowers. I clicked on it, but was not prompted to put in my credit card number. Pro Flowers gave the third party my information. I've contacted the company to get my rebate and they argued at first saying that I gave them permission and that my submission was like my signature. Finally they said they would credit me the charge. I argued with them and told them of all the complaints I saw online about the company and that their practices were criminal.

In addition, I called my bank to dispute the charge, called Pro Flowers to complain and submitted a complaint on the Better Business Bureau. I was shocked at the cavalier attitude of Pro Flowers. I was told by one customer service rep that they have no control of Easy Saver. I told them that this was a scam, spoke to the supervisor who said they will "look into the matter". Even she admitted that the offer isn't very clear. Well, I won't be purchasing flowers from Pro Flowers because of their affiliation with the company. Thank you to all of you who gave specific posts of your experience. I wouldn't have thought to cancel my debit card and get a reissue.

• Je
    Jessica May 05, 2008

This happened to me yesterday! Thanks to Tommas from Maryland. I used your 1800 number above and got them to take me off their membership list. The lady was very pleasant and I'm only out $1.95. Thanks again for the number.

• Sh
    Shane May 07, 2008

Call this number for Easy Saver 1-800-355-1837. The person you talk to is authorized to give you 2 months of the $14.95 back or so they say. She said it would take 7-10 business days for your account to be refunded and they would cancel your membership with this online Easy Saver cr*p!

I called Pro-Flowers and they gave me the number above. It took me 3 months to figure out i was being charged and they said by clicking the $10 off box at the end of my proflowers order that it sends you an email with your sign up information and you are automatically charged $14.95 per month from regardless if you ever open their email.

• Valerie May 08, 2008

I’ve been getting a $14.95 charge to my Bank Debit Card for four months now. I do not authorize any charges to any such service. They say 'membership' when I call the number that shows up: 800-262-6199 they give me a cancellation number CST1040308ES but they have not refund the charges for the amount of $59.80 this company is EASY SAVER. I believe this charge has to be refund to me because they told me the information was taking for a vitamin I was purchased true the Internet.

• Co
    courtney May 08, 2008

Thanks so much for this information. I just ordered flowers for my mom for mother's day and noticed an activation fee of 1.95 and called right away. I will be refunded and no other charges will be put on my account... I hope!!

• Ed
    Ed May 08, 2008

I too was billed for $1.95 and $14.95 by Easy Savor. I called them and they did reverse the $14.95 charge. They kept the initial $1.95 charge. I view them as a scam outfit and I'm surprised that Proflowers is associated with them. The whole setup seems a little shady. I trusted Proflowers. Why I don't know. No reason why I should have. They no longer have my trust. Looks like Easy Savor does attempt to stay within the letter of the law and return the money when the charges are challenged. It's difficult to charge them with deceptive practices when they do return the money when asked. My bet is that they are raking in money (without delivering any service) from people who have never complained or maybe never noticed they are being charged.

Proflowers has lost my business as a result. I wasn't happy with them anyway because they screwed up my Valentine's Day order which triggered the Easy Savor in the first place.

• Da
    Daniel May 08, 2008

For those who were had by the easysaver/freeshipping.com scam through proflowers, forewarning, you always need to 'read the fine print'. I placed an order at proflowers and saw the free shipping ad that tempts you to simply put your email and name in to get up to $15 of free shipping. But, off to the side in small, fine print is the below message. Which saves their ### legally since it is on the same page as the offer. So, always be suspicious of 'free offers'; always read the fine print--nothing is free.
    -Daniel
    Miami, FL

OFFER DETAILS

Activate your membership in EasySaver RewardsSM to claim your $15 gift code good for your next purchase and start saving and enjoying all the benefits and access for the next 30 days for just a $1.95 activation fee billed by EasySaver RewardsSM to the credit card you just entered during your ProFlowers purchase. Please note, by signing up and clicking above, the following information will be transmitted securely through SSL encryption from your most recent ProFlowers order to EasySaver RewardsSM to secure your membership: credit card information; billing address; billing telephone number; and order ID number. To continue after the introductory trial period, do nothing and all the great benefits and savings will automatically continue for just $14.95 per month, billed by EasySaver RewardsSM to this same credit card. You may cancel at anytime, with no further obligation, just by calling the toll-free number contained in the membership information provided to you. And, you keep the $15 Gift Code just for trying EasySaver RewardsSM for 30 days

• Ke
    Kevin McBride May 09, 2008

I had the same thing happen, but I caught it early, and called the number given above, and they were very willing to cancel my membership, and refunded the 14.95 charge.

Charles Warburton May 13, 2008

Cancelled during trial period but have been billed continuosly

Sara May 13, 2008

I felt inclined to post to this blog stream just so that there is one additional complaint out there. I also had the same thing happen to me after my purchase through proflowers this mother's day. I contacted the number posted in the first blog entry. I simply told the woman I wanted to be taken off their membership list and I wanted the $1.95 credited back to my account. I basically refused to let her carry on and told her what I wanted to happen, without any question. She assured me that my name would be taken off and the $ credited back to my account. Meanwhile, I also sent an email to proflowers informing them that I will no longer continue to give them business.

• Df
    DFrench May 13, 2008

I just called and cancelled today. I have been assured that there will be no further charges to my account and that my $1.95 will be credited back to me. We'll see. I told the rep of all the complaints I've read on the Internet and that the agreement must have been in very small print because I KNOW I would have never messed with Easy Saver had I known I was going to be charged for the trial! I'm going to keep calling to verify that I am NOT a member. If I get charged again, I'll have my documentation.

kathy May 13, 2008

I too got ripped off by this deal on pro-flowers. I did have a credit for the full amount without any trouble. Perhaps they had been notified of their deceptive practice by a consumer board. If it were not for this site and getting the #, I would not have made the connection to pro-flowers. I just put easy saver in the search and up this site came. Thanks so much. 5/13/08

• Li
    Linda May 13, 2008

For those commenting about the fine print, especially David 89 days ago who most likely works for EasySaver, I did read the fine print and decided not to take advantage of the offer for a discount. So, I didn't get the special coupon but still was charged by EasySaver.

I will file a complaint with the BBB and let everybody I know to watch out for charges from EasySaver, and to never do business with ProFlowers again.

• Mi
    Miki May 13, 2008

I found the charges when trying to balance my checkbook, I called Easy Saver and they where willing to cancel my members ship. However where not willing to refund my money until I mentioned the BBB. I will now be looking for all my money to be refunded. I will also stick the locate flower shop that I have used before and not some add I saw on TV, guess thats what we get to try to save money.