E-LoanScamming money

Had gone online to secure a loan. Was called by a person representing E-Loan. Approved a personal load up to $3000. Explained the payment terms which was reasonable. Then they told me that I would have to send them $184.00 which would be proof that I had that amount of money. Told me to purchase a "green dot money Pak for $184.00 and call them back with the number. Then they told me the bank would not process the deposit and they needed $184.40 to clear the bank. Again, got a green
got money Pak. Called them back with the number on the card. Called me back and said that they needed to pay Western Union $150.00 to process the transfer of money. Again I sent the money Pak card for $150.00. They then told me it would cost more money to clear the transaction through Western Money. I did not have the money so I said I would call them later in the week. Once I realized this was a scam I called them on 5/7 to ask for the refund of $517.40 which I had purchased in cash for the green dot money pak cards. In the meantime I received a loan from another company (didn't cost me anything). The person Brian Spellman from funding told me I could not get a refund unless I sent them $94.00. We went to battle and they have refused to give me a refund. End of story. I am a senior citizen and cannot avoid to give away $5.00 let alone $500.00. Can anybody help me$$

• Gf
    gfedo19 Jul 04, 2016

hello, i will share this story but i am finding this so unbeliveable

my car is on the last spin on the track and it will have to be retired. i was approved for a 5000.00 loan by these mother f. they deposited 1792.00 into me account but wanted a verification. so i am thinking i was only sending back there own money. they use a treasury check and it was bounced the very next day. i called again before i did this stupid thing. i got in touch with a lower ;level player and she said it would be fine. this is legit, i said i cannot pay for a scam. if the loan is ### just say so. i went ahead and did the deed of sending their money back. well my bank account went upside down. the bank manager gave a copy of that deposit after i had to shut down my accounts, change passwords, and close them down. i just do not know why anyone started this mobile banking ###. they mobile banked and sent a worthless paper and without checking, my bank gave me the credit of the whole check. the bank manager saw the printout and was surprized this even was considered a deposit. i am having to eat the whole thing. i cannot get my car, i cannot pay my rent, i have really no means till the 27th of july. i been in touch with this theif. i said to him do not make me eat the whole thing. how about you take a free 500.00 donation and refund the rest. no matter what i said he would not commit to anything. western union had that warning in black and white on those wire transfered.and i called them back and eloan said it would be ok.. the only thing that was above board was they were so polite while sticking the thing up your ###. contact the fbi and report them is all one can do.-greg3325

• 24
    2448 Jun 26, 2016

I also was scammed. The person I talked to was Mark Steyn
    I also have who I sent the money to and I am wondering
    If we can pull the name up, they have to sign the paper and put their driver license when they pick up the money. I just wish we could stop these people and make them suffer, they way they made others suffer. Does anyone know a lawyer we all could get and try to save them. They also added a person in Tucson to help.

Chkmateto2 Mar 24, 2014

Anyone on this site been scammed by Eloan? If so, please send me a message.

• Ac
    Ace05 Nov 01, 2018

@Chkmateto2 Yes I just got scammed out of 500 dollar I didn't have. I applied for the loan so I can pay for my bills and get presents for my kids. Now I am shirt on bills on the verge of getting evicted. If I contacted the police and file a complaint/ lawsuit would they do anything. I can't afford to lose my money and family because of some scam.