Duracell — aa batteries
I too have had problems with leaking and exploding batteries. This latest incident occurred shortly after placing new batteries ( purchased from Costco) in my Bushnell Scout camera. I started hearing pops and fizzes. I had the camera on my passenger seat and was preparing to set camera up. Looked towards camera and saw liquid coming out of batteries as they continued to pop. I was in my truck, and in closed area - could inhaling this leakage cause health issues?
These batteries came out of a new, unopened package - I believe a 40 pack.
I immediately called Duracel and filed a claim. I was instructed to place each battery in its own zip lock sandwich bag. And to Send my ruined camera, along with defective and leaking batteries to Duracell. I warned to return the remainder of the 40 pack but was told it was not necessary.
Yesterday, I received a letter from Duracell offering $110.00 for my camera that I paid $199.00. They did not offer to refund my money for the batteries or provide free replacement batteries.
I called them and spoke to a supervisor. I ask why am I, the consumer responsible for their defective products?
I had a similar problem a year ago or so. In that instance, I opened a camera and found leaking batteries.
All of the batteries with issues came from Costco. All of my batteries are stored in a cabinet in my laundry room.
So, they sell us a defective product and require us, the consumers to handle these leaking batteries, possibly putting our health a risk.
Maybe it's time for a class action lawsuit. I'm in, sign me up.
More Duracell Complaints & Reviews
- Febreze - Damaged vehicle interior 
- Duracell - leaking batteries 
- Duracell - leaking 
- Duracell Procter & Gamble - batteries leaked 
- Procter & Gamble / Swiffer Wetjet - I am very disappointed with this inferior product and the money I have wasted 
- Duracell - leaked 
- Procter & Gamble (Duracell, Pampers, Lenor) - duracell batteries failing long before expiration date - ruined bluetooth keyboard
- Procter & Gamble - dawn liquid grease dissolver 
- Tide Detergent - tide bottle leaking in my laundry cabinet
- Febreze - Unhappy customer