DRI*DigitalRiver.comunauthorized charge

S

My bank account was charged 69.98 from dir*digitalriver.com i have no idea who they are. I had made a purchase for norton anit-virus and from wuyisource.com, and i called both of these companies and they have no idea who this is either. how do i go about getting my credit back.

jarred pearce Oct 18, 2008

The same thing just popped up on my account, in the exact same dollar amount. I had also just purchased norton anti virus, from the website. Please let me know what comes of your case, because I have the same problem.

• Me
    Merrdy Lockerby Oct 28, 2008

My card account is overdrawn, there are several charges to be paid to Dri*DigitalRiver.com that were made over the last month and a half and I haven't used my card since September 5th.I have no idea who or what this company is and I want this problem corrected.

• Vi
    victor Nov 08, 2008

I was charged for this charge on my account & did'nt authorize it.

• Cl
    cleveland zeigler jr Nov 14, 2008

My account jsut popped up showing $69.95 pending to Dri*DigitalRiver @ www.myord.commnus 021113, I never purchased anything from this company. I called the phone number that I got when I looked up this company and got a voice mail so I have not gotten to talk to anyone yet. How do I stop this and get my money back.

• Ke
    kendra_ Nov 19, 2008

the same thing happened to me and i know who it is, i've been trying to get it cancelled for three years. it's ca anti virus. i FINALLY found a working number and talk to someone...it's 1-800-318-7921.i hope this helps.

Mac Nov 25, 2008

I was just charged $29.99 from the same two sites as Clevland Ziegler. How do I get my money back and prevent this from happening again?

• Da
    daniel Nov 26, 2008

we were just charged 44.95 and we have no clue where there from. were calling our bank to see what we can do.

• Je
    Jeff Feb 23, 2009

unfortunately I did not find this site in time. i just renewed my subscription with norton and just hte same as everyone else I have also found this "DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM WWW.MYORD.COMMNUS " posted on my bank statement. has anyone figured out who these people are?

• Bn
    BNuber Mar 04, 2009

I got charged 44.99 from DRI*DigitalRiver.com www.Myord.commnus. I contacted my bank and was told they will need to cancel my card and I have to put in a disput. I found a number for digital river, 952-253-1234. This company is located in Minnesota. I have called a couple of times. I get an operator who connects you to customer service, but no one ever picks up at customer service. I have also contacted the Virginia Commonwealths Attorney's office to see if these people can be prosecuted.

Joel Pollitt Mar 22, 2009

Me too for 39.95 We need to handle this through our banks first. I also have Norton antivirus but bought it off the shelf. I also have active speed. 1-800-318-7921 this number listed above give it a try.

• Ri
    Rick Bishop Mar 23, 2009

My account was charged 66.98 and I'm still looking into how to get it taken care of. All I can see on my account is www.myord.comMNUS and that got me to this page. If theres anyone out there that knows what to do post it on here OK? Thank You

charlie hernandez Mar 24, 2009

I AM GOING THROUGH THE SAME PAINS MY FRIENDS $69.98 UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION. I AM CURRENTLY TALKING TO MY BANK TO SEE IF WE CAN BLOCK THIS TRANSACTION.

• Sp
    spicewafer Mar 31, 2009

I just got on the internet and purchased a Norton Virus Protection Software to download with my credit card since this worm virus was going to hit on 4/1. It was all the money I had left on my debit card and I was obviously scammed. I never received the downl0ad and I have no way of calling them. WITH THE ECONOMY TODAY, IT IS TRULY A SHAME THAT PEOPLE CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT AFTER STEALING PEOPLE'S HARD EARNED MONEY. I AM A SIGNAL MOM OF 5 YOUNG CHILDREN. I AM ONLY TRYING TO MAKE IT OUT HERE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND I HAVE TO DEAL WITH ### LIKE THIS WHEN I AM ONLY TRYING TO PROTECT MYSELF FROM THE CRIMINALS THAT STARTED THIS VIRUS. NO WONDER SOME PEOPLE JUST GIVE UP.

• Sp
    spicewafer Mar 31, 2009

Truly sad isn't it.

• Da
    Dan May 19, 2009

I was charged $144.98 twice, two minutes apart at 12:30am. DRI*DigitalRiver.com needs to get better online security. What a hassle. I can't make a claim with my bank until after the transactions clear. Whoever did this needs to be put in a dark hole to rot!

• Al
    Allen carter May 24, 2009

I have only purchased Norton 360 once and it is has taken double

• Ly
    Lyn Parker Jul 13, 2009

Charge for 44.95 still "pending" - how sweet (grr). Thanks everyone for posting your comments; will contact my bank. Even though it will take them a while, they should be able to reverse the charge.

The 800 no. listed by Kendra is no longer in service, unfortunately. Did anyone try 'Fraudulent Charge Dispute, " listed above?

Lyn

• Tw
    Twiggz71 Aug 23, 2009

This company is horrible. I have a charge for $119.98 and went to buy my children's school shoes and couldn't because this charge was on my debit card account. I have not purchased anything online with my debit card so I have no idea how they have done this. I am FURIOUS!

• Ve
    VeryAngryConsumerinPA Aug 24, 2009

This company is so shady and what they are doing is illegal! Have you noticed that it is almost impossible to get someone in the US to take your call? I bought virus softward back in March and it took them weeks of harrassment to get me the code to redeem the software! They charged me about $59 which should last me until March 2010...and more importantly, it was a ONE time charge. I find out today that Digital River tried running through a few transactions totaling over $1000 in the past few days! Their one charge of $953 was declined by my credit card, but my cc company did approve a charge of $155. I am so furious!! How is this fradulent company stil in business? I see by the posts that the same horrible situation has happened to many of us.

• Jb
    jbucketman Sep 03, 2009

I also got charged 44.99 from DRI*DigitalRiver.com www.Myord.commnus and was suspicious. The only charge I did was for Norton AV for the exact same amount so Im thinking it's their credit card service.

You think a company as big as Norton would make sure there name would show up on the CC statement instead of DRI*DigitalRiver.com www.Myord.commnus

Hope they don't start charging me more like you guys.

Thanks for all the info
    John

• 33
    3305 Sep 11, 2009

wow
    this to is how i got to this page to.
    my cc statement has a "Unsettled Transaction" from DRI*DigitalRiver.com
    it is only for $1 but from what i see on this page it might be just the starte.
    i think i'm going to call Norton and see what is up.
    if i can not get this fixted than i'm going to cancel my c-card

• Ae
    Aeolis Sep 26, 2009

I actuallly got an email from Computer Associates International, Inc. (CA Security Antivirus) a few days before I noticed an unusual charge while checking my account online

"Your Antivirus 2008 3 User Microsoft Renewal Upgrade subscription has been automatically renewed. The following email is a summary of your order. Look for DRI*CA.comSoftware as the merchant on your credit card statement."

The statement was actually from DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM. I paniced at first, but then remembered the email. There is a customer service number: 1-952-253-1234.

If you go to there website, www.digitalriver.com, and click customer service at the top, they give you the option to enter your email (I know... am i gonna get a lot of spam now?) and the last 5 digits of your credit/debit card and it will reveal what the purchase was (or was supposed to be). In my case, the charge was legitimate.

It could be something like Norton Antivirus that you cancelled, but they never processed it.

I hope this helps!

- Larry

• Te
    terry48_1 Sep 29, 2009

i was charged $149.99 on my account didnt order nothing never heard of these people...my bank trying to get it worked out

• 33
    3305 Oct 02, 2009

up date.
    DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM. is the auto-billing for Norton.
    if you use things that are not part of your pacige you pad for you will be auto-billed for the new thing you are useing.

like if you did not bye the onlin-backup and you try to use it Norton will not stop you
    it will just bill you for it .

if you read the "user agrement" it will tell you all this.

• Pd
    pdmac Oct 13, 2009

I just had the same thing happen to me for $49.99 which turned out to be an automatic update of my CA virus scan software. I forgot that I had setup the automatic update. I called 1-877-694-8509 and talked to a service rep because it was an overcharge for the update. They gave me a rebate for the balance. Make sure you didn't accidentally signup for an automatic update from CA through some other software company. I stopped my automatic updates for the future.

• Ac
    accman Apr 05, 2010

im an account manager.
    Their number is 8668515273
    You can call that number and dispute it with them
    if not call your credit card company after calling them
    and they can help you dispute it as well

• Jk
    jkdc Apr 06, 2010

I had signed up for the automatic renewal option on the CA Internet Security Suite. My original renewal date was 2/24/10 in the amount of $69.99 (1st time my card was charged). Not quite a week later, I received another email offering their newest package for $34.99. (Why would I want to pay full price?) I purchased & downloaded the new version on 3/10/10. The next day (3/11) another charge for $69.99 was put on my credit card.

I called my credit card company and put both of the $69.99 charges in dispute.

Tonight I called the 866-851-5273 (number recommended by accman) and believe I have gotten it resolved. Ramesh has given me confirmation numbers for cancellations on the 2 charges of $69.99.

Lesson learned! Don't go for the automatic renewal option! Thanks, ACC for the phone #!

• Lm
    LMinton Sep 18, 2010

***********DO NOT ORDER NORTON ANTIVIRUS ON LINE - THEY DOUBLE CHARGE THEN REFUSE TO REFUND YOUR MONEY**********

On September 17, 2010 I bought a new computer, then went on line and purchased Norton for a total of $52.99. The next day I had another charge from DRICA.COMSOFTWARE for $44.99. I immediately called Norton and advised them what happened. Of course they denied the charge and claim that it was once a sister company but Norton no longer uses them. Well apparently DRICA still uses them and charges the customers too. Norton will not take any responsibility and will not help to get the customer's money back. Every number that I've called for this DRI is out of service. It is a big scam! I've contacted my bank and was told that I have to wait til the transaction clears then cancel my card and file a dispute. I'm going to do so, then contact Better business and file a complaint with them also.