Dollar Rent A Carcharge for fuel

MY BOOKING NO IS [protected]
MRS M MARTIN
ORLANDO FIOR 14 NIGHTS FROM 8TH JULY 2019

WE collected the car and drove away quite happily. However when we dropped car back at Orlando airport on 22nd July we were told that we should have returned the car full of fuel. However when we picked up the car on the 08th July the fuel tank was not even half full. At the time, feeling very tired after the flight, we did not pick up on the fact that the Dollar Rep at the airport had completed the form to say that the fuel tank was full. It really was not full.
As we did not have the time to go and fill up with fuel I then had to pay a staggering $78.00 for fuel. This is terrible and not atall fair, it is such an inflated amount. I wouldn't have minded paying for the fuel but
1. The car was not full when we picked it up and
2. It cost us about $25 to fill the car up NOT $78 for half a tank.
I would like you to look into this and I would like a refund of $78.00.
I am a travel agent in the UK and we sell car hire regularly. however I do not feel that I will be recommending Dollar unless this refund is applied and then my faith restored. I do not feel that I have been treated fairly.
I look forward to hear from you.
My email is melanie.[protected]@premier-travel.co.uk
I hope to hear from you soon
With regards
Melanie Martin

Me
Aug 21, 2019

Comments

•   Aug 21, 2019

that has been the standard rule of all rental car companies since, like, forever.

its only polite. I mean, you picked up the car with a full tank, you think the company pays for YOUR FREE FUEL???? really???

•   Aug 21, 2019

the STAGGERING 78DOLLARS you had to pay was not only fuel but also paying the company for their time and consideration when you weren't considerate.

its like having to pay an extra 5 dollars at the video rental store when you weren't kind and didn't rewind.