Disneyland InteractiveRise of the Resistance ride

G Feb 22, 2020

To Whom It May Concern,
I took my wife and son yesterday to Disneyland to ride the new ride and experience Star Wars land for a few hours. I bought 3 tickets from my P.E. teachers conference at the Hyatt Regency. We arrived early and hurried to the ride in order to secure our spot. Upon arriving we were told they were no longer accepting boarders and we needed to sign up virtually through an App. I knew nothing about this and with no option to wait in line or stand-by as the park calls it we were out of luck and had to ride Space Mountain for the hundredth time. I've been going to Disneyland for most of my 52 years and have never had this experience - I've had to wait hours in line or for my Fast pass time to approach, but never has this happened before. I can't wrap my head around the fact that I could not wait in a long line if I chose to do so especially after spending about $500.00 dollars after food etc. I just think there has to be an option for old guys like me that don't want to download apps and stare at their phones all day in order to get on that ride. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything when I purchased the tickets warning me about this new system. The same thing happened to us for Fantasmic - sold out at 9:00 am. - crazy! Star Wars land was incredible and we got on the other ride there, but I can't help feeling I wasted a lot of money and extremely disappointed we didn't get a chance to ride what I've read is an incredible ride.
Thank you for letting me vent.
Sincerely,