Having problems with Kings Island?

6300 Kings Island Drive
Kings Mills, Ohio

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kings Island.

Complaints & Reviews

Kings Islandvisit

My family and I have been coming here for years! We went as kids, and now we take our kids. We visit the park at least 10-12 times a year. However our last visit October 12 was a complete bummer. We drove hours to visit the park. And this visit we waited a quite a bit of time for the rides which is normal but rides kept closing down as we were already waiting for awhile and made us get out of the lines. Happened more than once this visit. We arrived at 11am right when opened. Unfortunately we only got to ride 5 big rides because of the rides kept being shut down. I get things happen but it was ridiculous. And we ate at a BBQ places and the young man working charged us double for two meals and we didn't realize until we walked away and he didn't give us a Receipt. Went back and told him he charged us double for food. Meals were like 11 something after tax and it came up to 45 dollars for two meals. He said without our receipt he couldn't do anything. I told him to look for ours that he threw away and he refused. Very disappointed with our family trip.

Jul 28, 2019

Kings Island — handicapped and autism epilepsy access considerations

We are a family of 3. 2/3 are severely disabled. Our 19 year old son that we have Legal guardianship of...

Kings Islandstaff

Us too they open at 10 ...me and Ben's family got into a fight again last night so I didn't sleep till like 4 am SMH...she never ever text me not on kairi birthday Christmas nothing for over two years but just so happens to text me and ask why Ben hasn't been going to work (he works with his brothers )...so me and Ben got into it and he swears to God he been going and showed me his time card witch shows he did ! ...(his family was just trying to start [censored] to get me and Ben fighting )...so after going off on her in the phone and all her brothers swearing Ben wasn't there I texted her (I'll show you) and her ass going to say sorry didn't mean to text you hendid go to work it was a joke sorry for the confusion ...like [censored] !! Your going to be confused when you get punched I'm not in the mood at all for "jokes!" Like y'all ruined my entire life once it isnjitnhapping again

Kings Islandcustomer service

On 5/27/19 we filed a lost/found report. For 7 days we could see the phone. Showed it to the ride workers they said yes we can & will retrieve it after hours. 7days later it was still there . We did this for 7 days. Finally I went to customer service supervisor after being told multiple excuses being being treated rudely. He made sure it was retrieved. Next day & everyday since I was told they don't know what happened to it that who ever found it did not turn it in. It was out of their hands. Ok you leave it sit there for a week even though they claim to walk it nightly. Boss makes them do their job then boom. phone gone not their problem any more. nothing they can do. Wrong. They get rude tell me next time don't bring a phone? not their problem? It was in his pocket yes it flew out on Banshee along with his glasses. We could see it couldn't get past fence. Sat for 7 days. Them it along with everything around it disappears. I think not. Either they took it personally or thru it away. BAd service bad employee's bad management. To keep a locker all day is same as a ticket. Thanks for teaching our young people how bad people really are turning in complaints do nothing.

Kings Islandnothing being done about 3 boys running up and grabbing my 12 yr old daughter while yelling loudly

On May 31, 2019 we were standing at the turkey leg stand paying for food. All of a sudden 3 teenage ( 15-17 yr olds) come running up on us and screamed loudly while grabbing my 12 yr old daughter by the waist. We were advised that there are no cameras on that busy intersection right by the entrance, yet we have employees as witnesses. We made a Incident report and followed up continuously to see if anything was done. Nothing. We are gold pass holders and just want our money back because we will not be returning. At no time is it acceptable for a young girl to be touched . We have called for 2 weeks almost trying to get our passes refunded over this incident and just keep getting the run around. I guess I need to get the news involved!! That's my next step! Trisha Shirley/Nicholas Sedam [protected]

Kings Islandpasses

I would like to know why there isn't either a reduced price for children or a preschool pass, why do we need to pay full price for a half size child?
          They can't even ride half the things in kiddie land until they're a certain height, and they really can't ride anything in the rest of the park.
          I want to buy a passes for my grandchildren but can not afford the same price as my pass.
          If you could send me an answer to why this is that would be great.

Kings Islandcustomer service

Went to get season passes for me and my kids, everything was fine, I supposed to get the payments plan, I signed all the annoying agreements and I used my Visa card, later that night I found that they charged me for $473 dlls, I contacted Customer Service, she told me that I signed all the agreements and it's nothing they can do, she was rude and didn't let me talk, asked me if I know the girl who sold me the passes, how I supposed to know her name? Bad service.

Kings Islandguest services and general experience

Me and my friend decided that this year we were going to buy gold passes for both of our families. We each bought 5 gold passes. We diceded that we would go just us and the teens on Friday and take the whole family Saturday. We should have known not to return just for the incidents from friday. First of all most everyone in that park is incredibly rude. You work at an amusement park, put a smile on and change your dismissive tones. Second horribly terrifying situation was that we decided to ride the (our 2nd ride) Invetago and as we were cranked up and left hanging facing the ground for almost 30 mintues with a 13 and 15 year old thinking they were going to die. The first woman we spoke to after finally getting down was very kind but as we went to guest services to explain the 2 fast passes we were given for "time lost" was the phrase they kept using, just didn't feel sufficient considering they we were thinking about not coming back out of fear. They behaved like we were over seeking compensation. Well if we seemed like that hmmmm i wonder why? What's the price on your child's on own life or just traumatic events.. We were simply asking for something different because we didn't really want to ride the rides anymore. But we were dismissed feeling like we had done something wrong in the end. Day 2, Saturday. We decided to give KI another chance because of the smaller kids and other family members who didn't get to go. Second ride of the day once again. My boyfriend lost our keys on Banshee! Oh no! But someone said they spotted them. I had my baby and 3 small children with me and live an hour away, so i rushed up to guest services and told them what was happening and begged them to please go look or get them. I was met again with a very nasty man saying there was nothing he could do and I'd have to wait till after 10 at night to even have someone go look. I explained to this man that those are the only keys i have for my car and house and what am i supposed to do if come 10 they couldn't find them?! I just needed to know if they were at least mine or not so i could make other arrangements before it became to late to do anything at all and i was stuck. He still dismissed me after this i was angry and sick of all of them. I explained what happened the day before and he rolled his eyes and said that was just a mechanical issue... Actually that was mine and my CHILDS LIFE in the hands of God is how it felt to us but thanks for acting like our trama doesn't matter. So i was getting no where and he said he'd call rides to see what they could do, i couldn't look at him any longer so i left my number and decided to take matters into my own hands and walked over to Banshee. By the time this man called back to say they couldn't help me, someone was there the shut down the ride to look for my keys. They never found them saying they must have fell threw the grate net and that they would look more and then call me. I never received any calls from anyone and ended up spending over 300 dollars to have a locksmith come make a new key for my car. I am a very unsatisfied customer. I know it our fault our keys got lost by not taking proper messures but they could habe been kinder and tried more at guest services. Rather than ask how old my kids were and then basically tell me to fk off. I want something done, I want these situations recognized.

Kings Island the Haunt — unwanted subscription and charges

Still waiting on my unwanted subscription to be cancelled!! Im owed 42.99 and customer service is ignoring me...

Kings Island

Kings Island — customer service

This year when planning a birthday celebration for myself I thought it would be an amazing day if my family...

Kings Island — drink cup

I purchased a drink cup with my Kings Island season pass this year. This gives you free drinks when visit...

Kings Island — customer service and staff stole my phone

We visited Kings Island on Tuesday, July 12 and I dropped by phone at the end of the Fire Hawk ride into a...

Kings Island — season pass upgrade

We bought season passes at Kings Island for 2014 season (this season) back in the end of 2013 and now half...

Kings Islandruined vacation / lied to

Let me see, I paid $192.00 for tickets to get in after calling Kings Island ahead of time and being told I could get a 2nd day ticket for $15.00 each ticket, so I get a hotel room for 2 days cost at $140.00 a night, go to the park with the 3 kids and wife, lady takes our tickets and again informs us yes, before 6 o'clock go get 2nd day tickets for $15.00 each.We got ride the coasters, no lines at all, riding Banshee and Diamondback without a wait (even got the boys on the Beast) which is a HUGE accomplishment. Spent another $175.00 on drinks, food, everything. Then it's time to go get 2nd day tickets, And after an hour and a half, and 2 supervisors (who by the way probably weren't any older than my kids) they inform me those extra day tickets for 15 dollars are for if we came to the park after 5 the previous day for a half day, and the only way to get a 2nd day ticket would be to purchase them for $26.00 each, which is not what was informed to me by the lady when we called Kings Island before we even came or by the lady at the gate who took our tickets that morning. In no part of my conversations did I ever state I'd like a half day and full day pass. 2 days simple. So now I've wasted almost 2 hours at the park while my family is getting rained on (It was fitting after the crap that was going on). So now I'm highly upset, nothing they can do about it. So I make one last attempt to see if there was anyone else I could try to call and salvage what has turned into a mess. I call Kings Island as i'm walking back to the family and getting soaked, at this point it's the principle of everything, i'm not paying an extra $11.00 a ticket after being told 2 times it would be $15.00. I get another person on the phone who after explaining everything, just up and calls me a LIAR on the phone, I stopped in my tracks saying " what did you just call me" as she tried to backtrack, but in the end the conversation got me nothing. Went back got the family, it was raining still and the coasters were shut down, so we left. The kids and Shannon and I got to swim in the hotel pool the next day instead of Kings Island water park. Moral of this story is Kings Island more than once misunderstood the difference between 2days at your park and a day and a half at the park and would not fix their mistake and instead of looking at what we had already spent and more than likely spent again, were more worried about getting the extra $11 per ticket than fixing a problem and now in return has lost a family of 5 from going back again. Thanks for the wonderful memories Kings Island It was a vacation my family and I will always remember. Can't get photo of our day says to large. 6/24/14 photo at kamansart.com [protected]

Kings Island — rude customer service

Wonderful experience. But today has been different. He is 17 yrs. old and enjoys life to the fullest. Today...

Kings Island — bad service

My wife and I have been fans of Kings Island for quite some time--in fact, my wife has been to the park for...