Resolved Disney Movie Clubcan't cancel the membership

K Review updated:

i just recently started a membership with disney movie club about 2 mhts ago. and i just checked my bank account and the just charged $39.00 for movies i did not order or want. I have been not able to find where to cancel my membership and there's not even a contact number at all. How is that they have all this places to go to buy a movie or buy whatever, but no where to cancel the mebership.

Sallie Jameson Oct 06, 2008

All i want to do is cancel my membership!!!

• Zx
    zx Oct 06, 2008

I found out that you have to pay for about two years of membership before you can cancel. And they also bumped me up to some platinum or gold membership which was over $100 per month. we were getting 5 new movies every week!!!

I had to pay a lawyer about $5000 to get out of the membership plus pay over $2000 to ship the crates of movies back...

Jane Oct 29, 2008

Add me to the list of people who want to cancel but can't. I've met all my 0bligations, written them three times to cancel, but they don't resp0nd and keep sending stuff.

I feel like I'm swimming up hill against warm jello. And by the way, overall I could have got the DVDs more cheaply just about anywhere, without the hassle.

• La
    Lacey Jan 21, 2009

I have been trying to cancel for almost a year now... there is NO customer phone number except an automated response line for the monthly featured film. The website intentionally (in my opinion) has no information on how to cancel an account. I fulfilled my obligation a year ago and am still recieving and sending back movies, and there is no way to remove credit card information.

• Je
    JENNA Jan 31, 2009

I am also trying to cancel membership with them and I agree with you Lacey - I think they intentionally do not include a "cancel my membership" link anywhere on their website (and believe me I have looked!). I have called and can never speak to a live person, I have emailed, no response. My next call will be to my local news station's "consumer complaint" hotline, and then to the Better Business Bureau. I didn't expect this from a company like "Disney". That's why I chose to join DMC because it was Disney, whom I assumed I could trust. Guess not! DO NOT JOIN THE DMC UNLESS YOU PLAN TO REMAIN A MEMBER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!

• Am
    Amm Feb 18, 2009

It's not that hard... I just called and canceled mine. It took less than 5 minutes. If you know your account number you can call 1-800-362-4587, or if you don't know your account number you can call 920-521-4015.

• 18
    1808864 Mar 04, 2009

If you read the terms & conditions, it would tell you they have Feature titles out every 4 weeks that you need to respond to in order for it not to ship, and if you don't they automatically ship & and you check a box that authorized them to charge your card. They have their number listed on your catalogs & website. You have to call them to cancel your account, only if you fulfilled you commitment

• 18
    1808864 Mar 04, 2009

I don't see how you people can make something so simple so complicated.

• Po
    P.Oed in Alberta Mar 06, 2009

CONTACT BBB AND MAKE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT, I DID! As far as I'm concerned poor old Walt would be rolling in his grave if he knew how his company is ripping people off! My family and I (a total of 16 people) were going to go to Disney World last Christmas for 10 days. After the hassle I have had trying to cancel my subscription(yes, I did fulfill my obligations) we decided to go to a different location for our holiday. Why should we put MORE of our money into their company in any fashion? Can we start a boycott against this company?

• Di
    diane Mar 29, 2009

on the disney web site i checked my bank statement i did not order movies our open a account with them i was charged 300.00 dollars
    here
    is a number u can call.1-800-362-4587

• Me
    mellynpar Apr 23, 2009

Thank you Amm for providing the non-800 number. For those cancelling, they try to sell you more. I was also told I could receive up to 3 more mailings until this went into effect. Supposedly I don't have to respond to those, we will see...

Jan E. Mason Apr 24, 2009

Please cancel my membership to the Disney Movie Club. I am on Social Security and just can't afford to buy anymore. My great-grandson in Texas has however ejoyed those he received tremendously. I believe that I have fulfilled my agreement with you, but if you show a difference, please contact me by email:[email protected] Thank you Jan Mason

My membership code is 3404596

• Be
    Bejm2018 Nov 20, 2018

@Jan E. Mason You need to call the number to cancel 18003624587 best of luck

Jan E. Mason Apr 24, 2009

I don't have a complaint. I "have" to cancel my membership due to finances and cannot find where to request this action. Please do not deduct any more money from my checking account. Membership No is 3404596. thanks Jan Masonab249

• Be
    Bejm2018 Nov 20, 2018

@Jan E. Mason Call 18003624587 8am-8pm central time

Jan E. Mason Apr 24, 2009

Guess this could go on forever! What's the deal?

• Cm
    cmeg Apr 24, 2009

"poor old Walt "-- LOL do a ###ing internet search on Walt Disney- he was much more ###ed up and crooked than the people running disney now

• Ak
    akaMEGO Apr 25, 2009

GEEZALOO! I just spent over an hour combing through every FAQ. There is no link on the website. I called the 800 number with no luck because it's Saturday. I'll call back Monday and they aren't going to know what hit them!

• Di
    Disney_sucks May 06, 2009

This is such an awful company... which is really weird since it's Disney! They try to pretend they are all about making people happy. Don't go anywhere near them if you can help it, not worth it at all.

For those of you who say that "we are making something simple complicated, " There is absolutely no contact info on their website and no way to cancel the membership.

This company seems illegal to me, a consumer, but i'm sure somehow they barely crossed the fine line into legality.

• Su
    Suzann May 06, 2009

For two months Disney has charged my account even though I declined the featured selection well before the deadline then had the gaul to keep the cost of shipping.

There is no contact info on their website and the whole deal is stinking of fraud! I can't wait till I complete the deal and get rid of them.

Do not join this crooked company!

• Sh
    shygal66 Jul 12, 2009

I fullfilled my agreement four months...yes 4 months ago and they will not cancel me.
    I have called them several times a week for 4 months and canceled yet again...funny how I only signed up once and have caneled now...hummm I have lost count.
    I have turned in my phone records with the BBB, see I also told them that I was recording our conversations for quality and training purposes..and am seeking legal advice on how to stop dmc from continuing these fraudulant practices.
    Good luck wiht all of your troubles with dmc.

• Th
    this display name is taken Aug 17, 2009

the 800 number AMM provided is definately the one to call! and too Lacey... PUSH ZERO! if you will be patient enough to listen to all prompts, at the very end it instructs you to push zero if you want to speak to a cast member.

• Ni
    NickAnjali Sep 12, 2009

I AM under 18 and i ordered the damn movies. I want to cancel but i don't know how to. My email is [email protected] Please email me and help me.

• Up
    upsetjazmin Sep 21, 2009

i called the 800 number provided by Amm and had to go around the automated system for about 5 mins before getting a live person. once i did get thru she tried to sell me a "dissapearing feature" which i was willing to buy at the advertised sale price of 14.95 but of course i was told i didnt qualify and would need to pay the original price of 21.95. she didnt even try to work with me to keep me as a customer. for a disney company, i have to say i am appalled at the lack of quality customer service. i have had numerous problems with this company as far as the monthly items they send. after i cancelled i advised them that i had one dvd i wanted to return and was told that if i tried to return it, my account would be reopened and i would continue as a member. i guess ill have to eat the forty bucks they charged me for it bc it is just a big hassle.

DO NOT JOIN THIS MEMBERSHIP- you would think disney would be trustworthy but nope just another scam.

• Je
    Jerel conley Dec 01, 2009

For the Disney Movie clube call 888-257-9100 you will talk to a person.

• Ps
    psych0 Dec 06, 2009

i have the same problem. i couldn't log in or get a person on the phone.

my membership number is 3968641
    i wish to cancel it. thank you.

• Th
    The siren Dec 19, 2009

i am having the same problem with getting out. i bought the high end expencive movies like they told me to and i am only on 2 movies this is crap.

DMC Member Advoce Dec 21, 2009

I'm sorry you are having an issue with the Disney Movie Club, we definitely want to assist you in any way we can. Please call 1-800-459-7002. For fastest service please have your member number when you call. Your membership number can be found in the upper right hand corner of your Featured Title card in the membership information box or if you recently received an order, your membership number can be found at the top of the enclosed invoice. If you do not have your member number, please call 1-920-521-4015.

Also, the Disney Movie Club website is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.disneymovieclub.com where you can send emails to our customer service cast members, place an order, or learn more about the club.

Disney Movie Club Member Advocate

• Cm
    cmannering Dec 22, 2009

I have attempted 5 times now to cancel the club. For financial reasons. I fulfilled the membership in August and am still receiving movies even though I requested to get out of the club. Twice now my account has been over drawn and I have had to pay insufficient fund fees. Disney Movie Club is entirely unprofessional and should be ashamed of themselves. I will never join again nor will I speak kindly of the program to anyone I know.

• Kc
    KCTX Jan 12, 2010

WOW... what a scam... thank you for all of your comments above. It helped me get to a live person faster. I never signed up, never got movies, yet did receive a bill via the mail! Ran in circles to get to someone live and when I did, she told me there was a visa (which was not mine) AND an email address (which was not mine) used. Seemed to question me (many times) if I did, indeed, get the movies and maybe I DID order them and just forgot! I am still on the phone with them after 15 mins. She has been very nice thus far, but just no help. I told them I wanted written verification that I am removed from this list. She said they would send it... I am truly shocked that Disney is a part of this. VERY disappointing. If they ARE legit, then MUCH better job is needed in their communications, written notices, phone numbers, accessibility, and protocol.

• Ms
    msbussard Feb 18, 2010

if you call the 1-800 number and keep going through menus you will eventually get a person. i chose the billing option and pushed 0 until the menu sent me to a "cast member".

mamamema Apr 30, 2010

this company is a bunch of shady thieves. 2x in 3m they have supposedly removed my card info when unauthorized orders have been shipped - unbeknownst to me (I find out when embarassed at the grocery store when my debit card is declined). All I get is "we're sorry..." I am ready to go find this customer service center and let them feed my kid since our groceries are yet again non-existent because of DMC. I finally got somewhere by calling the Walt Disney Corp. in California (818-560-1000). It's their corporate name on this movie club, so they don't want to look like crap.

DMC Member Advoce May 03, 2010

I can assist you please call me directly 800-459-7002. Thank you!

• I0
    I'mdone May 05, 2010

I have been charged for the past 2 months now for features that I have declined. I spoke with a rep at the customer care center but he informed me that it was my fault for using the card that I did and that the $70 in overdraft fees that has occurred is non refundable. I'm not clear how it is my fault when I held up my end by going online & declining the featured selections before the due dates. My card should have never been charged in the first place, so now I'm out $140 until I return the features that were sent to me. I have 3 kids to feed & I have lost my job & $140 will buy quite a bit of groceries. Can anyone please help!?!

• I0
    I'mdone May 05, 2010

Call 1-800-459-7002 & you will get the help. I called as soon as I made the last post & within hours she had called to help me.

• Jc
    jchapm17 May 06, 2010

I've noticed on my bank statement for the last two months I've been charged $39 for the Disney Movie Club, which I don't think I ever signed up for. I haven't recieved anything, I don't have a member ID number, and I can't find any kind of account in my name online. Can I remove the account based on my credit information?

• Ra
    Ray T Jun 11, 2010

Made an order and as soon as I finished, didn't want the movies.got billed and now have movies I ordered.Canceled the order a few seconds after making it.will tell every one I meet how this company operates.hope to cost you a lot of business!!!Disney movie club got me so I can let you know how they can't get you!am sending movies back and will never buy or support Disney in any way other then to tell my story over and over.If I keep one person from joining this club I'll be very happy.

• Pa
    pacharin Jun 13, 2010

I am customer number 4502599, So I got a problem with my account on Disney Movie club because I did not agree with order number 56224470 but they charge my money in my credit card for 40$.I need you check for me and Let's me know how can I refund my money back and I want to cancel a membership, too
    Thanks

DMC Member Advoce Jun 15, 2010

Pacharin,
    Thank you for speaking with me yesterday to have this resolved. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call me directly at 800-459-7002.

DMC Member Advoce Jun 23, 2010

I sincerely regret the experience you had with the Disney Movie Club. I can certainly assist you with this.
    Please call me directly at 800-459-7002.

mandi 82 Jul 01, 2010

the same thing happen to me, i called to decline a movie and the system ordered it, , , i emailed them and called also. they were not there, , so i tried back and spoke to someone they told me they could not do anything about stopping it, but that i could return it, , the next day i got a email telling me my movie had been shipped., now 2 weeks after sending it back i still dont have my money back on my card...

• Jc
    JCarr Aug 11, 2010

The Disney Movie Club website does not list any way of contacting customer service. Nor do they list any way to cancel. Once I started to search other sources for the steps to cancel, it was simple and without hassle. But I have issue with a company that doesn't want to tell its customers how to contact them.

I have also had issues with receiving movies that I declined. However, because it didn't matter if I declined or not (they sent them anyway), I was able to fulfill my membership obligations in record time.