Disney Movie Clubcan't cancel the membership

K Review updated:

i just recently started a membership with disney movie club about 2 mhts ago. and i just checked my bank account and the just charged $39.00 for movies i did not order or want. I have been not able to find where to cancel my membership and there's not even a contact number at all. How is that they have all this places to go to buy a movie or buy whatever, but no where to cancel the mebership.

• Ad
    Adam Gill May 31, 2019

Since Disney is supporting the murdering of babies, I cancelled my membership.

• Ty
    Typical Plays Jan 01, 2019

Get a new card! easy as that

• Is
    isababes Aug 29, 2018

call [protected]
    press 1, put your membership number, confirm your zip code, press 5, press 1, wait on the line. Tell them you want to cancel your membership and don't let them talk you into staying!!
    it took me 15 minutes to figure it out. I regret joining tis club they charged me for so many movies I didn't want and wouldn't return them either.

• Zo
    Zobbfiree Aug 06, 2018

I am underage and need to cancel!!! Got it for credit and it hasn't been charged yet. Refund!!! #9532017

• Ar
    Arharden30 Jun 09, 2018

How do you cancel subscription to disney movie club? I Have been trying for a couple months now and can't find anything on website. I have fullfilled my agreement like 5 to 6 months ago. I want to cancel it because i can't remember to go on and decline the movie selections.

• Al
    Aleena J. Jun 06, 2018

I just called [protected] and talked to a lady about cancelling my membership and it was no problem she's even refunding me the $2.00 that was already billed to my card. All I have to do is send back the movie (which she is mailing me a box with pre-paid s&h to do so) then my membership is cancelled and I won't receive anymore charges!!! Thank you Disney movie club!!! I might even sign back up when I have enough to afford it!!! :)

• Ge
    Geeky Fanatic Jan 06, 2018

Apparently, you need to buy at least six (or five) movies before you can cancel your membership, which is impossibly expensive and [censor] up already. Honestly, all I can advise you to do is cancel the card they're billing you on. It works quicker and easier.

• Fy
    Fyn Ramsay Oct 23, 2017

This is such a rip off. I was required to do it for human verification for a giveaway, and now I can't get rid of this. I am only 17, and I have
    No money. I keep sending the post back with the box checked for the "do not send me featured title" and luckily I havent gotten any notifications or emails saying that I was charged for it, or attempted to charge me from the 4$ I own. I am just fed up with this. I will never be able to afford to fill the obligations, and I just want this [censor] gone.

• Mc
    MCota Nov 22, 2015

I was thinking of getting the membership until I read all these reviews, anyway I was thinking since there is no way to cancel the membership through their end then it might be easier to just call your credit card company ( the one they have on file) and cancel it and get a new one with a different number that way they no longer have your billing information especially if you already met your membership obligations.

• Jw
    Jwatkins317 Mar 10, 2015

My problem is different. I have yet to see it here. I have no problem with my membership. Infact I'm on my last purchse of featured titles before I need no more. My problem is I paid for a movie outside of the featured titles. And was charged twice. According to the computer system they charged once. According to the bank statement it was twice. So as asked I had my bank send a fax showing that it was charged twice. This fax has been sent twice now and recieved. And I'm now being asked to sent it a third time so it can be reviewed again. They started a domino affect with my account. So they have encircled $150 in charged and I've been told for a month now that they will fix it. And it still isn't fixed. I can't do anything with the account right now so it's just sitting in the negative. I'm tired of the run around. And right now I'm waiting to see if the movie I actually ordered shows up because the original did not and had to be reordered. How do we fix this?
    Member # 7519629

• Kr
    Krystle S. Sep 02, 2014

Whoaa... that's a lot of negative feedback Disney! I would definitely make some changes to your business if this is how a lot of your customers feel. I will look into this DMC site for some positive feedback because I know there is always the negative with any company. Just because these 50 individuals had bad experiences doesn't speak for all the other thousands or even millions of other customers. Think about that...

• Am
    amyleo Feb 08, 2014

Ive been a disney movieclub member n they charged me $340.00 for movies Ive havent gotten in the mail yet i want my money back..

• Mj
    MJKQ Feb 08, 2014

Just today, I was startled when I heard a loud knock on my front door. The postal guy delivered a package and asked for a payment of $5.00 plus for shipping and handling. I was puzzled because I have no idea of what he is asking me to pay for. He said the package was from DMC...I thought hard but still, it did not ring a bell because I really haven't placed any order from any company. It was only seconds later that I realized that for sure it was from Disney Movie Club! Suddenly, it hit me hard! Here they are again with their scamming tactics! I refused the package. I did not accept it because I DID NOT order anything from them and I am very sure I declined the featured title from last month and this month. A few months ago, I also received a bill from DMC for a movie that I haven't received nor ordered, hence, I sent them a complaint letter regarding the matter. It's a good thing my credit card was cancelled so they were not able to charge me illegally. I was also a victim of this fraudulent act. Twice in the past, they had been sending me movies that I did not order or had already declined and still charged my credit card. I did not complain even though I already have those titles in my collection, which, I have bought cheaper from another store before ( the movies that they sent were not even new movies! ). The third time that they did it again, I returned the movie but I had to shoulder the shipping cost. It is very upsetting that I had been scammed by this company not just once, but several times because I did not know how and where to complain. Can somebody please tell me how to properly report DMC to the authorities?
    Thank you.
    MJ

• Ca
    Callaway2014 Jan 15, 2014

Thank goodness I read this! Reminds me back in the day of ordering records or CD's...I think I might just buy my son the blanket and keep away from this drama. In fact, I have contacts who work for Disney that I will forward this link to. Thanks a bunch all!

• Lo
    londontipton Jan 10, 2014

I didn't even realize I was joining anything, I thought I was just buying some Disney movies. I WANT OUT NOW. they've sent me several movies I didn't order and had to return, overdrafted my debit card which I no longer have and sent me notices from collection companies over movies I returned and did not want in the first place. There's no way in hell I'm paying full price for 5 DVD's just to get out, I want out NOW.

• Su
    Suemc Jan 09, 2014

I received a invitation to join in the mail. It says to if you want to receive your purchase even faster you can join on line and just enter the promotional code. However if you enter the code first it by - passes the movie selection if you enter your movie selection first it by passes the promotional code. Part of the promotion is to receive a plush blanket and if you use your credit card you get the first 5 movies for even cheaper. And the final agreement is to buy 5 more movies but the pricing from the mailed promo and whats on line is completely different. Because there is too much difference I have chosen to purchase my Disney movies else where.

• Bu
    busymomof2 Dec 09, 2013

I'm glad I haven't joined yet. Thank you to all of you for the heads up. I cant afford for my account to be over charged. Sounds safer not to take any chances.

• Ab
    ABSOLUTELY CONFUSED Oct 02, 2013

Wow, all of these complaints are a bit much! I was going to join the club, but after reviewing all of these complaints in which I read every single one of them, I decided not to order anything from this website.

• Ms
    ms. mommy Sep 24, 2013

wow! thank god i clicked on this site before ordering from DMC! Thank you all soooo much for the heads up!

• Mi
    Michelle Gar Mar 14, 2013

Disney Movie Club membership commitment is to buy 5 movies at regular price and then you will become a VIP member. I Question Disney's integrity due to the fact that the regular priced movies are considerably overpriced, more than double. A VIP membership does not offer cheaper movies through the club, any retail store or local cable provider had better prices. I will no longer buy Disney products or services based on my experience with DMC.

• Ta
    tammie mccullough Jul 30, 2012

I dont want this and you are not to charge my card cause I dont want it was to be a trial and Im done cant aford it so dont charge me for it I didnt order anything but wat I have payed for

• Th
    Thanks2God4savinme Jan 16, 2012

Wow! I was so about to join right now but came across this thank God and will definetly not be joining im so glad i didnt fall into this trap i thought it was a good deal but now i know i wouldnt be able to afford it. Thanks alot everybody!

DMC Member Advoce Oct 17, 2011

Thank you for your input. I will certainly forward your suggestion along.

NoMoreDMC Oct 08, 2011

It would be very easy for DMC to provide a "cancel" link, or at least an email address. DMC Advocate, how about adding this feature instead of telling everyone to call you once they are upset? The information on the site is truly ridiculously lacking, to the point of being a dishonest trade practice. I got the phone number, I will call and cancel, but I did not get it from the web site. Something is wrong there.

DMC Member Advoce Jul 22, 2011

Thank you for your comments. I would like to speak with you and find out how you are trying to cancel. If your commitment is met and you simply give us a call requesting to cancel we will honor that request. Could you please contact me directly so we can discuss your experience and find out where the breakdown occured so I can fix this? My email is [email protected] and direct line is [protected]. I look forward to hearing from you!

• Sc
    ScamVictimHere Jul 22, 2011

i am having trouble cancelling my account. I don't get how you can make it soooo easy for someone to sign up for your services, but after the obligations have been fulfilled, make it so hard to cancel the membership. Seems like disney is making a fortune by scamming the people they are pretending to care about. Seems like a bunch of corporate scam artists running the company and a million little rats following the pied piper...sick and disgusting. I am appauled that there is this "advocate" reading the postings here and they don't do anything on the corporate level to force them to change the way they do business and stop ripping people off.

DMC Member Advoce Jul 11, 2011

Orion's Bell,
    I regret you had a bad experience with your Featured Titles. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. My direct phone number is [protected] and email is [email protected]

DMC Member Advoce Jun 02, 2011

KMontgomery,
    There is no need to cancel a credit card. You can simply ask to have your credit card removed if you placed a debit card on file. We do recommend not using debit cards because if you miss a deadline, no one would like the unexpected charge. Email me your membership details if you would like your card removed from your account. Please keep in mind, you will still need to respond to your Featured Titles. It does happen up to 15 times a year. Email me with any questions or concerns, I am here to help!
    [email protected]

• Km
    KMontgomery Jun 02, 2011

I don't think it's a scam so much, I understand that I signed a contract. However, I feel like I am being solicited constantly and I know I am declining movies several times a month. My account has been overdrafted twice for movies that I did not order or want and it takes weeks to get a refund. I love how it takes a company 24 hours to take out my money but it takes 30 days to get it back. Also they do not make it easy to cancel but they are not the first company to do so. I had a credit card that had no cancellation information, I had to do a search on how to cancel my card.

DMC Member Advoce May 26, 2011

I do regret you feel that way. Thank you for your valuable input, I will be sure to forward your comments to the appropriate people in the organization. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] Thank you.

• Fe
    FedUpWithScams! May 26, 2011

I think if Walt Disney were alive he would be very upset about how this is all being handled!!! One would think with such a huge name company, this would not be happening. I don't understand why they need to pull this kinda crap if they are such a large wealthy prosperous company! Its just sad to me that this is happening to everyone! I will not be recomending them to anyone now. Save them the hassle. If you can sign up online... shouldn't you be able to cancel online as well?

• Or
    Orion's Bell May 24, 2011

FOLLOW UP: Called DMC - I was told that the fact the monthly packets didn't arrive for TRON and The Incredibles "is not our problem. Our records show the packet was sent out." I mentioned the federal law of keeping unordered merchandise for free and she said that was not true. **I should mention that I wasn't "billed" but instead, they simply took money out of my checking account ahead of time as I'm using a debit card. That's why I was so pissed about all this.** Well, I called the FTC and filed a complaint. They told me "lost in the mail" wasn't any excuse for DMC and that I had a legal right to a refund for both DVDs and to keep them. I called back DMC and told them what the FTC had to say about the situation. They told me they'll refund the cost of the Incredibles DVD and I can keep it. I didn't ask for the TRON DVD as it fulfilled my contract. I'm going to stay with DMC for the exclusive titles. But this better not happen again.

• Or
    Orion's Bell May 24, 2011

Twice in the past I have received and been billed for movies after I sent back the option out card. Last month I received TRON Legacy, but I never received the monthly packet before-hand with the option-out card. I wasn't too happy, but it did complete my 4-movie/2-year obligation. But now I just received another expensive DVD again without ever receiving the packet in advance. I'm going to call them up. Federal law states that if you receive something by mail that you didn't order, it's yours to keep for free. (I know, good luck with that, but I'm going to fight!)

DMC Member Advoce May 16, 2011

Jay P,
    Please contact me directly so I can assist you with your account. There is an easy solution to your situation that can be fixed when I have all the information. Please call me at [protected] or email me with your details (name, account number or address, etc.) and I would be happy to resolve this for you!

Jay P May 16, 2011

I joined the club and have had nothing but a nightmare from the outset. First off I didn't get the initial movies until 7 months after I signed up and paid in August 2010!

I have not received regular emails nor postal packages and as a result on numerous occasions I have been sent videos I have not ordered. Last week I got three months worth all on the same day... two of course were LONG past the notice date. I have complained several times to the "Cast members" most of which just brush it off. Its your fault you didn't check the mail, its the post office's fault for not delivering it on time, it's yahoo or gmail's fault because of the spam filter... Only once did a rep say "We have been having problems"

I have called in been told that I would not receive something that in fact is hows I declined, yet magically it appears on my credit card and shows up 2-5 weeks later. I then have to spend time to dispute it, ship it back etc to get credit for something I didn't order!

Initially I was being credited and sent a return label, lately it has been a case of too bad and send it back and we will credit you when we feel like it. Today your employee told me if I wanted to return things I had to pay to return them!!!

Twice in the last two weeks I have been charged for videos I did not order even though I did in fact say I didnt want it. I was told that I shouldn't swtich methods of responding. WTF its my fault your emails aren't getting to me nor your mailings? When I switch to solve a problem with YOUR system its my fault because I am trying my hardest to make sure you know I dont want the damn thing so I do everything possible to make sure I dont have to endure another month of this!

I have made it clear I DO NOT want to receive anything except that which I order. I have been told that its not possible to opt out. I agreed to negative billing. BTW DYI Disney company -Negative Billing is illegal in Canada if you want to do business in Canada or any other country outside the USA... Obey the local laws

I have to wait for things to be delivered so I can return them, and then on top of it I am now being told I have to pay to return things I didn't order!

Today I called in to make sure that I would not be sent this Chiuahua movie, your automated system wouldn't let me say no and I spoke to a person who assured me I will not receive it. Again I do not believe that it will not turn up and I will not be charged for it

I find your employees are not helpful, dont really care about issues and try to blame everyone else - the customer, the post office, the man on the moon.

I have also asked twice to have my credit card removed so that you cannot just willy nilly ship me things I don't want. I am more than happy to pay by credit card for those items I have ordered. What a surprise it never happens and I keep getting billed.

DMC needs to take some serious steps to address these problems

DMC Member Advoce May 12, 2011

MissSam,
    So happy I was able to connect with you today and resolve your account. Have a wonderful rest of your day!

• Mi
    MissSam May 12, 2011

I too have had problems trying to cancel!! I've written and I've called but to no avail! So I researched a little and stumbled upon this website and saw the number for the member advocate. I called and left a message, but three days later and still no call back...I'll probably wind up just having to cancel my credit card as well...

DMC Member Advoce Apr 19, 2011

letgoofmyears,
    Thank you for your valuable input! At this time we do not have a link to cancel your account over the website. In order to cancel you can speak with a Cast Member over the phone at [protected].

• Le
    letgoofmyears Apr 19, 2011

My ONLY complaint with the DMC is that, while it is painfully easy to do just about everything you want with your account, finding a link or a number to cancel your account is extremely hard to find. In fact, although "Mellen67" apparently found it quite simple to do, I was not able to locate the necessary phone number until coming to this site. I guess this is to be expected, since the last thing they want you to do is cancel, but for those of us who have long since fulfilled our agreements, we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to accomplish it.

DMC Member Advoce Apr 04, 2011

If you have questions or concerns about the Disney Movie Club, please give me a call or email me so I may help you. My direct email is [email protected] and phone is [protected]. Thank you!