Dish TV Indiashoddy services!

I’ve been looking for fora to share my anguish over Dishtvindia’s service so members are aware of the pitfalls of subscribing to them. In Gurgaon, Haryana, I went to a dealer (Gateway in Supermart) who had advertised about the service, in March 2005 and paid for the hardware and the maxi package for the whole year. On a subsequent call to Dishtv’s call center in Noida, I learnt that the VC provided to me was in someone else’s name – Gateway’s owner promised to get that issue rectified but despite a fair amount of follow-up, that didn’t get done, and call center representatives conveyed inability to change the name no matter what we provided as proof of payment. They simply said that it didn’t matter whose name the VC carried in their records, it was our address and phone numbers they had against it and we needn’t worry beyond receiving channel transmission.

Two weeks ago, though, our channel transmission was discontinued even when our renewal payment made in July 2006 was for the whole year. Initially, the call center representatives pointed towards a lack of payment from the dealer, but for the past 6 days, they just tell us that the service will restart in 24-48 hours, and that is still to happen. The owner of Gateway finds this issue too trivial so doesn’t return our calls, and his johny just tells us that the error has been on Dishtv’s side and our money was indeed transmitted by them. He has provided 2 reference complaint numbers for his calls made to Dishtv but they are no use to me without the channel service.

Granted that there can be gaps in record management, but it’s clear that Dishtv doesn’t have a decent complaint management system. Nor is the company making efforts to manage its ever increasing network of dealers/subdealers/sub-subdealers or customers. It’s going on increasing its customer base by opportunistic advertising without any thought to quality of its service or customer satisfaction -- if some customer rep does decide to do his bit in plugging gaps in my case, it’s anybody’s guess if the company will do anything about several days of shoddy service it put me through.

Jyoti Bhargava.

• Ro
    Robin Mar 03, 2007

DishTV IS WORST EVER company in terms of support. When we call them and tell that we are existing customer we are put on hold for ever. If we call again they don't pick the phone. THE HAVE VERY POOR ETHICS.

Radhe Shyam Mar 09, 2007

I too had very poor response from the helpline of DishTv

Viswanath Mar 18, 2007

Yes Jyoti I have the same problem , Please TELL ME HOW YOU SOLVED THE ISSUE , the dealer or the company mixed up the VC card now my VC card is one which is not paired with the setup box. the dealer tells the same thing 24 hrs keep on. And some miracle will happen .. the customer support send me a stupid mail, almost like saying we cannot help fools like you who have got such a stupid set.

--------------------------------The mail they sent -------------

Thank you for writing to Dish TV.

This is in reference to your Request regarding

We would like to intimate you that it cannot be paired with the given stb because it is paired with the another vc

Assuring you the best of services. Looking forward to a long and healthy relationship. Continue experiencing the new TV entertainment with us.

Thanks and Regards,
    Arti
    Customer service
    Dish TV
    "The future of T.V. entertainment"

• Ps
    P.Sonachalam Mar 28, 2007

I will never recommend Dish TV to anyone. they have the worst Billing and Complaint Handling systems. Their response to complaints is atrocious. Their billing software is a nightmare and designed for creating atleast a few errors every time it is operated. Dish TV has lost the edge of being the first DTH company and they have all the customer goodwill. I am switching over to Tata Sky.

Sonachalam

• Kr
    KRISHNA RAJ Apr 03, 2007

I agree with Jyoti Bhargava, since I am facing the same problem. As per Dish TV, the dealer from where I bought the set, did not pay the full amount to Dish TV and hence Dish TV Noida deducted the due amount from my subscription renewal.

Any number of complaints and letters to them falls on deaf ears.

I DO NOT recommend anybody to buy Dish TV. Better go for Tata Sky instead.

BTW: Jyoti, did Dish TV solve your problem?

Rajendra Dixit Apr 07, 2007

The DishTV's billing software is atrocious. I am in total agreement with Krishna Raj as I have similar experience. Although, I have been paying full amount since installation, DishTV is claiming that there is due amount from me. No matter what I tell the CSR, they keep on maintaining that there is something due from me.

Any of the complainants has been able to sort out this issue?

Jagannathan Apr 18, 2007

I too have receive the same worst service from dishtv. first of all they took more than a week time to install the setup box but the dealer promised that they will install with in two days. And another is my setup box remote is not working past two days (not even 20 days i purchased it) and still i am struggling to find the service center to change it. when i call them, they gave an service center number in my city which the number is not exist at all. I am thinking to go to consumer court, if their service continues this manner. uh...

jagdeep singh Jun 14, 2007

Yaa, 3 years before i became the dealer of dishtv india from punjab distt hoshiarpur city Mukerian. My firm name harkrishan Electronics. id is 5078. I had deposited security amt of 10000/- rupees. They said this amt will be given after three years. Now after three years they are doing nothing yet. I closed my account in june, 2004.

Nagendra Jul 03, 2007

I would be very interested in lodging a formal complaint with consumer protection court / any other agency. While Tata Sky service is just above-class, this idiotic company (I do not find a better word than this) has no moral values for resolving the consumer issues. Any suggestions?

• Dr
    DR.VASUNDHARA AGARWAL Jul 05, 2007

My Dishtv stopped working all of sudden and made complaints to its nos with us. the telephone no. on website is either a STD call or Local BSNL toll free no.I registered a complaint with Ghaziabad/Noida no. assurance was given that it will be attended by the service engineer within 24 hours. it was not attended for next 48 hours.Again i contacted on same STD and a non technical boy came on next working day. After spending about half an hour the boy told us that wire connected to it is not original wire.Although connection was given by an authorized service provider and distributor of the company. The boy asked us the permission to replace the same on charges,which i agreed.Boy promised to return in two hours. He didnot came back for next thrr working days. Then I managed to get Mobile no. of a sales magrMr. batra at lucknow.He was very polite and listened my complaint and asked one gentleman Mr.Nadeem to look after it.Mr. nadeem was also very polite and assured us of a visit by Technician. Nobody attended my complaint for next working day.again I called Mr. Batra,who talked with mr. Nadeem and then the same boy came with a wire. Wire was replaced but it didn't work.Now he said this SetTop Box is not working and took it away for repair against payt. No reply came to us for next three four days. We again contacted Mr. Batra. this time he gave me the no of Mr. Vikas Srivastava.He asked for two days time and no reply came to us for next two days. then again My son contacted Mr. Srivastava, who told him that your settop box is effected by water and it may not be repaired.he requested him to return the Set Top box. I am still waiting for the Settop Box.Three days have already gone. I have not watched TV since last 21 days, perhaps for the first time in my life since TV started in 1970'. Thanks to my opting for better viewing than Cablewals. Thanks to new technology and its services.

Suresh Kumar Agrawal.

ARAVAMUDHAN Jul 10, 2007

I got my DISH TV connection in JUNE 2005; I live in Chennai. DISH TV was a boon when CHENNAI got flooded repeatedly during Dec '05 and when everywhere there were power outages, I could get to see the TV. That was a plus. As regards the minuses, they are aplenty. Firstly, signals of Channels get weaker after 6 P.M. Second, a few Channels like Jaya Tv gets out-of-bound for some unknown reasons. Sometimes, a few scrambled channels make a person to pull his hair in despair and to switch off TV set itself. And lastly, the renewal of subscriptions: It was a harrowing experience for me over the last 6 months. Even after the cheque was encased, my account was not updated. I ran up a big telephone bill on account of the calls I made to Call-centers both at NOIDA and at Chennai, not to forget the calls made to all and sundries ( I mean, the so called, agencies, whose sole purpose is to make money ). Indian Team bowed out of cricket-world cup, but I did not receive the signals though my subscriptions were fully paid. At the time, a message, " please contact no 1860-180- 3474" was present in ESPN or STAR Sports Channels went on appearing. Since Indian team failed, I did not pursue further. But, before the pay-channels got introduced , I saw good number of movies on all the channels. It was short-lived.
    Thus it is a mixture of sour and sweet, more sour, due to all complicated renewal procedures. As a service Provider, why can't they accept a cheque payable to say "DISH TV INDIA" like any others say, BSNL or Bharti AIRTEL etc?

rashida Aug 22, 2007

Im also one of the dealer of dishtv, as far as im concerned till now i have not received any complaints from our customers whether it is regarding signal or renewals. In case if you have any problem you can mail me so that i can find solution for the same.

naresh kumar h Sep 12, 2007

suddenly 894 is disappeared from 3 days - Its TV9 telugu news channel - Why i don't understand - Please re-active it at the earliest.

raj Sep 15, 2007

sir,iam payed money for 6 months package in 12th september but upto now we dont receive any signal.How long it take to activate the service.Sorry sir iam totaly upset for ur service.

• Am
    ameer karothukudy Sep 23, 2007

I bought a dishtv connection in may2007,my card no is 01504305590-2, also it was a multi connection.For 1month it was free and i didn't renew,and next month the connection was gone. Then i went to renew the connection, then i was asked to pay an amount of 4450 for one year and i paid the amount. They told me that it will take some time to reconnect, so i kept the receiver in on position for 5to6days in a sports channel, there was nothing and it shows no access and to contact customer care. When i call the agent he told me that he paid the money and it is already active. Now its one month over still it is showing no access, what should i do now, how i can know whether the amount is paid, pls help me

• Mo
    Mohit Bhargva Sep 28, 2007

Dish TV is one of hte most pathetic DTH serive. their customer service is the poorest of all. I was a fool when i thought of investing in their rubbish box and am sincerly thinking of switching over to TATA Sky.

Arun Kumar Sep 28, 2007

Dear Mohit,
    I understand that might be the case with you.....i am also using dishtv for 2 years....still its working fine for me....till now hardly ever i called up customer care for any problem....even i don't remember when i called up last....can you list the instance here where you called up customer care and won't get any proper response.

Vijaya Kumar Giduthuri Oct 25, 2007

Jyoti, I too have very bad experience with DishTV for the last one month.T he worst ever service providers from a corporate level organization. The poor consumer should go to consumer court for value of their money. That is only option left.

Vijaya Kumar Giduthuri Oct 25, 2007

Jyoti,I too have big problem with dish tv channels even after paying the subscription for the last one month. Several times complained on line. But no rectification. The worst ever service from a corporate organization. Not acceptable to the consumer. Only the option left is to complain in consumer court and ask of damages and value for our money. I advise everyone who has problem should immediately knock the consumer court. Then only they will realize their responsibility is not to collect money any corner of the country but also to provide efficient service for consumer's money from any corner of the country. Very bad management.

• La
    lambodarmohapatra Nov 16, 2007

DishTV is trying to market its product by creating wrong idea about the services provided by them and once product sold neither customer care nor the company is listening to the customer!

• Gn
    g.naga sudha Nov 25, 2007

I would like to enter my own complaint.My brother has taken dishtv connection maxi teluguv/c 01501137421 last year from sharad electronics koti, hyderabad.This year he renewed it on 17/04/2007.He live in muscat.Last month he requested to add sun network.The dealer said within two days it will be connected,but till now there is no connection.he gave some phone numbers to ask about the connection, 40151581,40151582,40151583 -i have tried,i don't know why nobody answers it.I feel very fustreted about the whole thing.why this people are so irresponsible.I hope some one looks at my mail and responds.

• Su
    Sundaresan Dec 11, 2007

I too have had a lot of problem with billing, they stop channels all of a sudden and when we inquire they will come up with some extra cost not paid although the the subscription has been paid for 1 year.If any of you have gone to consumer court can you pls share here the outcome.

nand sharma Dec 13, 2007

I fully agree with this customer pain points. I too have suffered continuously at the hands of Dish TV. There is no customer care at the first hand. There so many numbers to dial but you don't get through anyone of them. The new channels are missing, you don't get Neo Sports, Bindaas etc. The remote control and/or the STB are of the poorest quality... My remote gave way a long ago and somehow when I manage to talk to someone at DishTV, they say it is not covered in warranty...?

Have thrown it away in 6 months flat!!

• Pr
    Prashanth Kumar Dec 28, 2007

To me Dish TV represents one of the most horrible companies I have ever come across - most unfriendly to consumers. You name a problem and I have been thro' it. The website has a toll free number but when I tried thro BSNL it drops, then tried calling using STD code (044-60013474) but in vain. They seem to have stereo type response - signals are weak and approrpriate changes have been which would enable the relay of channels in 4 hrs to 24 hrs. Currently the channels are not getting relayed because it says "check the box connection or call 1800......"

Of all the feedback received, I very strongly conclude that TATA SKY is a great bet. In fact it works fine during rains as well (My channels get frozen during rains....)

To me DISHTV stands for - Lack of consumer focus, Lack of ethics, Lack of committment,........ the list is never ending...Thanks.

• Da
    David Jan 22, 2008

Yes, Dish Tv is the worst company which has poor customer service support, the reps will give false assurances. You need to follow up for any complaints for more than 100 times. Dish antenna was needed to be realligned as i was not able to receive several channels. you dont believe i have called them more that 20 times, but nothing was done. After a a month time a technician from dishtv came and realligned antenna and they too agree that customer serv is pathetic with Dish TV, They sugt to shift to Tata-Sky

• Ge
    Geetha Feb 23, 2008

Yes i agree with you guys. I have called the bangalore service center several times to shift the antenna but no response from their side. I called the jayanagar office they told to contact malleshwaram "Bangalore Appliances". I called Malleshwaram office, every time they give a new complaint number or they did'nt pick the call. Frustrated with this poor service. Is there no solution for this problem.
    Planning to switch to Tata Sky, the package is also economical compared to Dish Tv.

• Pa
    Pankaj Apr 09, 2008

Dishtv
    No customer problem redressal system. Contacting their customer care = banging your head in a wall.
    TataSky
    Sky is the limit for harrasing the customer. That is their group (tata) policy.
    Cable guy:
    Atleast you can kick his u know what i mean. he is the only best of all the worst options available.

• Lt
    LT COL R K SINGH May 15, 2008

Dear Sir,
    1. I am shocked to learn that Mr Jawahar Goel has recently launched a new scheme to provide free Set boxes, with the purpose of widening the customer base...and increasing the business many folds. There is some thing called the 'Slenderness Ratio'. When the height of a business is raised, so is the supporting base... The same can be easily understood by watching 'Maruti Udyog' . Their customer care and support/service base has been expanded enough to take care of their expanding business.
    2. Unfortunately, the Service being provided by Dish TV is pathetic. What they may never understand is it is equally important to take care of the existing customers than be focussing on increasing the number of viewers and Sharukh Khan Ads .There seems to be a nexus between the Sr Managers dishing out "Maintenance Contracts" and un-deserving / in-competent Authorised Service Franchisee ...for vested interests? GOD knows why else would the system tolerate so many complaints.
    3. The persons manning the Customer Care uses the Dish TV User (Complaintant ) as an extended technician...with all instructions to correct the fault on the phone!( Ref :-Mr Sandeep from your Customer Care against Complaint No -13114855) .
    4. Our Dish TV has been non-functional since the last one month, despite paying the Authorised Service
    Franchise "M.R.ELECTRONICS" the problem persists.
    Ref-(a) Complaint No-1456326 dt 27 Apr 08.
    (b) Complaint No 13085752 dt 09 May 08.
    (c) Complaint No 13114855 dt 12 May 08.
    These still remain un-attended / non-functional.
    5. If the Complaints are so large in number that the system is unable to attend them, then it is also a reflection on their technically inferior network.
    No wonder people are recommending Tata-Sky ...
    6. Top Mgt - Please dont pass on this complaint as some disgruntled man's opinion...carry out some introspection on your failing support sys.
    Best of Luck.

• Po
    Pooja Gupta May 18, 2008

Dish TV is fraud on customers. My VC no. is 01504519393. I got Dish TV in April 2008. Soon, it started giving trouble with alignment problem and no signal. I registerd several complaints wit hits customer care. More recently, on 12th May 2008 (nos. 12904604 ). Extensively followed it up with no response till date. Suddenly, I am told today a new complaint number (13286212). Each time customer care responds by saying that your complaint has been forwarded. But where no one knows. No service no remedy. Each time a new person talks. One is cheated by Dish TV and their owners. If you want to resign from dish tv then the whole loss is yours. No money is refunded.
    With lots of promises but no service Dish TV is nothing else but fraud on customers.May be saner voice falls on deaf ears od dish tv.

Arun May 21, 2008

I would like to know about the repair center in ghaziabad.Actually fuse of my set top box was blown away because of d high voltage.So what can i do..please someone suggest me what to do..??

Anurag Vohra May 22, 2008

Though I know this would be just one more opinion on the site. However, I believe I would do anything now to get my complaint with Dish TV heard because it seems, the Dish TV team has just one agenda and that is Sales-even if it means no service at all.
    I have had a Dish TV set for some one month now and everytime it rains (which happens every day in Delhi these days) it would go disfunctional. Complaints have been made to:
    1) The dealer
    2) The call center- (Asked the exec. to let me talk to the supervisor, I was put on hold and then disconnected)
    3) The email link ar Dish TV's site (which returns a "Page not found" error once you submit a complaint-even the site nows how to behave with complaints!!)
    4)All service personnel whose number I could manage.
    They have fixed it thrice now and it needs just a spell of shower to take the signals off.
    Dish TV makes me believe in God... thanks a lot. Now I know its only HE who can fix it.
    Complaint Number: 13307885
    Anurag Vohra
    Mob: +91 9999 684 290 (I hope GOD calls me on this number and help me get it fixed. Mr Jawahar Goel is too keen on Sales to provide services)

• Vk
    V.K.Gupta Jul 15, 2008

My past experience and feed back to you that your services after sales are extreamly hopeless & irritating.

My complaint No.492 dated 15.07.2008 has been lodged but it is my advance feedback that it will take to resolve not less than 5 to 6 days even after calling on telephone every day atleast 4 times in a day.

Will you called the dish tv for entertaintment or mixed harrasment with irritation ?

• Ke
    kevin e Aug 21, 2008

i just bought a dish tv which none of the south indian channels are working please do the futher necessary, and let me know what is the next step to get it active.

• Pi
    Piyush Pritam Oct 27, 2008

Why Neo Sports & Neo Cricket channels not included in dishtv buckets...

• Kh
    khoshal Nov 07, 2008

dear sir/Madam;

Im Khoshal "sadat" from Kabul Afghanistan, i buy a new dish tv please send me information about recharge of dish tv for six month, also please tell me is it possable to recharge my dishtv true my email or internate or not.
    i hope you will send me an email and give ve some information about.

also tell me the price for six month in indian carancey and also in US Dolor.

with my best regard

khoshal "sadat"

chamith Oct 27, 2012

MY NAME IS ANBU... MY DISH TV NI 01509876096 PLS ADD ADITHYA CHAENNEL

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices