Dish TV Indianon transmission of free channels!

M

I would like to bring to the kind notice of the board that I have purchased dish t.v. about one and half years back by paying Rs.3990/ and opted for Z TV package. From 20th June 07 suddenly telecast of all the channels stopped without any information. I immediately contacted the dishtv, they informed me to pay Rs 600/ for telecast of Free to Air channels. I told them that free to air channels are free and why are you asking money they responded very badly and told me that our policy is being changed. Since I can not see free to air channels Dish TV STB and antenna , I made request to take back STB and antenna and refund my money Rs 2499/- as given in writing by Dish TV to refund when ever we want to surrender after five years. Since the services are very poor and asking money for free to air channels I want to surrender it immediately. They have told me that they will not refund the money even after five years. For me STB and antenna is a waste. Can any one help me to suggest , how to stop the cheating activities of Dish TV in India?? How to complain to government of India for charging the money for free to air channels?

• Updated by Dish TV Helpdesk · Jul 18, 2007

Dear Mr. Sharma,

Hope your problem has been resolved now, keep up your happy experience with dish tv and we will hope for live up to your expectation. Happy watching dishtv.

• Su
    Sudha Dhingra May 08, 2007

My dish Tv is not working for past three days. The complaint was lodged vide comp. no. 6611402. The co. has not responded back despite my repeated calls to the company and the dealer. This is height of poor service... The co. can win an award in this category... Most Shoddy after sales service.

• Mo
    Mohamed Farook Oct 05, 2007

I renewed the package to include SUN packages. I paid the entire amount for the Maxi package even after receiving the money they simply dont activate SUN Packages. The Monopoly of DISH TV India must be stopped.

• Ar
    Arun Kumar Oct 08, 2007

Dear Mr. Farooq,

I have also paid money through ITZ Card for activation of sun package and called up customer care and to my surprise it was activated in 5 min only. That might be the case with you.. I think you need to call customer care and told them the details of your payments for sun package and request them for activation it will take only 5-10 min to activate that.

• Vi
    vikas kharb Nov 02, 2007

I am totally dis-satisfied with the services provided by dish TV.
    Till the time it was installed there is problem in the network and despite repeated calls from the last 8 days, no action has been taken so far. SO this may b a WARNING for those who are planning to buy a dist TV in near future.

• Ha
    Hardy Nov 02, 2007

Dear Vikas,

I understand, but that might be the case with you, as i am using dishtv since jan'06 and till now i haven't face any problem in it, some times only a few problem regarding payment renewal but that is resolved once i called up customer care rest every thing is fine for me.

• Mu
    Mukund Dongare Mar 01, 2008

I would like to bring to the kind notice of the board that I have purchased dish t.v. about 6 months back by paying Rs.4200/ and opted for Z TV package. From 20th Jan 08 suddenly telecast of all the channels stopped without any information. I immediately contacted the dishtv, they informed me to pay Rs 100/ for telecast of Free to Air channels. I told them that free to air channels are free and why are you asking money they responded very badly and told me that our policy is being changed. Since I can not see free to air channels Dish TV STB and antenna , I made request to take back STB and antenna and refund my money Rs 2499/- Since the services are very poor and asking money for free to air channels I want to surrender it immediately. Can any one help me to suggest , how to stop the cheating activities of Dish TV in India?? How to complain to government of India for charging the money for free to air channels?

• Nc
    N C Mishra Aug 16, 2008

Last year in March, I purchased DiSH TV antenna and setup box (VC number: [protected]#8 ), with 6 months' Maxi offer.
    After 6 months I was able to see the free-to-air channels at no extra cost, as the distributor promised me for free-to-air channels at no extra cost. Last 2-3 months it was stopped showing the free-to-air channels. When I asked the dish tv distributor here, they ask for rent for free-channels too. As per your regulations and India Govt. regulation, one should not charge additonal cost for free-to-air channel.

Could you please look into the matter so that we get free-to-air channel at no extra cost. My VC number: [protected]#8.

• Ga
    ganesh roya Oct 30, 2008

my dishtv show, unable to locate signal if the problem persists please

• 01
    015 0408 0132-4 Mar 15, 2009

no waching free chennels

• 01
    015 0408 0132-4 Mar 15, 2009

Last 2-3 months it was stopped showing theasked the dish tv distributor here, they ask for rent for free-channels too. As per your regulations and India Govt. regulation, one should not charge additonal cost for free-to-air channel.
    free-to-air channels

• As
    Asif Apr 21, 2009

On my opinion TATA Sky is best than Dish TV.

I think we will go to jhingalala.

• Am
    Amar May 01, 2009

Dishtv is way better then Tata sky;

1. Dishtv has maximum number of channels 240 in total.
    2. Very economical packages as compared with tata sky.
    3. Very economical offers.
    4. Good after sales service.
    5. Economical and More number of ala-carte packs and gives you a freedom to choose and pay for what you watch.
    6. Very good Active Services: Like Active ICICI AND bHAKTI aCTIVE.
    7. More games for children to enjoy at free of cost. where as active services are paid in tatasky.

• Su
    suryudu18 Jun 22, 2009

we have installed dishtv in 2006 while installing agent told even u dont pay for pay channels you will get free to air channels. we viewed for 1 yr and closed...

From andhrapradesh, west godavari..

• Sh
    shaikhakbar123 Jan 22, 2010

...Does Dish tv Provide any International Urdu and Islamic Channel On Dish tv.
    I Want See Islamic Channels Like Peace Tv and Islam Tv and other Urdu and Isalmic Channel On Dish Tv...

Kindly Informed Me If u Launched These Channels on Dish tv...
    Thanks

• Sh
    shaikhakbar123 Jan 22, 2010

Any body know how to access free to air channels on dishtv set top box without recharging .

my email is [protected]@gmail.com------

• Kg
    K GRACE KUMAR Jun 07, 2011

A SUM OF RUPEES 600.00(SIX HUNDRED) WAS ERRONEOUSLY RECHARGED TO V.C.NO [protected] ON 04/06/2011 AT 07.18A.M . VIDE TRANSACTION ID RI-102419-[protected] . REQUEST THE ABOVE AMOUNT MAY BE TRANSFERED TO MY CORRECT V.C NO [protected] AT THE EARLIEST .

• Ku
    KUNAL ZADE Apr 09, 2012

A SUM OF RUPEES 480.00(four hundred and eighty ) WAS ERRONEOUSLY RECHARGED TO V.C.NO [protected] ON 09/04/2012 AT 04.07.33.pm . VIDE TRANSACTION ID PMGW [protected] . REQUEST THE ABOVE AMOUNT MAY BE TRANSFERED TO MY CORRECT V.C NO [protected] AT THE EARLIEST .

• Du
    dunga Feb 21, 2015

my account is expire on 23/01/2015 till the time i got all the channels nd service now 21/02/2015 i recharge my account then i turn on my tv then its shows 102 nd 301 nd 303 Errors then i called thrice to customer people they said its error with box they will send the technician to my place nd i need to pay the charges. how come it get problem before the time it work properly now it has problem this is look like getting money from customers not give good service this all fraud going on i want complain on Govt.
    i dont want to pay single ruppe its not my fault or tv fault its prob with dish tv so they bare the charges

yerraji