Dish Networkbait and switch

K

They send out a mailer that advertises free hd dual dvr. When you get your install they come with out it and say they only have standard equipment and you have to call to have yours switched out. When you call they pretend you never ordered it even though its included in the ad. They will not give it to you without a $100 upgrade charge. They say it was your responsibility to specify it in the order but the ad doesn't say that anywhere. Even though I made it clear the reason I was calling on the ad was because I was happy to see I would get that free upgrade to a hd dual dvr. They automatically give you the other free stuff like 3 month of showtime and hbo which by the way will charge you after the free period is over if you do not call to cancel! We shall see if they really cancel it and charge me anyway. They are definately a terrible company to get service through!

RESOLVED

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Feb 08, 2012

Hello Robert 1950, we can review what occurred with the set up of your DISH services. Please email me with the DISH account number and receiver number (press menu on the remote twice).

Mark Haakenson
    Internet Response Team
    DISH Network LLC
    [email protected]

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Sep 06, 2011

Hi there, karllutz! I saw your post and would be happy to help you get that resolved! It sounds like there may have been an ongoing mix-up on our end about the equipment you requested for the work order. I know how frustrating that must have been for you! I would encourage you to email me your account number so I can look into this and get it taken care of. My email address is [email protected]

• Ro
    Robert 1950 Feb 07, 2012

I went with dish because they offered the big ten network in package, A few months later they took it away and offered me a package that i would have to pay extra for if i wanted the Big Ten Network. This is a sleazy business.

• Ka
    karllutz Sep 03, 2011

Dish Network sold me a 2 year service agreement on thier satellite TV service. When they installed system it was not even close to the agreed upond system even though salemen repeated the order 4 times. Doesn't matter. I am out of look because they need $100 more fore hardwear they sold me. My problem that they were wrong. When wanting to cancell my 4 hour old contract for them not doing what we agreed upon, I was "disconnected" Very dishonest company

• Ne
    netprowler May 09, 2010

I totally disagree with your negative posting towards infinitydish.com I ordered dish network service on April 30 2010 from this company and had next day installation. I clearly explained to the rep the model of dual HD Receiver and witch dish packaged I wanted and received exactly what I ordered. however there's a one time $49 charge. everything they offer is clearly explained in their terms and conditions page. people should take the time and read terms and conditions and if they have any doubts ask the service rep to explained further before placing the order then later act surprise by whatever charges they feel were cheated on. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this company. and yes its your responsibility to call dish and cancel anything they give you free for 3 months or whatever period the free offer is for, otherwise you will automatically get charge for next months service, that's just plain common sense. posted by frank, Los Angeles, Ca.

• Fr
    frederick judd Sep 14, 2007

I received two advertisements, one in the mail and one in the post and both were promoting the 100 channels from Dish Network for 19.99. When I called the numbers on the advertisements and gave the code, I was told that the promotional was no longer valid. How can it pulled that quickly? But I was told that I could get a great deal for 44.95. I said that I would take my chances with the FTC and Attorney General. I did get a call from the complaint department and I could get the 19.99 deal but would have to pay an extra $5 for local channels, $5 for the second receivers a month. In addition, I had to have hard wire phone service to plug the system in or it would be another $5 a month. In the end the system would be $29.99 a month, cheaper than cable but with a company that has a sour reputation. I don't like paying the high cable bill but I'm not going from the frying pay to the fire.