Menu
Home Computers & Phones Dell they are crooks

Dell review: they are crooks

C
Author of the complaint
12:31 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been trying to get someone at dell to listen to me I even had the supervisor on the phone and she would not listen to me at all. They have been calling my home everyday for 17.00 that I guess I was short due to a late fee which is 35.00. I stated out with my computer only being about 900.00 but now seem to owe them 1878.00 which my credit line was only 1500.00, I would go online and pay my bill on the day it was due and they would hold it for 3 days then charge me a late fee so I started sending them the money by the 5th of the month for a couple months when it was not due till the 13th and they would say it was late and charge me a late fee and I even had proof they had it on the 5th. Dealing with these people has been a battle and how can they get away with treating people the way they do? No wonder people can't get them paid off if they can get away with charging so many late fees when they have the money already in hand and such high interest rates.

More Dell complaints & reviews

Dell - hard drive failures
Dell - defective tv, poor service
Dell - dell is a scam
Dell - defective product - horrible service
Dell - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back!
Dell - dell gold support
Dell - abject customer service
Dell - false advertising
1 comments
L
Jan 27, 2014 12:20 am EST

I had an experience with them too where if I sent in a payment too early they would credit it to the previous month as extra towards principle, then count the next payment as late and charge a late fee. I had my payments set up on auto pay and wasn't paying attention for a long time. I was shocked one day when I checked in on the account thinking it should be paid off soon and instead found that I owed almost $3000 on a $1500 computer due to all of their fees! And they had gotten a payment from me every 30 days for years! Their actions should be criminal.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

518 complaints