Menu

V
Author of the complaint
7:10 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had given my laptop (Serial No: JFCB6F2) for an issue (No Bootable HDD found) to the Service Center in Bangalore within the Dell office complex.
They diagnosed the problem as HDD Bad Sector Issues. They did not even attempt to check for any other issues even though this was a paid service.

They connected me to the Dell Customer Care who gave me quotations for HDD parts.
Since Dell provides only 90 Day warranty for the new HDD and I need to shell out similar amount for the AMC, I decided to take back the laptop from the Dell Service Center.

However, I found that my laptop does not even consistently go to the BIOS prompt (press DEL, F1, F2, ... - no luck). The Service Center staff insisted that it is because of the bad HDD. Talk about knowledge of the service personnel ! I was quite unhappy with the service center and hence had indicated 'Dissatisfied' in my feedback.

Later the manager of the center (I think his name is Mr. Murugappan, phone [protected]) came to me. He had torn off my customer feedback form from the bunch and inserted a fresh page. He insisted that I give 'at least a Satisfied' feedback for the sake for the center.
I told him no. I told him that he did not have any professional or ethical standards by removing my signed feedback from and I was disgusted with the ethics.

I am enclosing a copy of my customer feedback form for your reference.
[ The scribblings you see on the top of the page are by the Manager ]

Hope you would take some corrective action in maintaining quality personnel as well as professional ethics in them.

Thanks
Kannan
+[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

View 0 more photos

More Dell complaints & reviews

Dell - hard drive failures
Dell - defective tv, poor service
Dell - dell is a scam
Dell - defective product - horrible service
Dell - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back!
Dell - dell gold support