Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Computers & Accessories Dell New alienware laptop issues : unethical solutions

Dell  -  New alienware laptop issues : unethical solutions

M
Author of the complaint
4:11 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi
New laptop less than 20 days had an issue and in SSD and the OS is not booted. Dell arranged for SSD replacement and installed me a default dell image as like they handle any old laptop support. When I find out that and contact them, they say they cannot support with factory image.

This is an exception scenario.
I can accept if the laptop is at least 3 to 6 months old. But this issue pops up in less than 30 days.
It must be Dell's responsibility to address with care.

As the model (configuration) now is not available to order suddenly.
My newly released model is now said to me as EOL and I have not received any update about the replacement. I doubt, if they could offer me the replacement any time sooner looking at the situation.
I haven't response about the replacement. Every time I call, they say relevant team will contact and no one is contacting me for the replacement. In mean time I wanted to at least install the factory image.

In mean time at least they can offer me the original recovery media here to support an uninterrupted usage.
No helpful replies for a month old laptop.

In the middle today over chat support, a supervisor messaged that it will be sorted out but in a matter of minutes, again I start to receive the same messages from team that they cannot offer.

I previously owned ROG and never faced any issues with the service.

Replying polite doesn't mean a good service.
Providing a valid solution makes a good customer service.
There are so many replies saying, they cant support factory image. Sample of two is attached here.

I need a perfectly working laptop with the exact factory image not the regular image. Then there is no point of buying a alienware laptop for around 5K dollors.

My Service request number for reference -[protected]

Some Notes to summarize:
1. Paid 3 months in advance for this Laptop.
2. The packed opened and delivered by the showroom and informed me that this is how they usually do to check the laptop.
3. SSD issue in less than 30 days.
4. Factory Alienware image is replaced with default Dell image without my knowledge.
5. Replacement approved and No details on the replacement as this new pre-ordered model is not EOL (Thats strange)
6. In mean time no support for the factory image installation also.

More Dell complaints & reviews

Dell - hard drive failures
Dell - defective tv, poor service
Dell - dell is a scam
Dell - defective product - horrible service
Dell - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back!
Dell - dell gold support