Dell — battery replacement policy and cost
I previously posted a complaint with respect to Dell's limited 1 year warranty on its battery. I took out a complete warranty for the computer, however I was told the battery that comes with the computer is only good for 1 year regardless of what warranty one takes out on the computer. Dell then told me they would sell me a new battery for $299.00. Presently, one can buy new laptops for $600- $800. After completing an internet search on the Dell battery for the item number I found the original battery for sale at the following site, Pacific Battery http://www.pacificbattery.com/index.html for $139.99. I purchased several Dell computers in the past and have to say they worked well. However, when a company charges a much higher fee for a replacement part for its own manufactured computer system than a competitor vendor, you must question the ultimate intent of Dell, is it good company policy or corporate greed that is influencing its decisions?
Dr. Albert Alba
More Dell Complaints & Reviews
- Dell Inspiron 1525 - hard drive failures
- Dell 42& Plasma Tv - defective tv, poor service
- Dell / Laptop Studio 1555 - dell is a scam
- Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop - defective product - horrible service
- Dell Canada - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back!
- Dell Precision M6400 - dell gold support
- Dell - inspiron 20 3000 3043
- Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop - abject customer service
- Dell Canada - false advertising
- Dell 924 Printer - printer is trash!