Dellbattery replacement policy and cost

I previously posted a complaint with respect to Dell's limited 1 year warranty on its battery. I took out a complete warranty for the computer, however I was told the battery that comes with the computer is only good for 1 year regardless of what warranty one takes out on the computer. Dell then told me they would sell me a new battery for $299.00. Presently, one can buy new laptops for $600- $800. After completing an internet search on the Dell battery for the item number I found the original battery for sale at the following site, Pacific Battery http://www.pacificbattery.com/index.html for $139.99. I purchased several Dell computers in the past and have to say they worked well. However, when a company charges a much higher fee for a replacement part for its own manufactured computer system than a competitor vendor, you must question the ultimate intent of Dell, is it good company policy or corporate greed that is influencing its decisions?

Dr. Albert Alba

• He
    Helpaide Jul 30, 2015

The Dell Help desk led me through steps that deleted all my personal files! I had made it clear that I did not want to have my personal files deleted. I had questioned the "help" associate several times along the way, and stated that I didn't want my files deleted. "Doesn't this require me to back-up my files first?". In his mumble jumble of English, he wiped my computer anyways in order to fix my Windows issue.

• Se
    Sea206Music Aug 26, 2014

First off @Robert May 76 No Way! Really??? What frigggen company doesn't outsource? All an American Company has do to claim and insinuate that they have the their products in the U.S. is patent thee idea, and thats a bout it! Once they find a company to that they choose to outsource for them in China or where ever the retail boxes sent to the states can have an American Flag on it and also can say Designed & Engineered In The United States! Now Dell or anyone will not be calling asking for passport info or any other info!

• Ar
    aravind_dk Feb 03, 2014

The problem is solved.

• De
    Debra Feimster Dec 07, 2013

on 11-30-13
    a battery was ordered for my dell- laptop. at this time it was paid for

sarsr Oct 03, 2013

DELL IS IN THE DUMPS. In four years I had two replacement laptops and continuous issues. This last month with Dell has been the worst. I call in to complain that my computer doesn't boot up properly. I finally speak with the Escalation Team who realizes that whoever sold me my extended warranty made a mistake so he's taking it away and leaving me with no warranty. As a one time "favor" they will fix my issue..they replaced my hard drive 3 TIMES! in 3 weeks and I'm still having the same issue. Nobody to talk to because they took away my warranty that THEY CALLED TO SELL TO ME! I've only had issues with Dell and will never ever buy another Dell and either will my family and friends after living through my experience with me.

• Xu
    xusoju02 Oct 01, 2013

upto I saw the draft of $5932, I accept that...my... mother in law was truley making money part-time from their computer.. there aunt has done this for under eleven months and resently repayed the dept on their apartment and purchased a great Smart ForTwo. look at this web-site http://www.jobs64.com

• Ar
    aravind_dk Oct 01, 2013

I have dell inspiron laptop with service tag 64FY8R1, from past 20 months. Its under warranty. Since past few months I'm having problem with the main board particularly the nVidia graphics card, the USB hub and the heat sink. I requested for the replacement and the complaint was registered almost a month back with Service Request Number [protected]. While registering I had undergone a torture session of about 2 hours in the name of diagnostics, I'm ok with that but after that session nothing happened from dell side, everyday some random guy from dell used to call me and hung up the call withing 3 minutes, and in the next call they used to tell me that it was me who cut the call. Still my problem is not solved yet and as a design student I cant work without my laptop. This is not the first time I am undergoing ill treatment by dell, while extending warranty, they were rude as hell, but once they received the money they are carrying this "f*** off" attitude. This would be my last dell product. In future I'll never go for dell and I'm recommending the same for my fellow batchmates and friends.
    Stay away from dell, stay happy.
    Regards
    Aravind

• Pu
    puppythecat Jun 15, 2013

I am most upset with Dell. They sold me a software and a hardware contract costing me over 300.00. I purchased the software contract not even near a year ago. Today I called
    to them with the same problem I had three months ago. They did not repair three months
    ago and same problem is back. Now they wanted to charge me another 89.00 for a one
    time fix AGAIN. I told them I am disabled and cannot afford this. I told them I will be speaking with the inspector general about this problem since they had put me through
    to over 23 persons with no answers to begin with. I was on the phone over 5 hours total.
    I told them I will be sending them a bill for my time. I am refusing to deal with these people
    again. They had not connected my printer I got from them with my account and NO ONE
    there was able to tell me what the problem was just that my account was on hold.
    I knew I had made every payment on time. I refuse to deal with people like this anymore.
    I suggest others out there going through this call their representatives and look into this
    fraud going on to the citizens out here. When we pay for a service then we should get
    the service we pay for. If not, report it and get it checked out by the BBB or the
    inspector general of your state. Thank you for your time in this matter.
    Sincerely,
    Debra K Dove
    PS They said they use calls for training purposes, I told them they should use the
    complete 5 hours they put me through this morning for training purposes.

Granny6 Jul 13, 2012

As I read my complaint I see where ' has been added three times to my post. I checked my copy of the post and this is not in there. It must have been added during transmission. For this I am sorry.

Granny6 Jul 13, 2012

Two years later, 7/12/12, and they just did the same thing to me. My computer could not access the internet. Technical support kept me on the phone two hours. The first person kept running the same tests over and over. Then he decided it was a software problem. Said he was putting me through to their expert. Since software is not under warranty I agreed to pay $239. Then they started doing the same tests that had nothing to do with software. While this was going on I thought about the firewall. He wouldn't talk about it and kept repeating the same tests. He disappeared for a few minutes so I went in and turned the firewall off. I was then able to access the internet. I ask him to help me go into my firewall and fix it. He refused. He wanted access to my computer. Now that he could see my computer he wanted to start removing programs. I refused. Then he said my computer had a lot of corruption on it. He lost internet connection and started runnnig same tests. I checked the firewall and it had turned back on after time I had allowed. Still he wanted to take control of my computer again. Since he had not done one thing right I became leary of him so I hung the phone up. I went into my firewall, found a button to reset defaults. I clicked this and the problem was solved. I would report this to someone at Dell but so far all I can find is contacts to complain to technical support and I need a contact to complain about technical support. He was an expert but not he kind I was told. I've bought five Dell computers since 2001. They make good computers at good prices but then you will be ripped off at techical support. I'll never buy another one and I'll be telling of my experience to anyone interested in buying a Dell.

GreenDayFan3811 Mar 07, 2012

Typical dell for ya..

• Pl
    Plione Mar 05, 2012

I purchased a new Dell Inspiron about 15 months ago. Immediately started having problems with the laptop, and called Dell on a regular basis. Every phone call lasted about 2 hours and included multiple transfers due to different departments, different problems, heavy accents, false promises, etc. (one call lasted 168 minutes including 24 transfers before finally being transferred to a dead line). After countless driver reinstalls, 3 new AC adapters, 2 new mouse/keyboard replacements, 1 new motherboard, and 2 technician home visits, Dell only finally replaced the laptop because I filed a report with the Better Business Bureau (which I had only ever done once before in my life).

I received the new laptop in April 2011. Two months later in June 2011 the laptop had a complete hard drive failure (couldn't even reboot windows) and I lost all of the data. Because my original purchase had a 12 month warranty Dell refused to replace the hard drive (or even talk to me on the phone for that matter) without charging several hundred dollars. After another Better Business Bureau report they replaced the hard drive (which Dell's own technician admitted that their hard drives commonly fail). I expressed continued concerns that the new laptop was defective and could easily have other problems come up, but they refused to add a new one year hardware warranty or to refund my purchase price (I would happily return this laptop in exchange).

What I have noticed is that unless you file a report to BBB they won't even give you the time of day. Once the report is filed they will fix any immediate problems, but still won't back their own merchandise. A very sad turn around from a company once voted best in customer support. I was an 11 year customer of Dell, but this experience and being treated like a nobody will cause me never to purchase from them again.

My advice is to stay away, but if it's already too late for that you're going to need to do something drastic (like file a BBB report) to even get Dell to talk to you. Good luck!

Robert May76 Feb 03, 2012

Dell does not make anything anymore. They sub contract it out to 3rd world countries with slave labor wages. You need to purchase from anyone but Dell.

Robert May76 Feb 03, 2012

Cancel your order. Purchase the TV from anyone but Dell. I would take this as a warning about their bad business practices.

jackyourworld Jan 15, 2012

Computor...Really? you mean a computer?

• Ga
    gatortracks Jan 15, 2012

Probably operator error.

Joe Simon Jan 15, 2012

I have been a Dell customer fot the last ten years and have been happy with the old Dimensions 2350 until it got so slow that I decided to replace it with another Dell. Big Mistake! i know have $2000 worth of crap that doesn't work. I have been sent three computors. This one is the only one that came close to working right and it has issues that you can not get resolved from Dell because they have no support! I went thru the gambit of foreigners. I went thru tech support, onto to supervisors and up to the Escalation Team which is the end of the road except for the legal team. I did run into some helpful people along the way but, no one could fix the crap they are selling! So, I have a computor that they will not take back because it is three months old, only because they sent the three of them to find one that would work and during that time my time period to return it expired. I have a printer that won't print. The computor I have now is not three months old but, they start the clock on the first one they send you. It has been a complete mistake and I am unhappy! Oh Well **** Dell! I hope this helps someone that is shopping for a new computor! Keep looking.

• Cl
    Clinton Dec 15, 2011

Oh Dell. How you have annoyed me. I went online and ordered a Dell. This should be a pretty easy process considering they are a computer manufacturer and pride themselves on making everything so easy and consumer friendly. I provided eveything they would need from personal bank stuff to credit card information. At this point I should be good to go. I eagerly await my brand new Dell computer. Then I get this really bizarre phone call from them. They said that they needed my passport to proceed with everything. Does this make sense to anyone. The only thing I can think of is that their customer service is outsourced and maybe he was trying to get my Visa information and he got confused. But even if that was the case, why would I have to provide that information again? Something is seriously wrong here. I think that somehow someone overseas hacked into to Dell Customer Service or their website and are contacting people to try and get credit card information.
    I was really concerned about this so I contacted my bank. They told me that they have never had ANY interactions on my account with Dell. So have they created a fake site off of the Dell site or is Dell just not doing their job keeping people’s personal information secure? Nothing about this seems in anyway right. I am now contemplating getting Lifelock or something because I really regret giving Dell any of my information to begin with.

JoJo1244 Sep 12, 2011

I have a problem with non delivery of portion of my order placed a month ago. I placed a call to Dell to request a refund for a non delivered item and after being transfered at least 10 times with a waiting period off approx 5 min each, I have no resolution. Each and every customer service rep asked my order number and my name and reason for calling. Then each proceded to transfer me to customer return center, time after time after time. Appologizing each time and not being able to take care of my order issue. After being transfered around for over hour and a half, I think I had steam coming out of my ears and foaming at the mouth, I had no choice but to give one of the reps an earfull and at least have the satisfaction of slamming the phone down. I've been Dell's customer for over 10 years purchasing over a dozen computers, but from now on I will conduct my business elsewhere. Beware, Dell has "NO" customer service.

• Do
    doekna Jun 17, 2011

havent you figured out yet that dells apparent issues with massive amounts of employee theft of customers but especially dell itself, is far outweighing any need that these employees in india feel the need to give to any of us...the quicker they can get us in and permanently out of their systems, the faster their deals are done and the faster the disgruntled customers go to other companies, with opinions of how bad dell customer services is, not how quick the extra ten or twenty computers and addresses got onto that customers records...

• Do
    doekna Jun 06, 2011

DELL HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY A GROUP OF THUGS IN INDIA. THEY HANDLE ALL CUSTOMER PHONE CALLS...I COULD GO ON FOR AN HOUR, BUT I JUST DONT FEEL LIKE COMPLAINING ABOUT THESE VARIOUS COMPANIES I HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH ANYMORE, WHEN THERE IS ZERO RESULTS FROM ANY OF THEM...BE WARNED!!!DO NOT GIVE DELL ANY PERSONAL INFO. EMPLOYEES ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN GO ONLINE AND GET INTO AND CHANGE YOUR RECORDS... PEOPLE OUGHT TO GROWUP, AND GET A CLLUE ABOUT WHAT ALL THIS IDENTITY THEFT STUFF IS ALL ABOUT...AND TRUST ME, NOBODY IS GOING TO HELP YOU..

• By
    Bye Dell May 27, 2011

I have Bought Dell computers since they first came out. I have always been a loyal customer. But, that is about to change. I buy on the average of 5 desktop and/or laptops for my family every 3 to 4 years. That ends today.
    I bought a XPS M1730 from dell awhile back and i can tell you its a piece of junk. I am in the process of buying a laptop and a few desktops and I am happy to say it wont be dell anymore. Now if i can talk my boss into getting away from dell i can pull another 200+ computers from them every year. since I am the IT admin is shouldnt be to hard. BYE DELL wont miss you.

• Ka
    katieebaybeex0 May 21, 2011

I got my first ever laptop for college last August and since within the first week of receiving my laptop I experienced nothing but problems!!! Between my laptop refusing to connect to the network or my printer deciding when it wanted to work I have had enough. I just sat on the phone with a representative for over 2 hours trying to connect my laptop to a new wireless network since I just recently moved and have a new router. After what seemed like them going into my computer and installing 20 updates to my laptop, he couldnt figure out what is wrong with my laptop/printer and is just sending me a new printer. I am so fed up with this company I will never purchase anything of their's ever again!

Rozlin May 07, 2011

I have heard that dell is trash all my life. I never would have bought from such an irrisposible company. However, my grandfather bout me an inspirion as a surprise for graduation. I should have returned it or thrown it in the garbage before I even opened the box. Thankfully my husband is quite knowledgable about computers and has been able to manuever around every problem that has come up. Untill today. I've had the lap top less than 6 months now. My husband did a defragmentation of the hard drive. it fiished, he tried to bring up an internet page and the computer crashed. when he tried to reboot it, it will no longer read the harddrive; says there is no hard drive. Aside from losing thousands of dollars worth of software, I lost all my daughters baby pictures. I don't even want the computer anymore. ever. And there's still over 6 months left on the warranty. I'm absolutely done and what I would really like to know is how Dell hasn't been the target of a riot, to be honest, after researching other's complaints about the company. There's actually an "Ihatedell.com". I know the beter bussiness bureau is useless. I know american quality control is a joke. There aren't a whole lot of options to deal with such a problem. However it makes me incredibly angry to know that it's so profitable for Dell to take advantage of people who don't know any better. If the tech actually shows up tommorrow I'm going to tell him to make it read the harddrive that has all my data on it or i'm going to beat him over the head with it and he can take it with him. I don't want the POS. I'd ask for a refund but I know that'll never happen or they'd have been out of bussiness by now. Besides it's not like they can refund the last year of my daughters life since all record of it is probably erased.

• La
    latka7 Mar 24, 2011

You're right. Dell is a rip off company as regards the ink cartridges. When I print I ALWAYS get a message that the ink cartridge is low and it continues to print well for months. I did refill my cartridges and that worked for a while but then the metal conductors on the cartridge goes bad. Dell is lying when they say you can only use their cartridges. I have found others I can use, I believe at Staples. Good luck.

• Un
    Unhappy W/Dell Mar 24, 2011

We have a Dell 948 printer and spend approximately $150.00 a year on ink cartridges. (This covers two black and one color every 5 months).We use our printer for home use and only when needed. These ink cartridges are only available from Dell and cannot be refilled to save money. Dell includes return envelopes to return the empty ink cartridges. In between uses, you can see that the ink level is lower each time the printer is turned on. I feel they could offer a discount when you return the empty ink cartridges to SAVE THEM MONEY!!! It is ridiculous.

• Ki
    Kimber Feb 23, 2011

I just had a customer service encounter with Dell that was terrible. Unfortunately, it was typical of my service experiences with Dell. Just so you know, I'm not just an average consumer. For the past three years I have been involved with training customer service to Fortune 100 companies and many other companies and organizations at that level. I know how to train good customer service, and I recognize when a company desperately needs to improve customer service. Dell's service is in desperate need of improvement.

Here are the specifics of my complaint.

Yesterday I contacted technical support about a non-functioning optical drive. The call resulted in a tech coming to my house today to replace the bad drive. That part of the experience was very good. The rest of it sucked.

1) When I called yesterday, the connection was terrible, as it has been every single time I've called Dell support since I got my computer. The agent who took the call was barely audible. The agent could barely speak any English and had to have me repeat myself many, many times, despite my speaking very slowly and enunciating very clearly, and the agent could barely speak English, so that I had to repeatedly ask them to repeat what they were saying. I'm not a fan of of-shoring jobs, but if you're going to do it, then at least get people who can speak and understand the language well. (So I don't have to repeat this portion, the bad connection and poor English skills is a complaint I've had with every single support call I've made to Dell).

2) The service agent's communications skills and etiquette are atrocious. Their culture may require them to make repeated, overly obsequious apologies every minute or two, but out culture doesn't. I comes across as irritating. When the agent needs me to hold, they don't need to say, "I need to investigate your problem further, please, would you hold for two or three minutes, please, while I seek to find and answer to your problem, please, and rest assured I will handle this problem for you okay." All they need to say is, "Would you please hold for a couple of minutes while I investigate your problem?" Simple and clean. When they return to the call they don't need to say, "Thank you very much for holding, I'm am sorry it took so long, sir, but I am still trying to find a solution to your problem would you please mind holding for another two or three minutes, please, while I continue to find a solution to your problem, and rest assured sir that I will be handling this problem for you completely." Very annoying. All they need to say is, "Thank you for holding. Would you mind holding a little longer while I continue to investigate?" If they're done investigating, and ready to solve the problem, all they need to say is, "Thank you for holding, I think I have a solution for you." Their constant overapologizing wastes my time an serves only to frustrate and anger me.

3) Now to the specifics of my complaint. When the support agent had me on the line yesterday he told me about a special on extending my computer's warranty Dell was running. He said it was a half-price special, but that I would have to buy a 4 year warranty. He quoted me a price of approximately $350 for the 4 year in-home service contract that included coverage for accidental damage, and approximately $200 for a service contract that included accidental damage but that required me to send it to Dell to have any work done. In both cases, if they could not repair the machine, they would replace it. He said it was a special for Christmas and New Year's and I told him I wanted to talk with my wife before making a decision.

I called today ready to purchase an extended warranty, but had a couple questions before deciding which one. After going through all the same crap I outlined in #1 and #2 above, I finally got to talk to a sales agent. Unfortunately, what she told me didn't jive at all with what the agent yesterday told me about the warranties. The agent today said the mail-in warranty was $228 plus another $90 if I wanted the accidental damage coverage, for a total of $318 -- a lot more than the $200 I was quoted yesterday. For the in-home contract she quoted me a price of $417 dollars, again, a lot more than the agent told me yesterday. The disparity really irritated me so I decided not to buy the warranty.

A couple of minutes after I ended the call, I got a call back from Dell from a supervisor who said he wanted to clarify the previous call because he'd heard I was irritated with the previous agent. The supervisor told me that the price for the mail-in warranty was $317 plus $90 for the accidental damage coverage for a 4 year contract. That's $90 dollars higher than the agent just a few minutes before and more than double the price quoted me yesterday. He proceeded to quote me a price of $510 for the in-home warranty with accidental damage coverage. That's $93 higher than a few minutes earlier and $160 higher than I was quoted yesterday. I that supervisor was trying to smooth ruffled feathers, he did nothing except convince me that the next time I needed a computer it would likely be a brand other than Dell.

I didn't ask for an extended warranty to be offered to me, but if your sales people are going to make the offer, then they shouldn't try to jack the price up every time I talk to someone different!

4) Finally, this evening I decided to complain about the service experience to Dell. I figured that as long as I was willing to remain quiet about lousy service, then lousy service is probably all I would ever get. Low and behold, the experience got even worse as I tried to complain about it!

I went to your website looking for a feedback for or email address for customer service. Unfortunately, you do not allow general feedback or customer service department contact. Every single avenue I was able to find required that I note whether I had a comment about order status or tech support or financial services. No where on your site is there a way to make a general comment or send feedback to a complaint. The feeling I got after having spent 45 minutes trying to find someone to make this complaint was that Dell has no interest in providing customers a way to complain or comment. If that was your intention, good job. If that wasn't, then you really need to work on your website.

I finally resorted to Google to find some way of registering my dissatisfaction, that's where I found the email addresses I used above. I don't really expect any of them to be valid anymore, nor do I expect to ever hear from anyone at Dell. Up to this point it has been pretty obvious that Dell has little interest in developing customer satisfaction or loyalty. I will be more than a little shocked if anyone from Dell responds.

I'm done now, except to say that as soon as I send this email I am going to look for places online where I can post this experience. Maybe if enough complaints get out on the Internet Dell will finally decide it's time to improve its customer service experience.

• Ka
    kaj0607 Dec 16, 2010

Jan. 12, 2010, I purchased a notebook and dell wireless printer at the same time. They were unable to hook my printer to my wireless connection. They messed something up while trying and when it would not work he blamed me, said I must have removed software that was needed to get the printer online wireless. They were the ones setting it up. So they were unable to get the printer online and messed something up I could not even get back online wireless for my notebook. I was told I would have to call tomorrow and have the software tech help with that issue. They decided to send a new printer to make sure it was not causing the problem. That call took 3 hours and all I got was no wireless connection. I called the next day they got me back online wireless. However, I did not have the new printer. When I did get the new printer I was afraid to have them try again because I did not want the same thing to happen as last time. Therefore, I have been unable to use the printer since the day I bought it.
    Yesterday 12/15/2010, 11:30 AM ES time I called simply because of a font issue I was on the phone until 2:15 PM, he fixed the font issue (not correctly) and told me my computer was running slow. He said I had a virus and he could take care of it. I was offered to purchase iyogi software for $100.00 for a year or $50.00 for one time. This software would keep the computer from further issues i.e. crashed, viruses etc. I told him I already bought a dell solution contract for $199.00 good for one year and I should not have to buy anything else. He continued trying to sell me iyogi software. I told him to quit asking I am not buying anything even if it cost a penny. He finally gave up. I told him about the printer still not being hooked up he said, "Well lets do that now." It took until 2:15 pm (2 hrs.) The only thing he accomplished was to screw something up and I was wireless again for my notebook and still no printer. He said he would have to have a senior tech call to get me back online wireless and my printer also.
    I receive a call from the senior tech at 4:00 P.M. I was on the phone with him until 9:00 P.M that is five hours later but I was finally online wireless and with my printer. After all this, he had me run an alignment page. The printer started the testing, when it finished the only color on the paper was a very light yellow. He said that since I had the ink so long it was probably dried up. The ink was in its original packaging. I am not sure if it can dry up while in the original packaging.
    Here comes the real kicker. He said, "This service call would be considered one of three major incidents that were covered under the Dell Solution Center." I was not going to argue with him. Eight hours on the phone in one day was all I could take.

10:30 am Dec. 16, 2010. I just called Dell Solution Center to discuss yesterday's incident. He agreed the first tech messed something up and he would remove the first incident of the three from the contract.
    Now I am afraid to open my notebook to see what it will do. I am on my old faithful Dell Dimension from 2003.

• Pi
    Piano Lady Dec 15, 2010

I ordered a Sony 46 inch 1080p lcd tv from Dell on 11/29/2010 due to the cyber Monday deal. I was originally given the expected on or delivery date of 12/13/2010. When that date rolled around and still no tv, I called and was told there was a delay and the date was pushed back to 12/17/2010. I have been sending emails & calling Dell's customer service and being told that the item was back-ordered from the vendor. Now today, 12/15/2010...I check my account and it's showing a new delivery date of 12/22/2010. I am on a budget and am currently without a tv. If I cancel now, I won't be able to find it for the cyber Monday price and I cannot seem to get any kind of actual idea when or if I will eventually get this item. Before this order, I have had nothing but praises for Dell but it seems their company has become unreliable.

• Jerry Fang Dec 15, 2010

I have never trust buying from DELL.. all their $h!t are cheap and very low end computer. My step dad have 4-5 computers that he bought from Dell which he pay$1500 each. I open one up to upgrade Ram and found out they put cheap motherboard and cost 30-50 dollars at a local computer retailer. The computer my step dad have only cost 200-250 at the most to have it built or 300-400 dollars for an Acer or a Gateway. Dell is a ripoff never buy from them. And those TV's that they're selling are not even their brand. Come on.. If I want to buy a HDTV, I might as will buy it direct or from a retailer. I'll pay an extra buck to get the rite stuff with no delay.

• Bl
    Blut Dec 13, 2010

I placed an order with Dell for a Vizio 47-inch E470VA 1080p LCD HDTV on 11/29/2010 during their advertised Cyber Monday special. I had debated between buying this special or one on Amazon but went with Dell. That was a major mistake on my part as I have never had a problem with Amazon and shop with them all the time.

I received my order acknowledgment from Dell (Dell Purchase ID: [protected])on 11/30/2010. After a few days I started to become concerned when my order status was not updated and contacted Dell support.

When I called, the support rep said I would have to call the next day because their system tools were down. On 12/6/2010 I finally received a cancellation notice with the following text:

"This is to inform you that a technical error occurred during processing that resulted in our inability to gather the information necessary to fulfill your recent order. As a result, we have cancelled the order. You have not been charged for this order."

"The fastest way to reinstate your order is for you to visit www.dell.com and place a new order."

Of course by this time I had missed out on an opportunity to get a good deal and they have raised the price on this TV back to their regular price. I have purchased hundreds of items online over the years and have never had an order confirmed and then "lost". This is supposed to be a huge technical company.

I have since been in contact with their order support team and they will not honor the original purchase price from Cyber Monday.

I highly recommend you stay away from them as their customer support is the worst I have ever seen especially with a company as big as theirs.

• Ju
    Just be fair Oct 05, 2010

I had the very same experience just recently in Sept. 2010 when my 4 yr. old desk top computer had a virus; coincidently when my "warranty" had expiered. After a week long contact with a different person calling me every day from India and telling me I had to "buy" a new part so they could "fix" my computer I called a halt when they had sold me over $400 for parts and wanted me to purchase another $200 worth. I demanded my money back and finally got it credited to my account ONLY when I mentioned I would contact our federal Consumers Affairs Office here in the U.S. which I would have had they not immediately credited my account. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Michigan

• Ki
    Kits47 Sep 16, 2010

Very true and entirely consistent with my experience. If this was once a reliable, ethical company it surely is not any longer.

• Un
    unchienne Aug 31, 2010

Having my own bad experiences with Dell, I have to say that I just don't understand why they continue to use overseas call agents when they are arguably the main reason people detest Dell. Overseas call centers are NOT efficient or productive. And it's not just the language barrier, though that contributes. A lot of it is the cultural differences. There is little to no sense of customer empathy or support in India. And I'm not saying that as an insult but as a simple fact. Heck, even my Indian friends will go on and on about how difficult it is to just return something over there. There is no wrong or right. Their assumption is always that the customer is just out of luck. So it's no surprise that many of the Indian call reps will just hang up on you if they don't feel like dealing with you. Who's going to admonish them? Their supervisors? They hang up on you too.

I understand about cutting costs, but you don't cut costs at the sacrifice of the very thing that built your reputation.

• Pr
    pratolina Aug 18, 2010

WE PEOPLE FROM UNITED STATES SHOULD NOT BUY FROM TREACHERUS COMPANIES THAT LEFT THIS COUNTRY IN ORDER TO GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY TO BE MORE PROFITABLE. IN THIS WAY THIS COMPANIES ARE ABLE TO EXPLOIT THE PEOPLE FROM BOTH SIDES.
    WHEN YOU CALL DELL, THEY ANSWER FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD. THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE HIDING IN A PHONE LINE OR ON LINE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SEE THEIR FACES.

BUT WE ARE NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE EMPLOYEES THAT ANSWER THE PHONES. WE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FAT CATS THAT DO NOT DO ANYTHING...JUST PUT THEIR LEGS ON THE DESK AND WAIT FOR THE CHECK.

• Pr
    pratolina Aug 18, 2010

DELL GO TO HELL!!!

Dell is very FAST TO TAKE THE MONEY BUT THEY TAKE FOREVER TO DELIVER THE SERVICE.!!!

THEY ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES!!!

I ADVISED PEOPLE TO GET TOGETHER AND OPEN A "CLASS ACTION" AGAINST THIS BUNCH OF ABUSIVE ROBBERS!!!

• Pa
    Pasketi Aug 02, 2010

Alright. I got handed down a very nice Dell computer from my mother, who bought it in 2003. It was working PERFECT. No problems at all. Until it got a virus. A nasty, nasty virus that drove me to just do a PC restore. You know, it needed to be cleaned out anyway.
    So, I called Dell Customer Support.
    Got some man from India that didn't speak English, and if he did I couldn't understand him. Asked to be transferred. I was. This man I could understand, but there was clanging in the background and such. I was a bit peeved by then. Anyway, I simply asked him out you do a PC restore on this computer. Dell Dimension 3000.
    He said, "Have you try turn off computer?" and asked that for about twenty minutes until I hung up.
    I called my dad, who is VERY computer-savvy, has his own business, but knows nothing about Dells.
    So, he called them, did a bit of research, called me back and said, "Ask to speak with Tech-Level-Three"
    I learned then that when you call Dell Customer Support, you're directed first to Tech-Level-One, then Tech-Level-Two, who are still Indians that don't speak English, THEN you have to yell and ask to be connected to Tech-Level-Three.
    Gave them my number, hung up, and what do you know. A technician from California called me thirty minutes later and answered my question in five minutes.
    Dell = good computers.
    Tech Support = Bad.

Markov Jul 05, 2010

After purchasing a dell wireless printer that did not work they kept me on phone for 2 hrs only to find they had to send me a replacement printer the second printer does not operate wirelessly, after 2 1/2 hrs they only managed to uninstall my media application so now it is time for another phone call. the next phone call was again about two hrs and after having having them reinstall the media application i learned they removed my anti virus software. So another phone call and another couple of hrs to do something about my virus software. In the meantime my wireless printer is still not functioning wirelessly. They cost me about 10 hrs on the phone this has all happen within two days of recieving the computer. I will never purchase a dell product again.

• Fi
    Filthy Dell Jun 02, 2010

I called Dell for technical support recently. They guaranteed that with a $59.00 charge my problem would be resolved. After paying the fee, and within a couple of minutes they escalated the problem to the next level of technical support who said that with $119.00 they would have the issue resolved. At that point I demanded my money back. They promised to refund the $59.00 within 10 business days. That was about a month ago. I called back to complain two weeks ago. They had the supervisor on the line who promised again, to refund the money within 10 business day - he even provided me with a service request number. Since then I have not seen any refund.

This tells me that Dell has trained their employees to become lairs and thieves. Dell has taken their customer service to the next level - pulling dirty tricks on their helpless customers just to make a few dollars!!

I will never purchase anything from this lying filthy company!!

• Fr
    FrustratedCollegeStudent May 14, 2010

GO TO AARP (FOR CONSUMER AFFAIRS), THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, AND CONTACT MR.DELL HIMSELF, WHATEVER YOU DO NOT CALL, THEY WILL LIE ABOUT THE CONTACT INFO, HIS ADDRESS IS ON THE INTERNET