Having problems with Debenhams?

Debenhams Customer Service Contacts

1890 946 779 (Ireland)
+44 207 387 8723 (International)
+44 148 448 1361 (Large Electricals & Laptops)
+44 330 660 0941 (Made-To-Measure Curtains)
+44 333 220 2519 (The Debenhams Credit Card)
+44 344 800 8877 (General Information)
+44 344 561 6161 (Gift Cards And Vouchers Purchased In Store)
+44 371 384 3401 (Gift Cards And Vouchers Purchased Online)
+44 345 340 9575 (Gift Cards Purchased For Schools)
10, Brock Street, Regent's Place
London, England, Greater London
United Kingdom - NW1 3FG
Locations

Ireland
54-62 Henry Street, Dublin 1, Republic of Ireland

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Debenhams Customer Service. Initial Debenhams complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Debenhams above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Debenhams. Discuss the issues you have had with Debenhams and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

DebenhamsRefunds

Debenhams is sadly being mislead by the franchise group AlShaya International Trading Co.

AlShaya has implemented in Saudi Arabia which means now when you purchase from any AlShaya store they will not give you a cash refund if the goods are unsuitable but will only give you a store credit. This is very frustrating in a country where women cannot drive and cannot try on clothing. Whats more as a consumer I want freedom of choice to buy and not be forced back into their stores. Furthermore if you do not use the credit within 12 months you lose it. Surely this is against the rules of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. AlShaya seem to be taking full advantage of the weakness in the consumer protection act in Saudi Arabia. Sadly Debenhams plc are being misinformed by AlShaya that what they are doing is legal.

• Mh
      M. Hussam Mar 16, 2013

I visited debenhams at kingdom tower in Riyadh - saudi Arabia last week end and I had a very bad experience with highly ignorant management. I took a set of socks priced as SR 40 to the cashier and it turned out that the price was SR 80 and the deputy manager informed me that it was labeled wrongly, I told him that this is not my problem and you should give the price on the tag but he refused that so I said I don't want to take it at this price and when I spoke with the department manager about this, he told his deputy that you should give the customer what the sticker says. Furthermore, last week end was 25% off, and all their fitting rooms were under construction ( men and women ) so you can't try-on what you buy, and if you did not like the item you can't get your cash money back, what a stupid management policies.

DebenhamsAppalling Customer Service. Needs Addressing!!

I am not having a good experience with shopping online from Spain with Debenhams. I shop online on a regular basis with many other brands, some a lot smaller than Debenhams, and have no complaints with their customer service but Debehams really needs to address their customer service. I find it appalling that in this day and age customer services will not call me back because I am overseas. So instead I am forced to deal with very slow email responses that do not address the points I have raised - infuriating! It all started last year when an expensive item was lost in "transit" and they would not simply resend the item. Instead I had to wait to be refunded and then reorder, except the item was now back to full price and they would not honour the original price. I tried to buy it (several times!) anyway, I wanted it so badly, but even though it showed available in the system, when my order was processed each time I got an email back a few days later, saying it had been unfulfilled, yet it appeared to have purchased at the time. I still do not know if that was Debenhams refusing to send me another of the same item. If it was no longer available it shouldn´t have shown as available.

Then, just last week I have had a new incident with my order not being fulfilled (again, though it appeared at the time to have gone through) and no explanation as to why, and I am looking for the best place to post it for an immediate answer as it was my husband´s birthday present needed for Tues 20th March - too late now! What I do not understand is why a department store as huge as Debenhams has such terrible customer service. Debenhams, you really need to address this...there are much lesser known companies and shops offering a customer service far superior to yours! I cannot tell you how disappointed and flummoxed I am. Answers please! A phone call would be much appreciated.

Debenhamslost order

Having place an internet order for collection in store with a 4 day delivery time, having heard nothing, after 3 weeks decided to call in and collect. The store had no information on the order and put me through to debenhams customer service. They had processeed the item and dispatched it to store but it was now "lost in the system". Simple can you re-send it. Not so easy the original order has to be re-funded and a new order placed. Sounds great except the new order is placed at the current price! Which in this case increased the price of the item from £18 to £30 no amount of harranging would make them honour the original price, despite me "loaning" them my money for 3 weeks. I consider this sharp practice and will not be entertaining debenhams products any more.

Jane Makepeace Mar 16, 2012

I had exactly the same thing happen to me: item was lost in "transit" late last year and they would not simply resend the item. Instead I had to wait to be refunded and then reorder except the item was now back to full price and they would not honour the original price.

Just last week I have a new incident with my order not being fulfilled and no explanation as to why, and I am looking for the best place to post it for an immediate answer as it was my husband´s birthday present. What I do not understand is why a department store as huge as Debenhams has such terrible customer service. Debenhams, you really need to address this...there are much lesser known companies and shops offering a customer service far superior to yours! I cannot tell you how disappointed and flummoxed I am. Answers please!

Jane Makepeace

DebenhamsDebenhams

I currently work in this joke of a department store, they dont like paying their staff properly or at all sometimes, or giving holidays and days off. The managers think theres nothing better then them, they are the worst trained people ive ever met and have absolutly no people skills at all. Debenhams couldnt care less about customers its all about making sales and making their staffs lives hell. Worst department store ever, i suggest boycotting this hell hole!!!

Debenhams Retail PLCLack of customer service

On 26th March I ordered and paid for 2 sofas from Debenhams. I was advised that delivery would be 8 weeks and that I would be contacted a week prior to this date to arrange this.

After 7 weeks I still had not received any information about this order and therefore contacted Debenhams via email to query this. 12 days later Debenhams responded by leaving a message stating that delivery would not be until mid-end of July, approximately 4 months after I had placed the order. There was no explanation for the delay or an apology for the inconvenience this would cause. I felt that this was unacceptable and again emailed to indicate how upset I was that they did not feel that either an explanation or apology was appropriate.

Their reply on 1st June stated "When you receive your furniture and have inspected it I would suggest you contact Customer Relations in order for us to assess compensation for you. We do, however, have a scaled rate of compensation which we must maintain in order to be fair to all our customers. Please accept our apologies for the slight delay experienced, and be assured that every effort is being made to ensure that your order receives top priority for delivery."

It was not compensation that I was seeking. I merely wanted an apology and explanation. Whilst I have, to some extent, received this, I feel it is unacceptable to describe a delay of 8 weeks, in addition to an already long order time of 8 weeks, as "slight". Also, I do not feel that it should take 3 written complaints before an apology is forthcoming.

I would not advise anyone to order furniture from Debenhams. I am a Debenhams account holder and used to place orders with Debenhams online on a monthly basis. I am so disappointed with the treatment I have received that I will purchase from a different company in future wherever possible.

Debenhams store cardNon closure of my card.

I have now been trying to close this account for two years. Each time they assure me that this has been done they send me another card.

• El
                Elisabeth Blachard Aug 23, 2011

I just paid $24, 31 for an iPad2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic GF 1 Camera that we got for $34, 26 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 42 inch LED TV to my boss for $678 which only cost me $68, 18 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, CentSpace.com

DebenhamsPoor & Slow Customer Service

This morning I picked up a briefcase with a marked price of £19.99. Taking it to the till I asked for it to be sold to me at the marked price. The till girl went to fetch a supervisor, who then went to fetch a manager. The manager removed the label and said it was incorrectly labelled and suggested that I may have labelled it myself so as to gain a cash benefit. She then 'removed the goods from sale' as she put it.

I'm not sure that here actions were legal and the suggestion that I labelled it myself must be libelous.

It is a fact that I had not touched the briefcase but I did suspect an incorrect price.

Of significance is the attitude of the staff which was extremely rude, very offhand, not all customer interested and very brusque. They may have saved £50 but I'll never shop there again.

Beautybox.comStop them!

Just wanted to alert anyone who buys Victoria Jackson make up sets. The sellers usually sell the product outside WHSmith, where they claim that Victoria Jackson products are used by lots of celebrities. They claim that the products are worth £200. They also gave me a website called www.beautybox.com where they said I would get an 80% discount off products for 2 years. I bought the make up set for £30 in November 2010, and today I accessed their website. My Internet detected that it was a scam page, and I looked on the internet and found that there are lots of reviews saying about Victoria Jackson make up being a scam. The products are apparently very cheap and made in China. I was foolish to buy one set, but at least I didn't buy 2 as they were trying to persuade me to get more sets as gifts for my friends for Christmas. They were very persuasive and I thought they were a genuine company. I do use the products that I got in the make up set, but I just want to warn everyone about this scam as people may spend hundreds of pounds on more products. Something must be done to stop them!

DebenhamsStore card chaos

Cancelled my Debenhams Card a year ago due to a billing error but decided to give it another go before Christmas. Set up a direct debit in November. Checked my bank account to find that the first debit payment had been rejected. Fought my way through the automatic answering service to eventually talk to someone at Santander to be told it was a mistake, and the that the £12 refusal charge would be refunded. Had to pay the outstanding balance over the phone there and then by ceredit-card. Assured everything would be ok in future. Then tried to buy a jumper online and my card was rejected despite the correct login and card details and security number. Fought my way through the automatic answering service again to be told that there was no reason for it to be rrejected and that "they would get back to me". Looked at my bank account this morning and another £12 deducted despite my balance being nil. Also tried to buy online again to see if my card now worked. No it doesn't. Fought my way again to a customer rep who told me that the £12 was a mistake and would be refunded. She saw no reason that my card should be rejected and had no idea what happenend to the follow-up from my last phone call. Closed my account. WHAT ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL SERVICE.

Debenhams — security

my mother bought my 3 children shirts and trousers on the 18th december at debenhams in carlisle, to wear on...

Carlisle

DebenhamsStore Card

Store do not give the extra discount during 'sales' as announced on tannoy for using their store card, unless you say that is what you want to at the till. Even then it depends which till. If it is a Debenhams till you stand a chance but if it is for eg. Jane Norman you won't get the discount even if you are buying a Debenhams product and not from their product line. I think if they announce on the tannoy to use your store card to purchase your items with to receive the extra discount that is what they should do. The onus should not be on the customer when it is their announcements adviser the customers to use their credit cards and then, they shouldn't argue at the point of payment about which items are included. If it is a Debenhams sale then everything in the store should be included!

• So
                        *sophie* Jan 26, 2011

If you listen to the tannoys they usually stipulate the terms etc of it. With Debenhams it's usually the new accounts 10% OR with a voucher. It usually excludes certain concessions (i.e. chains that are stores in their own right such as Jane Norman). Trust me I listen to those bloody tannoys everyday, for hours and hours.

Debenhams Credit CardBalance Transfer Missing

A Balance Transfer was requested from Debenhams credit card to Halifax Credit card on 21st of April 2009. After a month when I saw the credit card statements, the balance transfer was showing on the Debenhams statement but it never reached Halifax Card.

Debenhams was contacted in first week of June as it was identified. Was told that it could take upto 7-10 or sometimes 20 days.
                      Contacted again after 20 day period was told that the complaint has been file and someone will call from the compalint department in 48 hours which hasn't happened.

Called again and was told that there is not need for me to call as its been looked at and will get the explanation in written.

Called again on 2nd of July after talking to the agents for 37 minutes got Manager on phone and he told that he is not sure what has happend as the enquiry has been removed. So was promised that within 7 days will get a written explanation.

Its been 7 days today and still no phone or any written communication.

Not sure what to do now as paying minimum payment on the amount that hasn't been received.

• Sr
                          srinivasa cherukula Jan 26, 2010

Hi This is srinivas,
                          I have done a balance transfer from debenhams credit card to HSBC credit card, balance never appeard on HSBC credit card and it was appeared in my Debenhams statetement, I left country and tried many times calling Debenhams no use, I called GE money no use, I called HSBC, they said I need to trace with Debenhams only not with HSBC. Whom to contact, I have lost all my credit history and struggling alot to get a card, phone contract any thing. Who will help to raise a complaint and go to to human rights.

• Sr
                          srinivasa cherukula Jan 26, 2010

I have requested the balance transfer in December 2008 and contacted them many times, the response was so poor.

• El
                          Elaine Parsons Jan 17, 2011

Despite repeated phone calls to very poor english speaking call centre operatives I have still not received a refund of about £70.00 on my Debenhams Credit Card which I accidentally overpaid in October 2010. They have lied so many times and said it has been sent or will be done within three days but still no joy. I cancelled the credit card a while ago because out of the blue I received a letter saying they were putting up my interest to almost 28 per cent Our local Santander branch were totally disinterested and told me to go to Debenhams Customer Services and take it up with them.
                          I would never ever deal with Santander again.

jazzymina Aug 23, 2011

im having the sam problem with the ###!

Debenhams — I was &arrested&

A shop assistant in Ilford Debenhams told me that I was NOT ALLOWED to stand outside my daughter'...