Dealer Cost Car AudioScam

N

Made purchase at www.dealercostcaraudio.com on 07/05/09. After 1 week of not receiving any information regarding shipment, I sent an email to DCCA. They responded that order would be shipped by the end of week. They subsequently gave the same answer the next 3 weeks.

I got tired of waiting, and cancelled the order on 08/12/09. I received a confirmation email on 08/12/09 that the order was cancelled and credit would be applied to charge card within 7-14 days. After not receiving a credit in 14 days, I sent an email to DCCA trying to get information regarding the credit. After many emails they finally said the credit had been applied on 08/17/09.

I filed a complaint with the BBB on 08/28/09. I contacted my credit card company on 08/31/09 and disputed the charge. DCCA replied to the BBB complaint on 09/01/09 and stated that the credit had been applied to my card on 08/12/09. I responded to their BBB response that as of 09/02/09, no credit had been applied to my account. I also stated that since a BBB complaint had been filed, I'm sure DCCA would blame a technical error, and a credit would show up on my account within 2 days.

On 09/03/09 a credit finally showed on my account.

• Mm
    mmichi Oct 05, 2009

These guys really have ### customer support, they don't update you on your order and they charge the full amount to your card RIGHT AWAY.

They only half-shipped the order and every time I try to call for an update its 45-50 minutes on hold. They say 'send an email its faster' but waiting 1 day fo remail reply is rediculus. Still waiting for part 2 of the order (2+ months now).

Dont order from them if you want your goods right away!

• Mi
    Micheal Riley Oct 17, 2009

I am a US Army Soldier currently deployed to Afghanistan & having to deal with this company is one of the worst things that can happen to someone during a combat deployment.the worst customer service & after reading all these reviews I do agree that this company is a big scam & bad joke.I have to worry about making the right choices out here to stay alive & at the same time have in mind that there are people in the states taking the money I have not only worked but fought for!
    I have emailed them several times & received bogus emails.Today i have finnally received the the email confirming my cancellation & that my money will be refunded.I have contacted the BBB, a California TV station, my bank, my laywer & will go see my military legal representative as well as the Inspecting General (I.G.) in order to make sure that my money is in my account within 7days.I highly doubt that the american people & a court will like the fact that this company is running scams on service members fighting a war for you...

Will keep you guys updated.

Micheal Riley

• Ba
    banos Nov 02, 2009

Beware!
    I am writing from Greece. I have bought many items from several US Companies and I have to say that most of them were professionals. But this company is a nightmare. For sure it is not a Company!!!
    I ordered and paid a car alarm (Viper 5900) from this seller on 14/9/2009. According to their “site” the time about shipping is the following: “3-7 business days & all orders ship within 7 business days, but fact being 95% of our orders ship within 24-48 hours”. Until 24/10/2009 they had not shipped anything to me, by making cheap excuses that they do not have it at stock! I asked them about the tracking number and I received emails like these: “We will get this done immediately”, “Tracking will be emailed automatically” etc. On 30/9/2009 they sent me that: “We apologize. We are still waiting for the 5900's to be transferred in. We are hoping this week we will see a shipment”. On 8/10/2009 after my pressure on them for sending at least sth, they offered to send me another (a better one) car alarm (Viper 5901) with the following email: “Let us know what to do, we will do it immediately. The 5900 was delayed, can we ship 5901”? I agreed to send me the new one, Viper 5901. On 9/10/2009 I received the following email: “Okay. It will be able to ship this upcoming week”. From then (9/10/09) until (24/10/09) after sending them many emails I received answers like: - “Okay. It will be able to ship this upcoming week.” - Let's touch base Tuesday/Wednesday for tracking”. - “5901 is backordered until next week.” - “Yes, it can ship next week. Can you email us next Wednesday to confirm?” - “The Viper 5901's can ship this week.” - “Yes, I don't think it will be an issue.” - “Yes, will be out.”etc,

On 24/10/2009 my Order was cancelled and they promised a Full refund immediatelly (as they got my money immediatelly). Until now I did not get anything back (I mean money)… except from this email on 2.11.2009: “So you would 100% rather have a refund?”………

I disputed the charges with my Bank and I filed complaints with the BBB.
    They don't stock anything and when you can contact them after waiting forever you always get the similar silly and general pointless answers.

• Co
    Cory Berg Nov 06, 2009

I had ordered a subwoofer on 10/06/09 from this so called "company" with my CHECK CARD (remember) and got an email immediately stating that it was confirmed that my order has been processed and that I should be receiving a tracking number within 7 days. I received no email with tracking number 7 days after the initial order so I decided to call them and see what was going on. After about an hour or so on hold I got threw, I was given the answer of "pioneer is being slow" even though their website shows that the subwoofer was IN STOCK. I then waited until 10/12/09 to send them an email asking what the deal is with my purchase and why it is taking so long for them to send it out. At this point I was getting tired of playing games trying to get through with their phones so I emailed them asking to cancel the order and get the refund. This was 10/13/09 when I sent the initial email asking for the refund and cancel, I got a response from "Robert Jones" saying that he can TRY and get it canceled and for me to touch base with him within 1-2 days to confirm. I then sent him an email on the next day asking how the process is coming along and he responds "should be 2-3 days or less". So far it has been over 2 weeks since the initial order and nothing to show for it. I decided to be patient for a little bit, giving them the benefit of the doubt. I waited until 10/19/09 to email them again as to where my money is because I still haven't received it. They then send me an email stating that is has now just been UPDATED to the status of CANCELED... and that it takes between 7-14 business days to get my money back. I waited the 7 days and still have nothing back from them. I once again called them I called them on 11/04/09 (almost an entire month from original purchase date) to try and figure out what the deal is yet again... the only answer i received was "it can take up to one billing cycle and that I should see it very shortly, within the next couple days". Now remember I used a CHECK CARD not a CREDIT CARD to purchase this item, a check card doesn't use a billing cycle. It should have just gone directly into my account. Nader (or whatever his name is, he talks too fast to make other people feel like he knows what he is talking about) that all i have to do is send them an email with a fax number asking for a "refund receipt" because apparently by law they cant just email it or send it in the mail, BS. I emailed them with a fax number requesting the receipt on 11/04/09, immediately right after I got off the phone with him. I expected to see it by the end of the day but didn't, so I emailed them yet again asking for it to be sent by tomorrow morning (11/05/09) and still nothing. I have been getting played with and toyed around for an entire month now by this SCAM of a company. These people have TERRIBLE customer service, this so called "company/business" is a JOKE! I have read other reviews from people and apparently I am not the only person who has a problem with these people. I also did some more research and stumbled upon these facts... In the past 36 months they have had 253 complaints with the better business bureau! That is ridiculous! guess I should have done this research before I got into this whole mess. PS... I still don't have my money back (11/06/09)

• Fe
    FernandoConrado Nov 18, 2009

I was bought 2 items of this So-called "Company"
    A Punch P400-4 Fosgate and a pair of JBL Speakers.
    They take my money by credit card and never send the purchases.
    It is the Worst experience with shopping in internet.
    I have 10 years what I buy for the Internet of USA and I had never problems.I'm Brazillian!
    They guys are a clean face thieves!

• Do
    Doorman1 Dec 09, 2009

Don't ever buy from them. I ordered my speakers back in July and still have not recieved them yet and it is now Dec. 9th. I was going to ask for my money back but after reading other complaints I figured I just need to talk to the BBB. Still no speakers though. For more info on this company use Google search and type in dealer cost car audio complaints and there is story after story.

• Ka
    KarL82 Dec 14, 2009

Ordered product never received. Cancelled order, but never received refund.

Marke247 Dec 16, 2009

I ordered a subwoofer and they never shipped the itm. They said it shipped but they never shipped the item. If you talk with UPS they have never shipped anything through them so anything to the contrary is a lie.

I also filed a complaint with the FTC and I would suggest everyone else to do the same, maybe we can run these thieves out of business. I find it very peculiar that every order from this "company" is on back order. That tells me that they don't have any products at all but are just trying to scam people out of their money.

If you would like to file another complaint with another site concerning this company, (which I have done), go back to http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/ and look at the right hand side below the shop by manufacturer text. You will see a gold star looking symbol. Click on that and then click on certified store rating FAQ. Then click on the right hand side under Alert! Customer help. The customer help section will open and then click on e-mail support and e-mail them with your concerns. I asked them the question as to how they can let this company use their logo. I'm sure if enough of us ask the question they will listen. I also pointed them to this site. Maybe you could as well. I purposly left out the name of the company so Dealer cost couldn't complain about a violation of the policy. Although the site is on their own page. I did the same with the seal on the left side, just so you know that you can also.

Marc Feb 23, 2010

Wish I had read reviews sooner on Dealer Cost Car Audio dealercostcaraudio.com...

After waiting 3 weeks for shipment, we cancelled our order and were told to expect a refund soon. We gave them the benefit of the doubt, as Robert Jones strung us along through countless emails.

Now nearly 4 months later, they STILL have not voluntarily refunded the money due. I have contacted my bank; they are doing what is neccesary to get the refund. I highly suggest anyone in the same situation do so as well. In the amount of time you'd spend waiting for someone at DCCA to answer the phone, my bank took all the details and is taking care if it.

This SCAM of a company needs to be shut down NOW and learn the meaning of "what goes around comes around".

BUYERS BEWARE!!!

• Ga
    Gareth Apr 29, 2010

Do not ever place an order with Dealer Cost Car Audio. I wish I had done soem research before I made this mistake. If you look them up on the Better Business Bureau you will see their track record. I placed an order on February 1st for a car stereo. Within 24 hours they withdrew the funds from my account - they waste no time whatsoever doing that. Here it is April 14th and I have still not received my order. I have however have been getting many emails from them saying "a couple of more days, just a bit longer, 1-2 more days, etc" It is all [email protected]#$. They will tell you the item is on backorder, etc. They will even send you an email saying your order has shipped and when you click on the UPS tracking number it says Billing Information Received. I put a complaint on the BBB website and got a phone call from DCCA within 5 minutes. The guy Matt tells me if I revoke my review they will overnight my order to me. Can you believe this? All you have to do is look this company up on any consumer review site and you will see the truth. DO yourself a favor and avoid this company. They will advertise great prices for their products and try to lure you in, and will take your money with a quickness but, getting your order to you...that is another LONG story.

• Th
    Thomas May 13, 2010

oredered, they took my money instantly.-$1009.00. They did not ship so i started asking for tracking number and they said "any second now"-never happened, so i canceled. They confirmed my canceled order and said refund in

"7 to 10 days". 1 month later and they say they have refunded my money but they have not. This "company is a scam". I don't believe there is a store or any product. Check out all the reviews and the bbb rating of "F". Be smart enough to recognise the bogass reviews that are added by the criminals. Do not be a fool like i was. This is a scam!!! File a dispute w/ your card company and get your money back- its the only way you will get it back!

• Ph
    Phoenix123 Jun 08, 2010

DEALER COST CAR AUDIO IS A SCAM. Do not place an order. They do not have your product. You will get the run around, you will spend months and many wasted hours trying desperately to get your product or even just your money back. I still do not have my money after 11 emails, 5 promises, 2 phone calls, and countless hours involved. I did not find out how many people that have screwed over until recently.

They will make up every excuse in the book, like it only happens to a few products (in my case only Kenwoods, but nearly everyone's order is different and you can go through the huge lists of complaints and see it has nothing to do with the product you ordered.)

The only time they ever took initiative to call or write to me was once I posted a negative review, and then they finally said that they would cancel my order, but still no money returned. They told me that they cannot be a scam since they charge by creditcard, but they are snakes, and it is a scam. They make their money by customer's procrastination to file a dispute. You only have 90 days to dispute it. If I listened to them, I would certainly have passed that point. They threatened a $50 charge against me if I called to cancel the payment. They told me that the bank would charge me since they did nothing wrong. This is a lie, I checked with the bank, at the time I filed my dispute. DCCA also looked up my personal company's name on the internet (it was not provided to them) and threatened my company if I made any negative posts. They only care about protecting their scam and nothing else. There have been some people to get their money back from these guys, but it appears to only be the ones who are going to the authorities or making negative posts. By the way, they will tell you they do 30, 000 units every month and we are just the unlucky few. Don't believe this lie either. They neither have the rankings, the facility, or enough products in stock to do it. As of today here are their collective rankings:

Trustlink: 1 star out of 5 with 105 reviews
    BBB : F ranking with 898 complaints as of yesterday and 909 as of today.
    Pricegrabber.com: 1.66 out of 5 over the past 6 months with 94 reviews

They are liars and will bully you and tell you that filing a claim may get you in trouble. I am telling you this now. DO NOT LET THEM DO THIS TO YOU. Stand up and fight. Let's take them down collectively so they cannot do this to others. If they have owed you a product for more than 30 days and have not refunded your money or given you an exact date they are in violation of the FTC mail order rule. Money is to be returned in 7 business days of your written request (and it does not have to come from their web page like they tell people), and it must be back on your credit card in one billing cycle. You only have 90 days to file a dispute, and they are making their money by convincing people to wait through this limit. Many people don't file a dispute because of the time/energy/bullying, but don't fall victim, file. It will not cost you, there are no charges, even if they return your money in the meantime.

Also, if they pass the FTC rule's time limit with no firm commitment that they stick to, file an ic3 (FBI internet fraud) complaint. Nothing will happen unless consumers do something. You are not wasting their time on something small or trivial, that is what they are here to do. Here are the links, please take the time to use them, if you have been cheated:

FBI - internet fraud report

California attorney general's office

Federal Trade Commision

Better Business Bureau

• Cc
    ccummings1333 Jun 30, 2010

I ordered items on 05-20-10. They talked in circles for weeks stating that they were shipping my items and then that my items were on back order. Then they argued and it took another week to cancel my order. My order was finally cancelled 06-01-10. They stated 2-3 days max to get my money back. It is now 06-30-10. I still do not have my money. They have stated they had to mannually return my money that something happened. That was on 06-14-10. Still again it is 06-30-10 and I have not had my money returned!!! I would advise if you have made the mistake of ordering from this company to call your bank and ask how you go about disputing your money to get it back. After you cancel your order and you do not get your money your bank will help you!!! I would also advise to file a complaint with the better business bearuea where they already have many complaints as well!!! If you have not done business with this company yet PLEASE DON"T! You will end up like me and others with no merchandise and no money!!!

Jack E Jul 05, 2010

I have never posted a complaint online. I am not the type of person to let things get to me, however I feel it necessary to warn the public about a truly horrible company.

I purchased a Pioneer AVIC-F700BT on 1/28/2009. The unit was professionally installed by a local company. I started having issues within the first year. The iPod feature stopped working, the Bluetooth no longer connected, etc. I had the unit inspected by a local facility. They recommended sending it in for warranty repair. I tried to call the 800 # for Dealer Cost Car Audio for advice, however the phone system is obviously set up so you NEVER get through. It rings until it finally hangs up. It doesnt matter what time you call or how many times a day - same result.

I decided to check the website for the procedure for getting a unit repaired or replaced. The instructions were to double box the unit and ship it to DCCA. I included my original order receipt and a letter explaining the issues I was having. I followed up a couple of weeks later to check on the status. Again, it was IMPOSSIBLE to reach anyone over the phone. This is obviously a standard strategy they use.

• So
    soly16 Jul 07, 2010

i'm in the same place as you. still fighting with them about it

angrymob Aug 20, 2010

I've bought many things online in past and have never been ripped off until I came across DEALER CRAP CAR AUDIO. I got an email that my order was shipped five days after I made the order. The email had a UPS tracking number that was INVALID for up to 24 hours. Think! If an order has been shipped, why the hell would the tracking number be invalid in the first place???? First, I called UPS. They told me that if an order has been shipped then the tracking number should be valid. Just like I thought. Without even notifying these crooks I immediately called my bank to suspend my check card and file a claim. PHONY! FAKE! FRAUD!

Lesson learned - Before buying from any online dealer be sure to Google their business reviews? If I would have read these reviews beforehand this never would have happened? How could these crooks still be in business?????????????????????????

• Mi
    MIKE A Nov 05, 2011

Don't Buy!!! I purchased a Kicker L7 "15" (2/24/2010 8:29 PM, paid $270.79) and took more than a month to receive it. I then had it for a couple of weeks and stopped functioning correctly, I then spoke to them about my situation and they told me to send it back to them, and I haven't receive it yet. It's been more than two months and nothing is happening. I tried contacting them but they never respond to their emails and the Manager, by the name of Simon, never answers. I am deciding of taking a legal action!!!