DCS - Fisher & Paykel — terrible customer service
After using the oven once on my DCS RGT-305 it stopped working. Customer service gave me a brief list of authorized appliance repair businesses in the SF Bay area. Of the two businesses that either answered the phone or returned my message, I got Bay Area Appliances to schedule a service call 5 days after I called them. The service tech who arrived determined in less than 5 minutes, without testing or disassembling anything that the oven thermostat needed to be replaced. This was a part they didn't stock but they could get "in a couple of days". After 2 days I called them to check on the status of the part. They said they did not have a tracking number, but they would let me know when it came in. After waiting 5 more days I tried calling Bay Area Appliances only to reach their answering machine- as usual. I left a message- got no response.Tried the next day- got no response. Tried customer service at Fisher- Paykel, got transferred to tech. assistance in So. Cal. According to the distributer for parts in California, no thermostat had been ordered by BayArea App. Tried calling other service providers and got no response to voice messages or told they don"t service my area. The manager of Gourmet Appliances,where I purchased the stove, has at least returned my calls, but has been unable to get anything done. The bottom line is, if I had it to do over, I would not spend $3000+ on this or any other product made by Fisher and Paykel. It should not have broken in the first place, and trying to find reliable people to service this stainless steel junk has been an ongoing nightmare
More DCS - Fisher & Paykel Complaints & Reviews
- Fisher & Paykel DCS 5 burner stove - defective stovetop and no way to get it repaired or replaced!
- DCS (Fisher & Paykel) - dcs wo-227ss wall oven
- Fisher & Paykel Singel Drawer Dishwasher - lemon dishwasher - poor warranty service
- Fisher & Paykel - blistered interior, poor performance
- Fisher & Paykel - do not buy washer or dryer!!
- Fisher & Paykel Appliances - front load dryer
- Fisher & Paykel - faulty door
- Fisher & Paykel Appliances - oven /new faulty fan
- Fisher & Paykel - rebate fraud!
- Fisher & Paykel Appliances - freestanding cooker