David's BridalUsed dress

I purchased and picked up my dress from David's Bridal in November of 2010. Not having my wedding until the following september, I decided to wait to have alterations done. Being a discontinued dress, they only had certain sizes available. I ordered the size 4 thinking the only alteration i would need is hemming and straps. When I picked it up and tried it on, it was just a little too snug. Having only 4 months left til the big day, I brought my dress to a local tailor and when i tried it on for her and she told me that it had looked like it was previously altered. Not having any clue what this dress would look like after being taken out, i let her do the alteration. I went back to try the dress on after her work, and she confirmed to me the dress was previously altered. I called davids bridal to explain this to them and ask what they would do about it and they said all of there dresses that were ordered come directly from a warehouse and that it couldn't possibley have been altered. She also said that i could come and bring it down for their seamstress to take a look. So at $4+ a gallon, i packed up the dress and drove the 50 miles to Davids Bridal and their seamstress looked at the dress and told us that it doesn't look like there was any work done on the dress. My tailor that actually did the work took out the altered stitches to bring it back to the original stitching. where that stitching was taken out, you could see that it was dirty from someone touching it and trying it on for alterations and they couldn't see anything wrong with it. I will be putting the word out to everyone to never do business with these people, EVER! I spent $125 in alterations that half didn't need to be done if it wasn't for them. They clearly sold me a used dress.

Anonymous Jun 14, 2011

There's no such thing as "sample dresses" at David's Bridal. You buy off the rack there. The only way you get a new dress is if they don't have your size or color, and even then, sometimes they pull from other stores. You get what you pay for. and they don't accept returns, and if they do, they send it back to the warehouse. So you didn't get a "used" dress, your alterations gal was mistaken.

• Co
    codyleebz May 12, 2011

Davids Bridal also tried to give me a "sample dress". I don't know if it was done on purpose, but regardless I could definitely tell it was not brand new! After showing it to the manager, they ordered me a new one. Good luck!