CSX Railroadpublic safety issue

There is a railroad crossing in Pompano Beach Florida on Atlantic Blvd just West of I-95. The crossing has become very rough and traffic must slow considerably to cross it. Worse, there are metal plates that are shifting and some are rising so that their sides are exposed. I ride a motorcycle and this is an extremely dangerous situation for motorcyclists especially at night when its nearly impossible to see. I took the time to contact CSX and spoke with a representative and after taking all of MY PERSONAL information, they put the onus on ME to go to the crossing and find the crossing ID. Since that time, I have become ill and cannot currently walk. However, when ridden across that crossing 6 months later, nothing has been done. CSK railroad has completely put the onus on me alone to provide them with information before they will initiate some action. I find this exceedingly publicly irresponsible. Should someone get hurt at this crossing due to their negligence, I hope they find this post and can find me as I will gladly testify on their behalf.

• 31
    3141 Nov 16, 2011

Two things...

1, the railroad has thousands of railroad crossings. That is why they need the number to identify it.
    2, the rail road is not responsible for paving at the crossing, your local municipality is

• Da
    dammitimsonice Dec 02, 2013

all the trains are on a come back from the past we ship things more today then the past so why won't all the rail companies start to fix the tracks start one line at a tine why can't they do away with the wood and use something much stronger and won't come apart why there a lot of trains to day using the rail over and over it might coast now but in the future they won't be having trains off there tracks

• Re
    Reviewer82641 Feb 16, 2016

For the past several days there has been repeated horn blowing between 0045 and 0130 in the Orlando Heart Hospital / Delaney Park area. This has been waking the residents to include young children on school nights and adults working the next morning. While we understand safety is paramount this is an unacceptable practice in such a residential area.

• Al
    Alan12345 Aug 15, 2018

At 1650 palisade avenue, teaneck, NJ 07666, trains idling with diesel fumes near schools.

• Do
    Dorothy hatfield Aug 15, 2018

I live on forest hill rd in shepherdsville y'all have my road closed causing me to lose pay what can y'all do about this

• Kg
    [email protected] Aug 20, 2018

The train that passes over Seven Springs Rd, Batavia, N.Y. 14020
    The engineer blows the horn excessively, and unnecessilary all night long while people are trying to sleep. This is ridiculous and has to stop!!

• Id
    Ida Oliver Sep 03, 2018

There is business and community between two tracks that is blocked at both ends (within a mile apart) the only way out . Blocked daily everyday for at least 1 hour . With no way out or no way in for emergency crews. We are constantly having to call csx and sheriff office

• Ca
    Calvin Ray Edge Sep 05, 2018

Sitting at crossing 638639w ! Been here almost an hour sitting under a rail underpass with a propane transport! How can we figure out timing of train traffic to avoid delay s . My name is Ray edge I haul propane out of gasco Atlanta on Fairfield Rd.

• Me
    Megan Orser Sep 05, 2018

As I sit in my car at a blocked intersection today by a stopped train. I've been here 20mins. In addition, this is the third train this week that has taken well over 20 mins to clear the intersection. How is Plymouth, MI supposed to handle this?!?!

• Ms
    Msearcy Sep 19, 2018

I am really sick and tired of this crossing at 582 in Luckey Oh being blocked! There was a train blocking this crossing for 4 hours last week. I've currently been sitting here for 20 minutes..Enough is enough! Get your crap together!!!

• Am
    Amanda Lopez Oct 15, 2018

The railroad crossing at fairdale road in fairdale Ky is always getting blocked right at this moment I have been sitting here for 48 mins waiting as I live right on the other side of the track and it would take me longier to go around this happens very often and is very aggravating to have to wait exspecially with children in the car

• Du
    Dusty stratton Oct 22, 2018

This is ridiculous..I have been sitting here for 45 minutes and the damn train stops for the second time. Everytime this train cones theough our town it does this..some of us have lives too..and this needs to be addressed

Anne Whitaker Oct 22, 2018

I was on Henry-Wood Co. Rd by 18 at 4:10 P.M. when a train started to come through. It started at a good pace but suddenly slammed on its brakes. He or she went as slowly as possible without stopping. It took 15 minutes for the train to go by. This made me late getting home which made my husband late for work.

Joe McDonnell Oct 31, 2018

This crossing was nice and smooth, then there was a repair done, and the crossing is really bad now. It needs some attention.
    Thank you for your time.

• Fo
    Fouad Oughriss Oct 31, 2018

I live in lester rd Lawrenceville ga many occasions railroad crossing just closed with no train approach what cause real bad delay and traffic also train just passing and making the big noise that wakes everybody up at late nights and early morning why do we have to suffer

• Tc
    Tcoulter26 Nov 05, 2018

6:45am cridersville Ohio csx driver blew their horn with no break all the way through town they do this almost every single night it's getting annoying as fuck I know people who work for csx and have asked them and they said that they are blowing the horn to long also tell them to get their fucking shit together

• Qu
    quality inn May 11, 2019

We have crossing across street from our hotel, and some of engineers are blowing more than they should at middle of night. needs them to limit their blowing when they get to our crossing near hotel, please update me on this situation at email address "[email protected]"

• Ro
    robert roman Jul 17, 2019

I am a City Of Buffalo building inspector an I am receiving complaints about vehicles being parked on the unpaved surface at the corner of Louisiana and republic st in Buffalo ny making it look like a "junk yard/dumping ground". Can we have these vehicles removed.

• Un
    Unknown 44 Sep 22, 2019

The railroad tracks along the canal are EXTREMELY squeeky. They can be heard all day and all night everytime s train travels by. They are in need of some repair ASAP.

We live along the canal near baseball fields in perrinton/ Fairport area.

• Ab
    abe deutsch Oct 09, 2019

Train idling for hours in front of 1475 palisade Ave Teaneck nj 07666
    This has 120 residential units.

Can it it idle elsewhere if it needs to idle at all.

Thanks.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices