CSX Transportation Logo

CSX Transportation

Having problems with CSX Transportation?

CSX Transportation reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 4, 2008. The latest review csx tdsi yard 12th street was posted on Sep 14, 2020. The latest complaint speed was resolved on Nov 19, 2014. CSX Transportation has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 88 reviews. CSX Transportation has resolved 3 complaints.

CSX Transportation Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 232 0144 (Railroad Emergencies)
+1 877 744 7279 (New Customers)
+1 800 737 1663 (CSX Ethics Helpline)
+1 904 359 3200 (Head Office)
+1 904 359 3100 (CSX Transportation)
500 Water Street, 15th Floor
Jacksonville, Florida
CSX Transportation
500 Water Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202

CSX Transportation Complaints & Reviews

CSX Transportationoperational concerns

I have read your guide on the length of the sounding of the horns. The trains that run through Smiths Station and Phenix City go out of their way to disrupt the town. At 1:30 this morning the trains blew their horns for over 3 minutes straight without stopping. During school hours they blow the horns constantly going up and down the rails for several minutes. Then do it again minutes later. There are schools in this area. The train disrupts learning. I can see where they would need to sound their horn at a crossing, but the bars are also there for safety. This is an issue because they blow the horns when there is no crossing and at inconvenient hours for the citizens.

• So
      Southern Vermont Railfan May 03, 2020

They do this for your safety, the engineers don't want to hit something and get PTSD and have to suffer from it until their deaths. It's especially traumatic when a engineer hits a person.

• Ci
      Cindy Radliff Apr 19, 2019

I have the same problem at the CSX freight yard in Selkirk NY. I can’t sleep.

CSX Transportationcrossings in lakeland, fl at reynolds rd, fish hatchery near hwy 92 east.

For some reason a trench was dug on both sides of the railway at these crossings and filled back in. The problem is the fill material has been removed by traffic. It looked like gravel but no asphalt. Now there is a trench on both sides of the crossing which is very rough on vehicle suspension and hazardous for motorcycles and very hazardous to scooters. It would be a simple fix. I can't believe CSX just left it in that condition. To complicate matters there are no warning signs to unsuspecting drivers new to this crossing. It has been like this for probably a few weeks now.

• Cr
        Cristal Tucker Mar 06, 2019

Just who’s STUPID idea was it to ‘work’ ( and I use that term extremely loosely) on all 4 of these tracks at the same time? Do you think that there are no people that use these areas? Well think again. These are EXTREMELY BUSY roads ALL DAY. And, you have turned our daily commute into a twice a day nightmare!!! Think about the people driving next time and not just the rail cars — PLEASE 😤😤😤

CSX Transportationrailroad crossing on orient boulevard tampa florida

it is now 7: 22 at night and I've been sitting at this railroad crossing over 45 minutes waiting on your train that's calling Tropicana orange juice for 45 minutes he's had this roadway stopped what is an acceptable Bow Wow you cannot keep this road closed for more than 5 minutes that is per Florida state law. God help you if someone was dying and needed to get an ambulance down here because you can't get through because of the train that is sitting here blocking the road blocking the road so maybe you guys need to do something about this cuz this is b*******

railroad crossing on orient boulevard tampa florida

CSX Transportationexcessive horn blowing

We live in Chase Maryland and there is excessive horn blowing in the evenings and during the night when we are trying to sleep. Can a stop be put to this? This is extremely disruptive to the families that live here. We recognize there was an accident here years ago but do not feel the need to pay homage by every passing train. Please put a stop to this immediately.

CSX Transportationtrain stopped, going back and forth greater than 50 minutes

I live in Winter Haven and CSX has been halted greater than 40 minutes. This road specifically is one way in/out due to construction on opposite end of tracks.

This should be unacceptable at this juncture. This is not safe and also for emergencies this would have been a disaster.

I.e. i am expecting. Theres no way I could make it to a hospital or urgent care if needed.

CSX Transportationconstant/excessive horn blowing

The constant and very excessive horn blowing as trains travel through Waldo, Florida is a nuisance all hours of the day and night. They blow the horns all the way through our little town and have no regard for the citizens of our community and our quality of life. It is completely unnecessary to blow the horns all the way through our town and I, as well as others are over it.

CSX Transportation — damage to my property

During Hurricane Matthew last year, a tree on your right of way behind my house fell across the tracks. Your...

CSX Transportationthe noise from train it’s nonsense and my yard from derailing of train

I live at 88 Pointe North Dr., and the the train has already derailed in my back yard no compisatition of any kind for like 6 months while y'all cleaned up corn and trucks blocking driveway the yard has completely eroded away due to this process my yard is still in ruins and yet you still park trains behind my house and run motor very loud for hours and sit and blow horn totally nonsense we need a no train horn at Felton and Tennessee st this is [censored], I can't even watch tv so loud, and stop using my back yard as a train yard, which my house is only like 100 ft from tracks come on enough already

the noise from train it’s nonsense and my yard from derailing of train
              the noise from train it’s nonsense and my yard from derailing of train

• Updated by Mike papevies · Oct 22, 2018

This is every day even though to 2 am sometimes sit there for hours5-6 hours doing the same thing just sitting here running motors loud this has got to stopy

CSX Transportationblocked roads - stopped csx trains

CSX needs to run during off peak hours - such as NOT to cause delays in morning/afternoon commuters. I have seen an influx of morning (mainly around 8am) CSX trains cause severe delays to commuters on their way to WORK. It should be their burden, not tax payers to SUFFER and have to deal with missing appointments, being late to WORK and suffering the consequences such as some losing their jobs. CSX is known locally (in Lakeland, FL) for completely blocking roadways, often. Trains just stop and don't move more long periods of time.

Ultimately, they need to be overly controlled, such as any Red Traffic Light. ***As to when they run and lengths of the train and they should be penalized (fines) when they cause over any 20 minute delay(s).

CSX Transportationdelays

at 2 pm on old kings rd I was stopped by your train it's now 2:31 and it's a a dead stop and has been for 10 mins the length of your trains are ridiculous but to delay 17 cars one way is crazy in dinnesmore the tracks wrap around the whole area there is no way to bypass you have to sit and wait we have lives we have jobs and children and your making our days tougher shorten the length of your trains absolutely no reasoning for anyone to sit for over 30 mins for a train get your [censored] together

CSX Transportationtrain blocking multiple busy intersections

Train engine 3342 was blocking several busy roads in lockland/Reading Ohio 45215 for over 30 minutes. This is an ongoing problem as you've been made aware by the city and police. Apparently CSX just could care less. Any other company would be worried about their public image with negative news stories being reported on this problem and area citizens contacting there public officials in Washington to fix the issue. CSX could care less. There will be a time your trains will block emergency crews and someone will die as a result. I have a feeling CSX could care less.

CSX Transportationrailroad crossing arms

At Cougar Rd the crossing arms will go up and down, unannounced, without a train in sight!! They have continuously done this for about the last 3 months now. We also have a conductor that seems to like the horn a little too much...he lays on the horn like nobody's business...maybe you could let him know to lay off a little bit. It's either between 5 & 6 am or evening time, around dusk. The biggest issue though is the crossing arms...we've had to go around them just because they won't go back up and that's very dangerous for everyone in our neighborhood!!!

CSX TransportationI want the company to pay for the damages done to my car after cross arm hit it.

On June twenty seven two thousand eighteen about two forty PM, I was traveling on fifty eight street when I approach the CSX railroad crossing I saw red light flashing and the cross arm down I stop and then waited for the light to change and the cross arm to go up . I attempted to proceed But the cross arm came back down on the top of my car again after it went up and the lights started to flash again. When the arm went back up it was broken and it lift some scratches on the side of my car . DC3# [protected], address 2200 S 58 th Street, 12th District [protected] CSX Railroad [protected] ID# 140631L, mile post BAK2.28

CSX Elsdon Linetrain stopped funeral procession for 30 mins.

On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 95th and Kedzie in Evergreen Park, IL during the noon hour the train stopped and blocked our funeral procession from moving for over 30 minutes. Why this is allowed to happen at mid-day is unacceptable. This train frequently stops traffic and I don't believe anyone cares but I will report it. We are tired of this constant issue.

CSX Transportation — excessive horn

Train about 3am by Ridgeland avenue and southwest hwy using metra tracks has been using an excessive horn...

CSX Transportationrailroad

I have been living next to the railroad for years and have become accustomed to the trains that run on the rails but for the last two weeks we've had an engine with some other cars sitting on the rails right outside our house. This engine runs constantly, day and night. No workers are around and it never moves. Is there a reason that this engine needs to sit right outside our house? This is ridiculous! Like I said, I'm used to the trains that come and go but this thing is constantly there. I can't even sit outside because it is loud. Can't it be moved down the tracks a little so it's not sitting right next to my house? Why is it even there?

CSX Transportationtrains parked across major roads during high traffic periods

I'm tired of trains parking on tracks that stop traffic at times when traffic is busy. When this happens the train can sometimes make it impossible to get to the other side. It's absolutely obsurd and shows poor planning and disrespect for those Terre Haute residents that are impacted. How many more years can this continue?

Natalie Bulick
                              [protected]

CSX Winston switch terminalblocked crossing 2nd crossing from switchyard closed a crossing down on gay road blocks traffic daily for hours on end

Ever since they eliminated the 3rd crossing from winston fl switchyard there is always a daily blocking of tracks for hours on end would like to know who decided to cut off a crucial crossing so close to switch yard. Making a daily unsafe traffic conjestion. People are wrecking daily. Please help our west lakeland fl community become safe for traffic flow please before someone else is hurt

CSX Transportationrailroad crossing @ main st & ford ave, 32218

The crossing at Main St & Ford Ave in North Jacksonville 32218, is very bad .
                                  The railroad ties/wood is completely gone, it has caused damage to my car which I feel that is your responsibility . I drive a 2015 Dodge Challenger, that now has a tire system failure because of the holes in the damaged crossing.
                                  Please repair the both of the damages mentioned

CSX Transportationmaintenance of our boundary fence. the law places the responsibility of both

Attn: Tony Bellamy - Director Project Management
                                    Please pass this on to Responsible Parties

RE: Need Immediate Assistance HOA and CSX- Shared Fencing
                                    See Pictures below

Thank you for your phone call in response to my email on Friday, May 4, 2018 in regard to our HOA requesting assistance in the removal of vegetation from our border fence and the removal of garbage along the CSX tracks that borders our complex.

Please share this information and photos with the parties responsible so that we can continue with our Spring projects. The fencing is our KEY project, and the garbage along the CSX tracks (Blue Island, Il 60406...between south 123rd street, north to 119th street), has been neglected for over 15 years. Immediate garbage is a must. Rodents and the unsanitary conditions prevent safe passage to school for our children.

If CSX Railroad can remove the vegetation, tree limbs, etc. and garbage from the east side of our border fence, we will be responsible for the West side. Your partnership and understanding with this project will be greatly appreciated. We await your reply. We ask that CSX focus on our needs, it has been 15 + years.

NOTE: Photos sent to Tony Bellamy