Complaints & Reviews

problems with the software update

Before the latest upgrade when I hit the "make it" button, the mats were a different color from the images so...

false advertising/ misleading product

Cricut does a poor job explaining what you will need in order to work with there machine. For example few months back I was looking to purchase my first die cutting machine and stumbled across the cricut explore. There box had it clearly advertised that the system runs on an ipad app. Didnt state you would need to purchase a mac book just to be able to use your own personal images or fonts. Then I had to spend an extra $50 for the cricut bluetooth to be able to run it through the app. The app runs when it wants to and I had found myself losing work that had been saved. As well as the amount of projects that would stop mid cut then I was told I would need to troubleshoot the bluetooth by plugging it into a desktop (which we are now in 2017 who even owns a desk top computer any more)! So had I known about all the headaches involved with thjis complicating product that they falsly advertise I wpuldve never purchased it and nor would I ever recommend this to anyone!

cricut create

Provo craft manufactures the cricut cutting system. After using my cricut one time, the machine broke. After chatting online with their technical help department I was told that there was no way to repair the machine. After great effort I finally reached a person on the phone and attempted to find a solution to get my machine working properly. That person told me that provo craft refuses to support this machine, that they would not offer any repair solutions, and that they no longer stand behind this product. Their suggested solution was for me to purchase another, more expensive, cricut machine. I will never purchase another cricut/provo craft product again.

cricut explore air 2

I ordered my cricut on 3-8-17 and I still do not have it!!! I have been tracking it and it told me that it...

got 2 problems

This machine was supposed to make my life easier by saving me prep time as a teacher. Instead it has taken an...

cricut expression

I have an expression machine that is out of warranty and the feeding mechanism will not work. After many hours of frustrating communications with the on line cricut rep who was telling me do try any number of things like download new firmware, which of course would not help with this issue, I attempted to contact provo craft the manufacturer of cricut machines. Both cricut and provo craft have unacceptable wait times... Cricut I waited 30 minutes then 25 minutes only to be told my only option was to purchase a new machine. When attempting to call provo craft my wait time was 45 minutes while listening to their message "we care about your call and"if you want to leave a message press 1 which I finally did only to receive a busy signal and a disconnect. I am not a happy customer for sure. The solution to the problem is a lug belt and I have spent two days trying to locate one. Surely cricut could tell me where to purchase this item and more importantly what do they do with all the machines returned to them? Where are all those parts? I too have thousands of dollars invested in cricut products and all I can tell everyone is "buyer beware".

deceptive advertising/lack of support

Emory day is an internet advertising company that runs multiple sites for consumer products. They offer a package for the cricut expression manufactured by provo craft that looks like a great day. I ordered from a site called cricut. Tv without being aware that they are not actually part of provo craft - despite using the trademarked name of provo craft's cricut cutter nor do they submitted ordered to provo craft in a timely matter. My order is in limbo: emory day/aka cricut. Tv/aka amazing products/ aka as seen on tv does not provide any customer service information. They direct me to the manufacturer who cannot help because they haven't received my order. So what is emory day doing with my personal financial information? Why are they still in business? Why do companies like provo craft affiliate themselves with unscrupulous marketers? D98ad

• Li
    Linanne Apr 11, 2011

All Provo Craft cares about is making more money. They could care less how you get your machine, just that you are tied to their cartridges. They tell you what you can do to or with a product you have paid hard earned money for. They are currently suing "Craft Edge/Sure Cuts A Lot", because they want to dictate what I do with the electronic die cutter I paid for.

I am boycotting all Provo Craft products, because their business tactics are terrible. How could one company hold so much power? Because they have brainwashed many, including me at one time, in believing they were the only machine out there. They want to force me to buy designs they have picked, taking my creative freedom away. If you want all the scoop, please click on the links below:

do not back up their product

I have a cricut expression that was given to me by my children for I know the warranty is out but I want to...

repairs

I have a cricut expressions die cutting machine that is out of warranty. This machine retails for around...

bad service

I purchased cricut cutting machine and used it with their design studio software. After downloading update onto my computer the cricut machine wouldn't work. I phoned and spoke to someone there (I phoned from ireland) who after an hour told me it was my cricut machine. So I purchased another one and exactly the same is happening. I have emailed them many times with no joy and I was told when I spoke to someone that an expert would ring me back. That was over a week ago - still waiting.

I think their customer service is atrocious and to think that they sell their product worldwide - they don't seem bother with customer care or that their products do what they say it does.

• Fr
    fredipuppy Jan 28, 2010

Cricut customer support is non existant. Machine I bought my daughter for Christmas didn't work out of the box. When I was finally able to get through to customer service they gave me 1 877 727 4288 as fax to send receipt, I have faxed from several differnt machines all confirming fax sent, Cricut tells me they have received no fax. It's now Jan 28. Thanks for ruining my daughters Christmas.

• Xi
    xiloap Jun 15, 2016

I am disgusted with the run around over the phone and on line with the customer service dept at Cricut and Provocarft regarding this product! A warning to all of those Gypsyaholics and Cricutaholics, educate your self before purchasing one of these crafting devices, The Gypsy by Cricut is NO longer supported by any means or repaired by Cricut! On the Gypsy learn about the Blue Light Death before purchasing it! There are NO refunds, replacements or trade ups on it!

refund

Waited for refund for a while. Finally I talked to leia and she explained to me that provo craft was trying to bullie them into giving up there.com name by holding there orders, and they where telling people to cancel there credit cards which caused the credit card merchant company to cancel there account and pull all the funds from there account. By the time provo craft had to release there order the credit card company had taken all the money and wanted to hold it for 6 months. Cricut outlet was a small new company and could not float all the orders and wait 6 months. Any way leia was very nice and told me all had to do is call my credit card company and they would send a response to cricut outlet and they would sign off to release funds out to me for my order. They sent me an email explaining this but I never got because it went to my junk box. Another situation of a big company picking on a little company.

• Zi
    zihwetyb Feb 20, 2009

I'm very surprised about the Cricut Outlet being out. I had no problem dealing with them. The people were very nice and friendly. Sad to see it go...hope they consider re-opening the site in the near future. Thanks for all Cricut Outlet folks did for me. I love my Cricut Expression. It brings my children over to do scrapbooking with me. Love it!!!

• De
    Debbie Apr 07, 2009

I have contacted Cricut Outlet so many times I can not even count, having said that I purchased one cricut expression and was charged for two I called as soon as I saw the charge on my account was told that I ordered two, ( which I did Not) they shipped two. I was told to ship one back and they would credit my account minus restock fee. I have never recieved my refund or any response from them. I think they are chicken or just plain thefts for not at least contacting me . I work hard for my money and I don't have it to just give away. I even ask for them to send the extra machine back to me and I would pay for shipping. at least I would have one to sell on e-bay.but I have still not had any contact from them.

• Er
    Erinaking1977 Oct 07, 2009

They are total scam artist, Mike Mandato spoke with me on the phone and gave me some crap excuse about an error in the billing/shipping/odering. They don't know what they are doing. I filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General. Anyone who has been ripped off should also file a report. My father is out $400 for trying to buy me a surprise Birthday Gift.

• Wa
    WackyGirl Mar 26, 2011

Unfortunately, many who get into retail do not understand the "float" the money idea and doe not have the capital to back it up when they get into this situation. It seems from what I have seen in the little research I have done on this company that they fall into this category. They got into it with a firecracker amount of capital, but soon found they needed a grand finale of fireworks display amount of capital to keep everything going as they were a hit. This got them into trouble and they didn't have the financial backers to help. Sadly, this led to their demise. Worse, it led to many consumers being burned in the process. I hope they make a comeback and are able to make amends with those they were unable to help the first time though in this economy that usually tends to be a long shot.

Joanne Henderson Feb 21, 2019

Requested credit for price difference 3 days after purchase. Very very disappointed with the denial. I looked so forward to having a good relationship with you Cricut.

I purchased a Cricut from a third party and sent it back so I could order directly from Cricut.com. Purchased a Cricut Explore Air 2, Raspbery Essential Bundle from Cricut.com on 2/13/19 for $268.99. Noticed price drop of $29.00 only 3 days after purchase. Requested a credit, which could be used toward purchase directly from Cricut website in the future. But was denied. Not in Good Faith Cricut. No in Good Faith on your part. I am surprised at you.

Resolution in, Good Faith, and Good Business would be to honor the request for a credit.

unfair pricing and internal trading

Provo crafts has scre... Its retailers yet again, I just found out how come some of the vendors on e bay can...

unauthorized charges

This is to warn individuals from ordering anything from the cricut outlet site! It is a big scam!!! I ordered some items from their site last month and then decided to cancel the next day. It took weeks for someone to respond to my continued emails to cancel.

They finally acknowledged me and canceled the order; however as of today, 1 month later, I still have not received credit to my credit card. I am in the process of disputing the charge with the credit card company and my have to contact a lawyer if I don't receive credit!

the return policy

I order a machine from the. I contacted them to exchange the machine and got no email back. After I contacted...

rip-off company

My wife ordered the cricut on-line and the final step was to finalize the order. The step before said she...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices