Crescent Bank and TrustAwful bank

I just received a car loan from this same bank in June of 08. These rude people at this bank will call you if you are 10 days late. It will always be by a rep that threatens to reposes your car after 30 days. One of the reps had the nerve to ask me why my payment had not been made. She then went on to say that it is her right to ask me that and that she was the Lien Holder on my acct and that I better respect her. I called the company that I got the car from and ask them what kind of company did they get me involved with?

They stated that they did not know of such an idea of them taking your car after 30 days of non-payment (which I have not been late) nor for them to be so Rude when they call. I am trying to refinance my car with someone else right now. Otherwise I am gonna return my car to them.

I can't take 5 years of this from anyone...

• Ri
    ric danger Oct 02, 2008

oh man what a joke ..i had this lady calling my references, mom, mother in law, even a customer stating how it was important i contact them...AFTER I APPROVED PAYMENT PROCESS 3 DAYS EARLIER!! she lied to me on the phone, she threatened me and this was after i approved the payment 3 days ago. they are predatory, i had no right buying the car but i have made all payments for 13 months, now the reality of a 30% interest rate set in (identity theft 4 years ago)...yes a 30% interest rate. do not use this bank...they have damaged my integrity over 1 car payment 20 days late. part of their problem is the archaic comm system they use ..no way to pay online (western union only option)

• Me
    Melanie Oct 29, 2008

I just bought a car in July and because of credit issues, I paid $3000 down but was still only able to get financed at 26.5% interest. Anyway, at the dealership none of the paperwork I signed had Crescent Bank on it. Then I received a letter in the mail saying they were my lienholder and enclosed payment books. I verified with the dealership that they had my loan and begin making payments. Well, the due date on the book says the 28th and I get paid once per month on the last day of the month. Since the book also says you have a 10 day grace period before late fees are applied, I always mailed my payments by money order on pay day. Well, this month they called ON the 28th and told me they were picking up my car if my payment was not received by midnite. After reading all of these posts, I took it seriously and immediately started scrapping for the money. I spent an extra $100 on western union fees. They still did not post my payment today. I feel like they will probably say that it was too late and they had already issued the repo papers and I need to pay another $300!! There has got to be some legal repercussions against these crazy folks!! I am already looking for a refinance option, but when I call they will not tell me the pay out amount.

• Cj
    C Johnston Nov 10, 2008

None of the complaints (only 2?) against this Crescent Bank and Trust indicate a geographical location for same business -- there is one in Virginia, I think, and one in Georgia ... distinct businesses. I doubt that these complaints are for the Georgia bank, but writers should be clear on this matter for ethical and legal concerns.

• Fo
    fort_2001 Jul 31, 2009

Seems like the logical thing to do is to pay your car payment by the due date. If you do that then no one will call you and no one will reposes your car. Collections people are rarely friendly, but you dont collect on past due accounts by being friendly.

• Pi
    PIssed Offed Customer Aug 25, 2009

Crescent bank is a predatory lending institution. Yes, they issue loans to people who have had some credit issues, however, that does NOT give the right to antagonize people via telephone and threaten them. In addition, some of the practices that they employ are questionable at best. There have been times when I approved draft payment from my checking account, only to find out that they never took it out and THEN threatened ME with repossession because I had not paid the car payment. They keep horrible records and you hardly EVER are able to talk to the same person twice...someone with whom you can build a rapport. It's absolutely criminal. They are rude and obnoxious. They dont seem to want the customer to be able to pay off the bill. They seem to be more interested in repoing.