Country Vacationsabout to be cheated

D Review updated:

I got a call last week saying I had won a holiday package with free accommodation for 7 days to India, Bangkok. They wanted me to attend a power point presentation explaining all the details regarding this offer. The lady was hyper enthusiastic which put me on guard. Anyway I went with my husband and son to see what it was all about.
It turned out to be promotional campaign for their club membership. They showed us many booklets and magazines praising their properties which were mostly in India. They were explaining the different packages that were on offer and when we show reluctance they go to a cheaper package.I was not interested in any of those packages until I was confident about who THEY were. The agents were so very keen that we join, it really put me off. They wanted us to give a word and a 'small' initial payment on that very day. I said I wanted time which they were not willing ti give.They offered me a laptop to research. I was not interested because I thought they could block those unfavourable sites. Finally they gave me the voucher that I had ' won' . It says I have to pay Rs 4000/= as administration fee. I am not going to take this offer as there may be a lot of surprises at the other end. I am so glad I did not get caught to this scam. I extend my sympathies to all those unfortunate people who got caught in the trap.

• Fa
    Fairooz Nizam Jul 14, 2019

This happened to me also.

• Di
    Dinuka Namal Wijesundara Dec 07, 2018

I got the same disgusting experience from this company. I got a call at 1500hrs from the country club company. You won a voucher and You should come before 1600hrs, Fortunately, I was nearby to the Colpity, then I went to the company. The force me to you should attend 90min Presentation and They did not tell about any presentation. I asked them to come to another session. They told me to if you can not stay for the presentation you don't have a chance to collect the voucher. They treat people bad way. I do not recommend that voucher or this company for vacations.

Comments

• Ra
    Ravindu Thimantha Gamage Oct 22, 2018

Got a call from them today. Sounded fraudulent and scammy and the person who called me got very defensive when I asked where she got my number from.

• Im
    Imran siddeek Sep 15, 2018

I too got a call from them today and wanted me to come tomorrow to collect the voucher...I felt something is not right about this and it sounded too good to be true.I was searching for country club pvt Ltd online and came across your feedback.we need to inform the cops about these scammers and make sure they get punished.Thank you ever so much for writing this piece and bringing awareness to others.