Costco Wholesaleruprechts braised beef short ribs with sesame bbq sauce

W

This product tasted fine and was of good quality. It was too expensive for the amount of meat. The package was three pounds but it barely had a pound of meat. $16 a pound for meat is too much. There are few options for beef ribs in the first place. This package was not trying to be deceiving, it simply did it have enough meat. Thank you for the chance to comment

• Pa
    Paulette Fanelli McFarland Aug 07, 2021

My husband and I bought these and my family loved them, so we were purchasing them every time we went to Costco. the next time we went they weren’t available. Fortunately for us we never had a bad batch. they were pricey though.

• Su
    Sussanah Feb 27, 2021

Ruprecht's Short Ribs is like a game of "Where's the Beef?" or, "Find the Meat in the Fat". The product truly was mostly fat, three bones, fatty broth and a bag of sauce. I would attach a photo but it would be gross.
    We have enjoyed Ruprecht's Chateaubriand in the past but will never again waste money on the ribs. Good idea; poor product.

• Ca
    CarolVanDyk May 02, 2020

These are the worst braised short ribs ever by Ruprechts. At the most we each had 2 bits of nasty stringy meat with lots of fat and bones. Disgusting BBQ sauce. For $30 Costco need to stop selling these ribs. My husband hated them too. Waste of money and time.

• Al
    Allan O Jan 12, 2020

They were horrible before I added the "sauce" and inedible after I added the sauce unless you want to increase your salt intake.

• Ju
    Julie Rosendin Melendres Apr 09, 2019

I paid $22.00 and there was barely any meat. All FAT! Tasted good but will never buy again!

• Do
    Dontmesswithmyfood Mar 24, 2019

Agreed. The meat is good but knock it off with the nasty bbq sauce! Its disgusting and no one wants the sauce.

• To
    Tom Cook Aug 25, 2017

I have the same complaint about Costco Braised Short Ribs. I purchased them at the Medford, OR store and was very disappointed. They do taste ok but they have very little meat and a lot of fat rendered in the package. It isn't like the fat is attached to the meat, it is melted fat purposely added to increase weight. Our package was almost 5 lbs. but the meat weighed less than 2 lbs. and that includes the bones. The rest of the weight was fat and the separate packs of sauce. So we are paying $2.99 lb. for fat and sauce also. Too expensive for me.