Costa Coffee — scald
Just been to Durham services Costa. Ordered a coffee and a tea in take away cups but chose to sit down to drink them. The tea was too hot to drink. Our 3 year old son, Beau, knocked over the cup of tea from the coffee table in store and scalded his lower abdomen. We immediately stripped him off and applied wet wipes on the red area of his skin. We informed staff who simply came over with blue paper towels to mop up the spilt tea but no first aid kit or advice. They did offer us some ice which we didn't feel appropriate for a burn.
Very dissatisfied with staff response to this matter. We are now back on the road and hoping the scald is nothing serious and his skin clears up soon. Our grievance is that staff did not fill out an accident report or offer any trained first aid response. They didn't even ask to see his skin.
More Costa Coffee Complaints & Reviews
- Costa Coffee - verbal abuse from two members of staff
- Costa Coffee - accused of theft
- Costa Coffee - service / staff
- Costa Coffee - service and hygiene
- Costa Coffee - sickness
- Costa Coffee - uncleanliness & bad attitude staff
- Costa Coffee - extra charges
- Costa Coffee - helen
- Costa Coffee - discrimination against a person with a disability
- Costa Coffee - staff