Burlingtons Boutique Logo

Burlingtons Boutique

Having problems with Burlingtons Boutique?

14 John Princes Street, Oxford Circus
London, England, Greater London
United Kingdom - W1G0JS
Appointment Bookings
+44 20 3617 6111

Press & Marketing Enquiries
+44 12 1634 6616

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Burlingtons Boutique.

Complaints & Reviews

Burlingtons BoutiqueMake up

I bought a voucher for a 2 hour make up lesson which was booked on the 1st June at 3pm. We did not start for at least 5 minutes to allow the make-up artist Yasmina to set up whatever she needed to. She only showed me one look, kept running out of the session for various reasons and making personal comments about me which was uncalled for. Throughout she was not intersted in giving me a make up lesson which I had paid for, she gave me hard-sell on the make up. She would not even tell me what colour of foundation or lipstick she was using - she just said 'that is not your colour, this is your colour'. Instead of lasting 2 hours it lasted 45 minutes after which we sat in silence after she had asked which products I was going to buy. I was pressurised into buying a foundation for £28.50. Normally if you book a make up lesson in any department store the cost of the lesson is redeemable against the purchase of a product, but not here. When I got home I was not even sure that it was the right colour and the packaging showed that it was full of parabens and there was not even any SPF in the product, so I did not use it.

I returned on the 15th June to return the product as it was in mint condition and unused. I was told to come back the next day as there was no manager to do the refund. So I came back on the 16th June and saw the manager. This time the excuse was that there was no supervisor's card for the card machine so they were unable to give me a refund on my card. He wanted me to come back again for a third time when the card is available.
This is not acceptable. He should have just given me a refund in cash.

To resolve my complaint I expect the following:
1. A full refund of £28.50 for the foundation - I paid for a make-up lesson and should not have been given hard-sell on products.
2. A full refund of £9 for the make-up lesson - it did not last half as long as it should and was very unsatisfactory.
3. In view of the time and money I have had to spend travelling back and forth to get a refund for the foundation there should be a reimbursement of £20 to cover my costs.
Therefore I expect a total reimbursement of £57.50 to be given.

Burlingtons BoutiqueDeposit refund not received

I was asked to pay £50 deposit to secure my booking for a makeover and photoshoot experience with my friend. Now almost two weeks later and I still have not had my refund.
    I am also disappointed in the day itself, the 'unlimited beverages' - we were only offered one drink and my friend wasn't offered anything, the 'manicure' was one coat of Rimmel nail varnish not including any base or top coat, and we didn't even receive the 'facial' noted on our voucher.

Burlingtons BoutiqueNew Kid Cosmetics Products purchased

I had an appointment at Burlingtons Boutique for a photograph shoot on 13/02/2016. They asked me to pay a 50 pound deposit. When I was there, I used this money to purchase New Kid Cosmetics products. I was told that they did not have them in stock and it would be sent to my home address in 3-4 working days. The products never arrived. I called them several times and many emails. Nobody replied. When I managed to get hold of someone on the telephone he cut the call and put the phone down on me. I am very unhappy about their service and want to have full refund.

RESOLVED

• Bu
          Burlingtons Boutique Mar 03, 2016

Yesim, Firstly we would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you, and we would like to resolve this issue for you immediately. A manager from Burlingtons Boutique will be calling you today to resolve this for you. Apologies once again.
          Regards

Burlingtons Boutique — Deposit not refunded, lying and dishonesty

My housemate recommend me and one another person who lives with us to book the appointment in that make over...

London

Burlingtons Boutiquedeposit not refunded, no communication

I had an appointment for me and my friend on 14th June 2015. The voucher I bought on the street, but I went to the salon to ask about it´s legitimacy. I haven´ t receive any receipt, and the voucher was later taken from me by the employee - she said they need to keep it. When booking the appointment I was told there is a 50 Pound fully refundable deposit per person, payable by credit card, so I paid 100 pounds for me and my friend and was told I will receive a confirmation and a receipt by email, which I never did. I was very unhappy about the appointment - they rushed us, the promotion material lied about what is really going to happen (for example there was no hand massage, no facial and other promised things we had ask for specifically, like drink or manicure at all. We didn´t like the photos very much, plus of course they were incredibly expensive - as other people mentioned here, so we decided we don´t want any of them and I repeatedly asked if the deposit is going to be sent back to my account and all the employees replied positively. I haven´t got my "fully refundable" deposit back till this date...It has been 3 moths and I have been writing emails and calling several times (which probably cost me half of that money since I am a student and I was traveling to other countries). Nobody ever replied to any of my emails and when I call they always tell me that they don´t know why I haven´t got my deposit back yet and that it was probably someone else´s fault and that this time it is going come in few days...I am sick to my stomach to be honest, because I would never expect anyone to treat people like that, and especially not an "exclusive salon". At first I thought they just made a mistake and I was really nice and polite, but I am feeling tricked and honestly very sad. If I could advise anyone, don´t use services of this salon or at least never give them any money before you receive the service.

deposit not refunded, no communication

• Bu
            Burlingtons Boutique Sep 18, 2015

Barbora,

To begin with, I'd like to apologise on behalf of Burlingtons Boutique for the issue that you have been experiencing in regards to your refund, and we are deeply saddened that you have felt the need to approach this website.

Unfortunately, due to the account being international, it would appear we did have difficulties in processing this, however this has now been rectified and your refund is in the hands of the bank being transferred to you.

Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience, we are doing everything we can to help resolve this issue immediately.

Kind Regards
            Burlingtons Boutique, Customer Solutions

• Ba
            Barbora Kapralova Sep 18, 2015

Thank you for your answer, if I receive the money back I will gladly mark this complaint as resolved. I felt like this was my only option, since nobody from your salon was communicating with me in any other way. I hope the money really comes this time, I do not like being the unhappy customer any more than you like having one I believe.

Good day to you

Barbora

• Ba
            Barbora Kapralova Oct 04, 2015

Nothing arrived yet, nor was there any other communication from the Boutique with me...

Burlington Boutiquemoney grabbing

I just want to say after an expensive weekend in London with my daughter at this
          Photo shoot I am very very unhappy we didn’t get what was offered
          <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
          My daughter and I travelled up from Devon and Dorset to get to this shoot and expected a lot more
          than what we got. we had, had a great experience the last time and felt this
          time was all about the money and paying for the photos not about making us feel
          glamorous.
          My deposit was sucked in to 2 purchases of make-up which i was pushed into taking, I’ve only got one I am
          told the other is being sent how do I know the girl disappeared, I didn’t get chance to see the prices, I had put £60 deposit down and I am told this is what the make-up cost but there was nothing I bought that was over £28 from what I remember of the price list so again I was conned.
          I am totally disappointed about my experience and will not be recommending any
          one to go or will i be attending again, please feedback.
          i still haven't received the other piece of make up and its been over 2 weeks since my visit I would want my money back but no-one will have the decency to talk to me.

Reason we didn’t say a lot on the day I doubted whether I remembered correctly what
          was on offer so I had to check on my return to confirm exactly what was offered
          I wished I had taken this with me then I could have made my annoyance on the
          day

refreshments on arrival and during your session
          1 cup of tea eventually and a glass of wine when we
          choose pics

Mini Manicure- Shape and Polish ... last minute paint on nails no mini manicure or shapeFacial Cleansing ...didn’t happen Professional makeup application from a top Makeup Artist ...this happened but a rush job
          High Fashion Hairstyling ... back combed my hair a little not high fashion all of 10 mins work
          Multi Set Photoshoot... over 50 pics
          Private viewing of all your images...yes this happened but felt rushed
          Your favourite image as a 5x7 finished print ...got conned into digital 5 prints costing me a total of £200
          Please pass this on to the boutique on my behalf I would like feedback
          2 weeks after my first complaint and subsequent emails I have had no feed back from this company ref my complaints so i had to write in to this forum i am £260 pounds out of pocket and totally disgusted in the way this company have treated me