Continental Finance Master Cardbills before I activate a card!

T

I received the card with a $300 limit and a bill the same day for $250 and I have even activated the card. How is this, you can't get a hold of anyone to cancel your card!

• Sl
    slmart0708 May 12, 2009

they called me thins mornin and pretended to be the irs sayin that my tax return was going to postponed if i didnt pay some fee..and at first i didnt know what they were talking bout so they said they were going to transfer me..when they did..it was somebody from cont.finan. .

• Fr
    frances Apr 30, 2009

This company is absolutely nuts. I cancel my card because I thought the fees was unbeliveable. Now for canceling the card they say I owe them $695, I never spent more than $50, the card would not allow me to do more than that. It will be a cold day in hell before I pay them one red cent. I'm getting calls day and night now they have sold the account to a collection agency. Now a new set of people is calling and threating to garnish my wages. Can you believe that. I really feel sorry for these people that they have to harrass for a living, that can't be to healthy.

• Cr
    cris Mar 28, 2009

i applied for this card online and recieved it in a few days it showed 75dlr annual fee with one time 75dlr activation fee, which i was cool with, then i called to activate the card and it said there was an additional 12dlr a month maintenance fee so i refused to activate, plus i had already sent a check in the mail for 150dlrs, so i put a stop payment on the check and teminated the account on the phone options menu. today i get a bill for 47dlrs that i owe for the check not being able to process on an account i never activated. WTF?

mary davis Jul 26, 2008

someone PLEASE give me the automated activation phone number. not cust svc. NOT [protected] or 6142.

chance31 Jun 05, 2008

I signed up for the card and got it in about 5 business days, I called to activate the card and they wouldn't activate without a payment upfront, so I told them I would call in another day. I went to my bank and opened up a separate savings account and called the activation number again and made my payment and I havent had any problems. I knew about the upfront charges because I read the cardholder agreement online before applying. So the only that did suprise me was they didn't say you had to make a payment in order to activate the card. The card is issued through the Bank of Delaware, I haven't had any problems thus far and I have already 1 credit limit increase which by the way they charge you for increasing your limit, thats also in small print on the agreement.

chrisftw May 30, 2008

oh and its not THURDY you dumb ###s its THIRTY lol these are the people getting credit cards.. oy.. no wonder america is messed up credit wise

chrisftw May 30, 2008

OMG.. do any of you friggin READ THE SIGN UP AGREEMENT!! YES THAT MEANS THE SMALL PRINT YOU IGNORANT, LAZY, CREDIT ###ED PEOPLE YOU For christ sakes before you even sign up! you can read about the fee's! and that's before you even hit the submit button on the internet to get the damn card! WOW so many people look for somebody else to blame for their screw up's

• Li
    LISA MOORE May 10, 2008

I just received a card today with A 250 BILL AND A CREDIT CARD I NEED TO CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL !!! cAN SOMEONE HELP ME!

angel May 04, 2008

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you are trying to get hold of Continental Finance their direct number is [protected]. within a few seconds it will give you a representative that will help you based on your social and billing address.

Christy May 02, 2008

I received the card, then the bill a day later with $250 balance and $50 available credit. I called to activate the card. All ok so far. THEN I go to Walgreens to make a purchase under $20. Card declined. I go to Walmart. Card declined. I go to the post office. Card declined. Cannot get a hold of a human. Toll free numer (computer) says I still have $50 available credit. Payment of $50 due in 2 weeks. Nothing states this payment has to be made first before using.

mark mccall Apr 07, 2008

I also applied and was approved for 300 dollars in credit they sent me two statements saying I owed 250 dollars processing fee and 50 dollars annual fee leaving 50 dollars of credit. heres the kicker I have never recieved their stinking credit card I even reported it lost in mail so they said they sent another card out, three weeks have gone by no card what a rip off now I have learned they are closing my account because i have not activated the card within thurty days as I said before there has never been a card to activate please beware of this jack ### company
    they are obviously being ran by a bunch of MORANS

• Ed
    Edward Mar 03, 2008

I was approved for the same card, what can I do to get around the problems everyone else has?

• Ed
    edilberto Feb 19, 2008

I called and sent a payment in full(2/2008) in order to cancel the card. I hope it works. I am unable to contact anyone now that I cut up the card because I do not have the card number. I hope it does not cost me much more than it already has. This company if full of dishonest individuals.

• Do
    Donna Joy Feb 12, 2008

I totally agree that this company is a bunch of crooks!
    I signed up for this same card, agreed on line to the fees, etc, but never received the card. Apparently someone did, as I was told I had charges on it and they wanted $50 upfront when I hadn,t even used the card. They call me night and day. I refused to pay this even though they keep adding charges daily to it. I will freeze in hell before I pay them a dime!!!!!!! I have put their number on ignore on my cell and I won,t answer any out of state call. How does the government let these people get by with things like this?

• Co
    Coralimar Roca Jan 31, 2008

I cannot get a hold of anybody either, I dial in all the numbers they ask for and then cannot reach anyone, it actually hangs up on me and I too need to cancel this card before I owe them my house, this is ridiculous, can anyone give any contact info if any???

• Ha
    Hannah Jacobs Jan 28, 2008

I got the same thing, what do you do? I can't get a hold of anyone!! They want a card number when you call but I don't have one!