Continental Finance Credit Cardhas me in tears

Got this card to rebuild my credit after a bankruptcy. Have had it for at least a year.

How sad that this means I can be constantly harrassed by email and phone, regardless of IF I HAVE PAID ON TIME. Payment due in a week? Here's an email. Already paid 2 days ago? Their absolutely RUDE representatives will yell and and tell you you are late. I live on the west coast and paid my bill on the due date, during business hours. Well, since they are on the east coast, if I dont pay by 2pm est, they say you pay late! Who else on earth has rules like this? I'm writing this today because I got in a monster screaming match with the rep (who can never see that youve paid online) and her useless manager Jennifer "I cant give you my last name". I ended up nearly pooping a blood vessel with rage and hung up on her. SHE CALLED ME BACK. Of course I didnt answer because I'm not a glutton for punishment and I dont need a heart attack. I will be placing my 3rd BBB complaint in a few minutes. Bad Credit? Hey, save yourself a headache and dont go through these people. Not nice. They claim to help, but here's the rub: If you cant take the abuse and end up closing your card, it damages your credit you endured hell for to rebuild. PASS.

• Ca
    Calvin J. Waters Oct 05, 2007

I am having a problem getting to the speak with a live agent and the automated system is not recognizing my account number so I cannot get through the system. There should be prompt to get to a live agent at all times. This is causing a problem, a very serious problem payment wise nor can I explain the problems I'm having with my card to an automated system.

James Marsh Oct 12, 2007

I agree they are screwing over there customers.

• Ji
    jim baker Oct 17, 2007

This is the worst credit card I have ever had. I think they should close this company down! They have worst customer service I have ever seen!

Jim.

• Ni
    nibbs Nov 26, 2007

I ordered a Continental Finance card. After I received it, I used it to pay some small bills. After seeing their maintenance fees, I realized that no matter when or how I paid I was always listed as a late payment. Then I ended up hospitalized, and the account went further delinquent. When I finally came home and got access to my mail, I paid off the card and closed the account. I had cut up the actual card months before.

Three weeks later I received a bill with a service fee and a late charge. I called again. I refused to pay a late fee, but paid the service fee. I was promised that they would remove the late charge and the account would be closed. They told me they could not give me a confirmation number because they were not authorized to do it themselves but had to send it to another department.

Three weeks later I received another bill, this time with two late fees on it, and a service fee. They claimed to have no record of my previous call. I repeated the process. I paid the maintenance fee, and they promised to remove the late charges. I called a week later to confirm this was done. They had no record of this again, but assured me it would be resolved.

Now...I pulled up my credit report and have found that since then I have married, and moved. I am at home with a full-term pregnancy on bed rest, and I am mad. All these past 9 months I have been being billed...for services I never received on an account that I have attempted to close four times. Every bill I ever got from them had incorrect information. Furthermore, I never received any initial bills, only ones saying I was late. I fail to understand. I can't pay a card on time that won't send me bills on time. I think it's a scam to ensure the extra fees every month, and as debilitated as I was, they should be ashamed for this sort of exploitation. I have called them and told them my situation, and they told me to pay off all my fees and close the card. I cannot bring myself to do that...this is too dishonest. I am seeking to find out what my legal rights are. I must have some.

janis mills Dec 17, 2007

I need to talk to a live customer representative from continental finance credit card center

• Ke
    Kenya D Dec 20, 2007

I purchased this card a month ago, no live customer service, keep referring me to different number, card did not work.. It is just not a good company to purchase card with, please do not get this card, get something else!!!

• Mi
    Micah Dec 21, 2007

Ccontinental Finance Compan is a scam, and a huge rip off. Stay away from this company!

• Ki
    Kimberly Miller Feb 09, 2008

I have this credit card. I made a payment in June of 2007 of 225.00. In November of 2007 they reversed this payment and charged me fees. I made multiple phone calls and even faxed my bank statement too them showing them that I had made this payment and they had put it on the correct account. It is now 2 1/2 months later and they still have refused to fix this and are charging me late fees. I refuse to send these people anymore money because they already stole from me.

• St
    Steven D. Newbury Feb 17, 2008

I have moved during the time it took for you to procees my application, and I have paid the amount owed to you as well, but You will not allow me to turn my card on now as I no longer have my home phone no. that I used when I opened my account and I no longer have that phone no. I have tried and tried to talk to someone so I can get my card turned on so that I may begin using it and I cannot get through to any one. Could someone please help me resolve this issue asap??

Steven D Newbury
    Card No.5206 0530 1229 4716
    515-778-7209

• Li
    Lindsey Vermillion Apr 10, 2008

My credit card was due to expire at the end of February, and I have yet to receive my new card. It is now mid-April. I have reported my card lost twice only to find out that they never actually mailed the card to me. I know they have the correct address because I've been receiving the bill and the pin number for each of the cards they supposedly sent me. This company is definitely not worth dealing with.

• Ha
    harrasing phone calls Aug 09, 2009

i recently closed my account(8/8/09) because of harrasing phone calls, and unfair charges on my card.I was pleased with the company untill then. I was harrased with 27 phone calls in two days. i would like to keep my account but not under these circumstances. please help and investigate.