ZPDI / Charged over $200 for collect calls

This company charged me over $200.00 on collect calls. Several times my children under the age of 18 accepted the calls. There was no rhyme or reason as to their per minute charges, and this company as well as any other company not regulated by the FCC needs to be addressed. Has anyone successfully gone up against this company and won? I am filing complaints with the Attorney General's office, my local government reps, and the local television stations. Somehow, companies like this need to stop price gauging and learn that we are consumers, and when someone is in trouble (hence the collect calls), there usually isn't a choice but to answer and accept. You're not thinking. You're very emotional. AND, allowing children to accept is totally irresponsible.

Va

Comments

• Op
      3rd of Jan, 2012

I was charged 163.07 for November and December, and 34.65 for October. I wasn't able to access my bill online until now and the information I needed wasn't on my papaer bill. When I finally was able to see what the "other charges" were, I was very upset, because I never accepted the collect calls. I would received a call, then heard part of the recording and hung up. I never pressed 1, as they claimed "must have happened." That was just a signal for me to call back. I had no idea ZPDI (1-888-507-0734) was charging me 9.95 everytime that occurred. They were very unkind on the phone, but ask me to send a dispute letter along with the bill, and gave me a fax number. (1-800-700-1116) I contacted verizon to request a copy of ZPDI's bills and will type a letter of dispute and fax it. Until then, Verizon placed that portion of my bill on hold.