Zara.com / return policy, lack of compassion

1 15 Leeway Rd, 19 Riverclub, Durban, South Africa

I was actually quite disappointed with the response I received, when I called your Gateway Store, concerning the return of 2 items.

I had purchased a gift for my son, a pants and shirt, for his birthday. When I had purchased it I had asked for a gift certificate, and I was told that Zara did not give gift receipts. Unfortunately my son had already purchased the exact same pants, a while ago (same brand and colour).

Due to the fact that there has been no gift receipt, he could not exchange and had to wait for me, as I was away over Christmas, and thereafter from the 1st of January we have had 3 funerals/deaths in the family, which you can imagine, has been quite traumatic. At no point during all this was I thinking about these items that needed to be returned, so distraught with grief.
I called your store today, to ask if it was possible to return these items and was told that it was IMPOSSIBLE, because it was 2 days over the return period allowed.

I would really appreciate any assistance and help that you could provide. These are expensive items. Really is there no way to help, even in extenuating circumstances.
I find that extremely sad.
And the result of this appeal will definitely influence any future decision to shop in your stores.

Gateway Manager that I spoke to : Andila Mzobe