Zara / rude staff

Aug 8, 2015
Two days prior to my major complaint, I bought two dresses in the sale section of Zara, Sliema. One dress of which I found when I was home was ripped, the other fine however sheer underneath and therefore unwearable without a slip. I decided to return both products. When returning the products today I was told I could not return one because of the lack of tags. Which I could understand as I did not check the garment thoroughly enough before I bought it. The manager was also friendly and politely told me it could not be returned. However although the staff dealing with the matter on the cashiers were friendly when discussing the garment to me personally, they spoke to each other only in Maltese. Not only was this extremely humiliating but as I do my speak the language I was unable to keep up with what was happening now with my order. The staff further looked at me and back at the garment speaking only in Maltese. This is completely unacceptable. I know fine well they are able to speak English as they did to me and well enough to discuss the matter in front of me in English. I was made to feel humiliated in front of a line of customers as they spoke about me while I was in front of them. I would recommend anyone who is not a Maltese citizen to boycott Zara, Sliema due to this humiliating and petty behaviour.

Zara.com Logo Zara.com