Zara Gift Card / cheating

pune, India Review updated:

I was gifted Rs5000/-gift card on 3rd July 2013. It has been partly used by me and there is a balance of rs 1030/- in the card. When I went today to ZARA to redeem the card for merchandise I was told that the card has expired. Apparently it was purchased by my friend on 27th june2013 and gifted to me on 3rd july 2013. ZARA Gift card does not mention expiry date so how should one know. Also ZARA has been paid for the amount so why are they cheating us of the money. It is not a credit note but a Gift Vocher card so they have pretty well been paid in advance so why CHEAT on us using expiry as an alibi. Not to mention that they have pretty aweful stuff to sell in their Pune outlet.236e9
Card no [protected]

Ka
Jun 30, 2014

Comments

• Ad
      Oct 07, 2014

you can check the expiry date here http://www.zara.com/us/en/gift-card/check-balance-c295504.html

• St
      Apr 21, 2016

I purchased two gift cards as Christmas presents - for a total of $125. - three attempts to use them at retail in VA - all failed - getting my money back through visa. :(

Jul 25, 2017

There is a new Rule that Gift cards cannot expire Basically If you paid money for a coupon or a card anything it cannot expire unless it has an offer in it.
    Like if you buy a gift card for 5000 but you get 6000 rupees credit. Then it can expire. If its the same amount then it cannot expire You can sue them