Zales / emerld cut diamond ring

1 Lawton, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 580-353-3456

Re:Emerald Cut ring purchase price $ 4, 799.99
Cert#[protected]

Myhusband purchased this ring November 2004 ...I began to notice a color change after I had the Zales people send it off for a sizing. It is white gold and it started showing a yellow tint about 1 year ago. I said something to my husband and he could not see it. But, I am a women and love pretty jewerly so, I was difitenly noticing it. I brought the problem up at the store and the manager said it needed to be sent off and have it polished etc. She sent it off and it took 3 weeks to get it back but, she said she sent it somewhere else (because it was not done right) and so it did not get back from that place for over a week after I had another visist with her. I received it today and one of the diamonds in not centered where it should be...This was not this way until it had be sent out of the Lawton store to the repair shop and then sent out to the 2nd repair shoP. I love this ring b ut, the service is no good. I expected to be contacted before it was sent out the second time. Someone is not doing their job ... after spending way over $10, 000 with Zales since August 1982 I feel like they are taking me for granted and do not appreciate good customers. Ii have good jewerly but, it cannot be serviced by every Tom Dick and Harry .. who does the repairs etc for Zales? some wierdo that has not education in jewerly? I intend to take this up with the manager asap...Then I will have to wait another month or so to have the stone reset. Every time we go in the store we have to deal with someone different.My other complaint is that I purchased a band that matches my Zales Diamont 1 ct. and I was told that I would have to pay for the sizing...what is the deal there. Do you require everyone to pay for sizing???? I never knew that...If you want to sell something you have to have it sized to fit the customers finger. What has happend to good service for what you buy????????? I really would love just to have my money back or a new ring...)Please check this out and give me a answer...June Cantrell, 3405 Rambling Oaks, Duncan, Ok [protected]

Comments

• Ju
      1st of Apr, 2009

This is in response to your concern about your ring's color--if it was white gold (which I'm guessing it was), it is normal for it to lose its white color over time. "White" gold is not really white--it actually has a yellowish cast to it, like the one you describe. White gold jewelry is usually plated with a substance called rhodium to give the metal its white hue. It will need to be replated every so often to keep its white color. As for the rest of your complaints, sorry I can't help you, but I hope everything turned out all right.