Zales / Blue Sapphire Ring / horrible repairs

Midland, MI, United States Review updated:

My boyfriend surprised me the week before Valentines by taking me to Zales at our local mall and telling me to pick out a ring from their candy colored gem collection. I was so excited and 100% surprised. I settled for a beautiful sapphire ring. It was a size 7 and was too big. They said she I would be able to pick it up on Feb 20. Well it was done 5 days early! I was so happy. It really is a beautiful ring and I love it. The only blemish on this beautiful surprise is a crack where they resized it! To me this says, "we don't cer about you, your ring or if you spend money here." I'm taking it back today. Depending on the attitude and options I may just ask for a refund. This is not the degree of quality I expected from Zales. Disappointed.

Sa
Feb 20, 2013

Comments

• Fo
      Feb 20, 2013

The crack could have been there at the time of purchase and just plain not noticed.

Feb 20, 2013

Tasha13: Maybe I was using a "smart" phone when I created this post and didn't catch the spelling error???? Maybe people don't need to be so rude. My next complaint should be titled, "Rude people on the internet who jump to conclusions and throw fits over a single spelling error." Apparently you have too much free time if you're going to comment three times about one misspelled word. Get a life.
    Very_concerned : Yes, the crack was in the band. I could even see a spot of solder on it. They offered to send it back and have it "fixed" properly. I asked for a replacement ring and received that instead. However, the sales associate told me, "Sterling silver is very delicate and the price you paid, this ring is more like costume jewelry." I couldn't believe she said that and then gave me an attitude when I asked for a replacement ring. If it is "costume jewelry" then you shouldn't have any trouble replacing it. But all in all, I walked out with a new ring and hopefully will have no further issues.

Feb 20, 2013

I would say that calling me stupid and lazy for misspelling one word is a bit harsh. In this world full of idiots who cannot spell or use grammar correctly, I believe one overlooked spelling error dies not warrant harassment.
    Yes, the crack was where it was soldered. I got a replacement ring after a bit of attitude from the two sales associates. I wont' be going back there when my boyfriend and I get engaged.

• Us
      Aug 29, 2013

Do you know what is an interesting lie, "WestCoastLover" & the idiot "Very_concerned":
    The Stupid racist ### who are really- (Tracey McManus /using multiple aliases online, worked for The Augusta Chronicle) -she keeps on lying, editing & omitting facts, plus you ought to know (living in Augusta GA)- how so many racist lunatics; like you, don't acturately list or give any credit to anything African-Americans do. That's why people like you are so obsessed with "Dr. Frank Beckles", and can't help lying about him! Because your kind hate black people so much.. So take your medications like a good girl, you are suffering from multiple peronalities AGAIN.. Everyone can see how ###ed you are- you love calling people lairs, when YOU are the biggest liar & hypocrite EVER, you can't even be honest as to who you are (Tracey McManus- deranged lunatic who was fired from another Newspaper Company), because "She thinks everyone's Dr. Frank Beckles"!!! And Everyone's a liar, except for her!!! TRACEY ISN'T FROM THE WEST COAST- SHE LIVES IN AUGUSTA, GA!!! Tracey, you were fired from your job for LYING, yet you keep on posting & spamming lies!?!
    Oddly, most of the crap you mention that are lies about Dr. Beckles don't show up ANYWHERE on the internet...