YMT Vacations / dishonest sales pitches

United States Review updated:

When you inquire about one of their tours they will tell you there are only a few spaces left or that it will be sold out by the end of the week. This is just a scam to get you to put down your $100 deposit. You can call back six months later and the same trip will will stil just have a few spaces left.
They will definitely stretch the truth in order to get you to commit. The price is always low but keep in mind that meals are not included and that adds up to a lot of money even though they suggest it doesn't.Unless you don't mind eating fast food for 2 weeks. You get what you pay for applies here. The complaints you read about on the internet are probably all true even though they have an excuse for all of them. I suggest you spend the extra money and go with a company that has a better reputation.

Jo

Comments

• Ym
      3rd of May, 2012

Each year YMT takes thousands of happy guests on vacation. While generally our trips sell out well in advance, sometimes cancelations make additional places available closer to the trip’s departure date. Additionally, we take pride in the quality of our trips and believe that the price point enables a wide range of travelers to experience a memorable trip at an affordable price. We understand that everyone has different needs, but we do our best to go above and beyond to take care of our guests from the time of making the reservation until they return home. Should you have any questions about our company, you are always welcome to contact me via e-mail at [protected]@ymtvacations.com or call me at (310) 649-7198.

Noreen Soomro
    Guest Relations Coordinator

• Jv
      21st of Dec, 2012

My wife and I booked a tour sponsored by WCCO radio through YMT Vacations this past August 2012. Tour of Western Canada and Alaska cruse. WCCO on air personality, Susie
    Jones cancelled at the last minute due to health concerns. We received a letter from YMT
    vacations dated August 8, 2012 promising a $100.00 per person refund from YMT or a total
    of $200.00 . We have made more than a few attempts at contacting YMT asking the same question: Where is the money? We have been told on several occassions that we should receive the funds my the end of the week. What we didn't realize is they didn't specify
    what month of the end of the week.
    We were also promised as a goodwill gesture that we would receive a $100.00 per person
    Future Travel Coupon. If YMT can't get the above $200.00 in cash to us after four months now what hope is there we will ever see the Travel Coupons . We are not holding our breath believe me. As for future travel??
    James V. Farrell, Bloomington, Mn 55438