[Resolved] Yes! Communities / management

5 RALEIGH, NC, United States

I live in the Foxhall Village in Raleigh Nc. I have lived here for 5years. When I first moved here the carpets were dirty and never cleaned. I have had many issues. The management keeps changing. My car has been towed unlawfully and they had to reimburse me the costs. My moblie home has mold and bed bugs. The manager said that it was too expensive for him to keep trying to fix the bedbug issue. He refuses to do anything about it. They were supposed to fix my refrigerator but it stil is leaking water. They are charging me large amounts of money for my water. They charge whatever they want for my water bill. I am disable and I had run in some issues were my rent was late this month. They changed the late payment due date without my knowledge. I recieved court papers. However, I paid the rent including late fees before the court date. It was a few days after I got the court papers. The management said that I still owe the $275 court cost. Why would I pay for court when we never went? My rent is already extremely high and the amount flucuates every month. I have paid between $1185 to $2200 for my rent. Please contact me as soon as possible to resolve the issue.

• Resolution statement

• YES! Communities Customer Care's Response, Sep 25, 2018

We understand that you have spoken again with your Community Manager and you all discussed the following:
    I spoke with Patricia and I addressed the following issues with her.

Rent/Payments and fees: Your community manager reconfirmed that you understood that rent is due by the first, late fees are applied as of COB on the 5th, the community files for eviction on the 12th of each month. If they file for eviction, the resident is charge the $275.00 fee associated with the attorney cost of filing the eviction.

Leaking Fridge: The community placed a work order when you were in the office yesterday and the leak was caused by items being stuffed into the vents in the freezer which caused a block of ice to form and then defrost.

Bugs: You reported bugs in the home. While completing the work order on the fridge the maintenance techs reported seeing some bugs. While they community did not see bed bugs, we understand you are going to send the community manager pictures of what you have seen and the community manager will address it further from there. Your home has been added to the pest control list.

Water/Sewer Costs: The community manager explained that they’ve done multiple meter tests and the meter checks have been spot on. The community manager spoke with you about a report that more than just yourself and your husband are staying in the home and he explained to you that anybody living in the home needs to be added to the lease and that the more people using water, taking showers, using the restroom would cause an increase to your water and sewer bill. The community manager said that your bill does not match a two adult/one child household, but he told you about the average usage per adult and how that can be the increase in your bill.

We understand that you know have a better understanding of everything and the community manager will continue to work with you and address any issues you have in the future. We appreciate your residency and should you have any additional concerns please reach out to our Resident Relations Department at 1-844-280-2203.

Li